AgileBits in Toronto offers 1Password, a password manager available to both private individuals and businesses, touting a unique approach to multi-factor authentication to improve security.Offers security & time savings, but I'd like a few more organizational/usability features.I use 1Password with both my internal team members (contractors) and with select clients. For internal purposes, my team members have access to a main vault containing key credentials for apps & systems, as well as securely stored credentials for client systems. I also have a separate vault where I house my operational credentials (e.g., not to be viewed by the team). With clients, 1Password offers a way to securely share sensitive data & credentials, and stay up-to-date on any changes they (or their team) might make to those assets. This helps avoid situations like password-protected spreadsheets or email sharing of credentials.,Securely stores passwords & sensitive data Integration with iPhone's password solution (ability to utilize 1Password info rather than Apple keychain items) Integration with Mac Touch ID Ability to access multiple accounts within a single interface (and search them all -- or not -- as needed),If a certain login needs to be placed in two vaults (e.g., for two different teams), any updates must be applied to both instances which creates a bit of a management hurdle. We could create a 'special' vault for those types of items, but that could lead to a lot of extraneous vaults. This is particularly relevant when using the "Guest" feature, as many of the credentials have to be duplicated, and then they won't sync to the Guest vault if they're updated in the Team vault. When using the 1Password iPhone app, the search field takes *forever* to populate results, making the search function essentially unusable. Instead, I typically use the alpha-scrolling and then manually navigate to the item I'm looking for. If I view a specific vault within the desktop app, the next time I use the browser extension the results are also restricted to that vault. In order to get it to look at all vaults again, I have to open the desktop app and change it back to "all vaults" there — there's no way to select the vault within the browser extension. The system walks you through the initial setup steps fairly well, but then setting up the apps can be a bit daunting. I'm planning to get my family members onto a personal plan, but the set up is so complicated that I have to wait until we're together so that I can help them through it. This also creates some difficulty when on-boarding new users for my business, as it takes a lot of effort to be sure they have access to all of the right areas (and then use / save that info in order to log in to the apps). Seems like the business plan should have more options to accommodate organizing credentials for many different clients. Right now, we just rely on consistent naming conventions to allow like items to group together (e.g., Client Name — Website Title), but it's not very elegant and can get lengthy. I know that tags are available for use, but I'm not sure that would achieve the desired result. Initially, I had considered using individual vaults for each client, but there are just too many to merit individual vaults. When using the browser extension, there's no preview of the username, so if you have two records with the same title (e.g., United Mileage Plus), you have to view it before filling to ensure it's the right one. This means that all records must have a unique name / identifier, which can lead to very lengthy titles. This is particularly relevant when you have access to client accounts, since you can't be renaming their items to match your own naming conventions.,8,Simplified management & sharing processes, saves time Reduced stress by having a secure platform to save credentials Increased overall password security through the use of complex passwords The guest feature hasn't been as useful given the structure of our vaults, so new contractors are typically added as paid members, which can add up (especially since the membership is billed annually),,Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop, Slack, Asana, FreshdeskSecure password storage is a requirement in our day, 1Password is the best app for it.1Password is used by my whole team to securely store and share passwords to our various online accounts, as well as capture secure information that we need to share across the company. It is also used to help transfer and communicate credentials to online accounts to and from our clients. This allows us to have unique and strong passwords for all our accounts (approximately 3000 different credentials), without having to keep hard copies, and ensuring that they are in a secure location.,Create strong passwords: with a single click, 1password can create, store, and auto-fill password fields when new accounts are created. You can customize character options for those useless "security measures" put in place by some programmers that require (or alternatively, do not allow) capital letters, numerals, and special characters. Securely sharing passwords: through encrypted sharing methods or inviting to a team vault, you can easily share one or many credentials with clients and team members. Securely storing payment info: using the same secure encryption methods, you can also store an autofill payment methods (credit cards, etc) for one-click use on ecommerce sites.,Price: 1Password is the best app in the industry for this functionality, and as such, the price tag is also among the highest. Browser extensions: this may be more of a function of constantly shifting browser technology, but at times the auto-fill functionality can feel glitchy, leading to confusion,10,Time saving: it is very simple to securely create, store, and share passwords across the team and with clients Brain-space-saving! I don't ever have to think about passwords anymore. Risk-mitigation - Account compromising and identity theft becomes a near non-factor, and it is simple to change out passwords for services that have been compromised at the their company level, rather than our account level.,LastPass,Toggl, draw.io, Apple iCloud1Password is a Must-BuySeveral of our team members use 1Password to manage both business and personal accounts. 1Password makes it extremely easy to generate random, secure logins and save them in a secure way. It's an indispensable tool for making sure our online accounts stay secure. The integrations with Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and other browsers are fantastic.,Generates random passwords Securely stores passwords Integrates with all major browsers Excellent mobile app,1Password is starting to move to a services-model. I'm not a huge fan... 1Password's syncing options could use some work Would love to see better software license support in the app,10,Safely manage online accounts without high costs Shared credentials allow us to pay less for some SaaS services Eliminates time spent managing credentials,LastPass and DashlanePeace of Mind for Me and My ClientsAs a digital marketing consultant for many different companies I have many, many, many passwords that I use on a regular basis for each of these businesses. 1Password enables me to keep my clients passwords at my fingertips no matter what device I am on, separate from each other and organized by client, and most importantly, SECURE.,Syncs across multiple devices, so no matter what device you are on you have your passwords readily available. Enables you to easily organize your passwords however you would like! Accurately detects when you create a new password on a site you have a previously saved password for.,Occasionally the auto-fill function malfunctions. It seems to be device specific, it only happens on my laptop. I have not been able to figure out how to fix it.,10,1Password has enable me to give my clients piece of mind that their passwords are secure which has enabled me to do more business with them.,Keeper,MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, BufferAll of my passwords in the palm of my hand. Securely.I originally began using 1Password when I ran my own business. In this day and age we all have countless logins across a myriad of sites, and at a time when security has never been more important (or more precarious), 1Password helps me keep separate, individual passwords for every single login I own. I continue to use 1Password personally, and log into the app numerous times every day. I used to use a hard copy notebook, but that method made it too appealing to use simple or easy-to-remember (and easy to hack!) passwords and led to frequent failed logins when I mistyped them. 1Password has kept me more secure and saved me countless hours.,It's secure. 1Password makes no bones about the fact that its encryption is state-of-the-art (it has to be, right?). While my knowledge of encryption is entry-level at best, I do understand that 1) having a secure, encrypted master password file is key, and 2) this allows users to store unique passwords for every login, which means that even if hackers steal a password at one site, they can't use that same password to gain entry into all of your systems. It syncs across devices, seamlessly. Whether I'm at home or at work, I can find every password in seconds. It's a great place to store other information you need to keep secure: notes, software licenses, social security numbers of family members, etc. 1Password uses Apple's FaceID feature quite well... now I don't even need to type in my master password when logging in on my phone. I just open the app and look at the screen and viola! I'm in. 1Password's iOS and Chrome integrations are top-notch as well. Most of the time I don't even need to open the app -- I can just use the plugin on my browser, or iOS will suggest the password to use (again, with FaceID) for a website. Again, terrific time-savings. 1Password's ability to generate strong passwords based on a formula may not be anything new, but it certainly is more helpful than trying to come up with one yourself. One click will suggest passwords that are extremely hard to break.,As you update or change passwords, occasionally 1Password will create duplicate entries for logins -- sometimes it will take me going through several entries for Google, for instance, before I find the correct one. I can delete the duplicates, of course, but this feels amateurish. This is a minor point, but I have so many logins it takes quite a while to scroll and find the correct one, so when using 1Password on my phone, I like to use the letters on the side of the screen. However, these are quite small and even on my iPhone XR, I often wind up hitting the wrong letter. When possible, I much prefer to purchase my software outright, rather than using a subscription model. With 1Password 7, it doesn't appear that there is an option to do that, so you're stuck paying an admittedly small amount each month, on an ongoing basis.,10,Time savings - I don't spend much (hardly any, actually) time looking up passwords anymore. Security - A lack of it can be costly for any company, am I right? Mobility - even when working from home, or at a coffee shop, my secure data is always in my pocket. This gives me the flexibility I need to do my job well, even when unforeseen circumstances like the kids getting sick take me away from my primary work environment.,
1Password

1Password Reviews

1Password
Filter 39 vetted 1Password reviews and ratings

Jennifer Hess profile photo
December 18, 2018

1Password Review: "Offers security & time savings, but I'd like a few more organizational/usability features."

• Securely stores passwords & sensitive data
  • Integration with iPhone's password solution (ability to utilize 1Password info rather than Apple keychain items)
  • Integration with Mac Touch ID
  • Ability to access multiple accounts within a single interface (and search them all -- or not -- as needed)
  • If a certain login needs to be placed in two vaults (e.g., for two different teams), any updates must be applied to both instances which creates a bit of a management hurdle. We could create a 'special' vault for those types of items, but that could lead to a lot of extraneous vaults. This is particularly relevant when using the "Guest" feature, as many of the credentials have to be duplicated, and then they won't sync to the Guest vault if they're updated in the Team vault.
  • When using the 1Password iPhone app, the search field takes *forever* to populate results, making the search function essentially unusable. Instead, I typically use the alpha-scrolling and then manually navigate to the item I'm looking for.
  • If I view a specific vault within the desktop app, the next time I use the browser extension the results are also restricted to that vault. In order to get it to look at all vaults again, I have to open the desktop app and change it back to "all vaults" there — there's no way to select the vault within the browser extension.
  • The system walks you through the initial setup steps fairly well, but then setting up the apps can be a bit daunting. I'm planning to get my family members onto a personal plan, but the set up is so complicated that I have to wait until we're together so that I can help them through it. This also creates some difficulty when on-boarding new users for my business, as it takes a lot of effort to be sure they have access to all of the right areas (and then use / save that info in order to log in to the apps).
  • Seems like the business plan should have more options to accommodate organizing credentials for many different clients. Right now, we just rely on consistent naming conventions to allow like items to group together (e.g., Client Name — Website Title), but it's not very elegant and can get lengthy. I know that tags are available for use, but I'm not sure that would achieve the desired result. Initially, I had considered using individual vaults for each client, but there are just too many to merit individual vaults.
  • When using the browser extension, there's no preview of the username, so if you have two records with the same title (e.g., United Mileage Plus), you have to view it before filling to ensure it's the right one. This means that all records must have a unique name / identifier, which can lead to very lengthy titles. This is particularly relevant when you have access to client accounts, since you can't be renaming their items to match your own naming conventions.
1Password is ideal for securely storing credentials and sharing within a team. Also, having a secure resource for storing sensitive client data (logins, payment methods) is important for mitigating liability. The setup process is a bit complex, but once everything is established, the system is fairly easy to use. The browser extensions are really helpful in saving a step (even if you have to view the record before filing when multiple matches exist). The password generator functionality also allows for the creation of secure passwords without being cumbersome to use on a daily basis.
Read Jennifer Hess's full review
Matt Heerema profile photo
November 16, 2018

Review: "Secure password storage is a requirement in our day, 1Password is the best app for it."

• Create strong passwords: with a single click, 1password can create, store, and auto-fill password fields when new accounts are created. You can customize character options for those useless "security measures" put in place by some programmers that require (or alternatively, do not allow) capital letters, numerals, and special characters.
  • Securely sharing passwords: through encrypted sharing methods or inviting to a team vault, you can easily share one or many credentials with clients and team members.
  • Securely storing payment info: using the same secure encryption methods, you can also store an autofill payment methods (credit cards, etc) for one-click use on ecommerce sites.
  • Price: 1Password is the best app in the industry for this functionality, and as such, the price tag is also among the highest.
  • Browser extensions: this may be more of a function of constantly shifting browser technology, but at times the auto-fill functionality can feel glitchy, leading to confusion
Unique, strong passwords are a requirement in this era of ubiquitous and automated hacking. You should never use a password fewer than 12 characters that you can remember, and never use passwords that contain any remotely personal information. I see weak passwords from clients constantly, primarily because of the problem of remembering all your passwords. 1Password eliminates this issue. Create a single, strong, memorable password for the app, and the app does the job of creating unique and impossible-to-guess passwords for all your online accounts. Everyone needs an app like 1Password.
Read Matt Heerema's full review
Tim Noetzel profile photo
November 18, 2018

User Review: "1Password is a Must-Buy"

• Generates random passwords
  • Securely stores passwords
  • Integrates with all major browsers
  • Excellent mobile app
  • 1Password is starting to move to a services-model. I'm not a huge fan...
  • 1Password's syncing options could use some work
  • Would love to see better software license support in the app
1Password is a fantastic tool for managing passwords for individual team members in small teams. It's got excellent options for generating passwords and storing them securely, either locally or on 1Password's servers. It's not necessarily the best tool for larger teams, and its enterprise features won't scale well beyond about 50 people.
Read Tim Noetzel's full review
Tracy Beers profile photo
September 10, 2018

1Password Review: "Peace of Mind for Me and My Clients"

• Syncs across multiple devices, so no matter what device you are on you have your passwords readily available.
  • Enables you to easily organize your passwords however you would like!
  • Accurately detects when you create a new password on a site you have a previously saved password for.
  • Occasionally the auto-fill function malfunctions. It seems to be device specific, it only happens on my laptop. I have not been able to figure out how to fix it.
It is well suited for anyone who has many passwords to manage.
Read Tracy Beers's full review
January 11, 2019

1Password Review: "All of my passwords in the palm of my hand. Securely."

• It's secure. 1Password makes no bones about the fact that its encryption is state-of-the-art (it has to be, right?). While my knowledge of encryption is entry-level at best, I do understand that 1) having a secure, encrypted master password file is key, and 2) this allows users to store unique passwords for every login, which means that even if hackers steal a password at one site, they can't use that same password to gain entry into all of your systems.
  • It syncs across devices, seamlessly. Whether I'm at home or at work, I can find every password in seconds.
  • It's a great place to store other information you need to keep secure: notes, software licenses, social security numbers of family members, etc.
  • 1Password uses Apple's FaceID feature quite well... now I don't even need to type in my master password when logging in on my phone. I just open the app and look at the screen and viola! I'm in.
  • 1Password's iOS and Chrome integrations are top-notch as well. Most of the time I don't even need to open the app -- I can just use the plugin on my browser, or iOS will suggest the password to use (again, with FaceID) for a website. Again, terrific time-savings.
  • 1Password's ability to generate strong passwords based on a formula may not be anything new, but it certainly is more helpful than trying to come up with one yourself. One click will suggest passwords that are extremely hard to break.
  • As you update or change passwords, occasionally 1Password will create duplicate entries for logins -- sometimes it will take me going through several entries for Google, for instance, before I find the correct one. I can delete the duplicates, of course, but this feels amateurish.
  • This is a minor point, but I have so many logins it takes quite a while to scroll and find the correct one, so when using 1Password on my phone, I like to use the letters on the side of the screen. However, these are quite small and even on my iPhone XR, I often wind up hitting the wrong letter.
  • When possible, I much prefer to purchase my software outright, rather than using a subscription model. With 1Password 7, it doesn't appear that there is an option to do that, so you're stuck paying an admittedly small amount each month, on an ongoing basis.
1Password is fantastic for keeping track of personal logins, as well as work logins. Far better than simply jotting down passwords in a notebook and stuffing it in the bottom drawer where you hope no one will notice it! I probably wouldn't trust it to store nuclear codes, but I feel plenty secure knowing that even if malicious parties steal data from a corporate data leak (as has happened to all of us over time), my other logins have not been compromised.
December 18, 2018

Review: "Wouldn't consider anything other than 1Password for password management!"

To my knowledge I am the only person at my organization who uses 1Password --- but I wish EVERYONE would. It would save them a lot of time and trouble in recovering forgotten passwords, setting secure passwords, and so on. It's hard for me to believe that anyone can function without a tool like this!
  • Remembers my passwords across all sites.
  • Allows me to use passwords across different devices.
  • Generates secure passwords.
  • At times I find the sync lags behind on different devices.
  • Sometimes hard to add to new devices with the Dropbox sync.
1Password is ideal when, like me, you use a myriad of different websites across different devices in a single day. There's no way to remember all of those passwords, especially if you want the most secure passwords possible. This app helps me stay on top of my logins without having to constantly reset my passwords.
November 01, 2018

User Review: "1Password has simplified our lives"

As a person responsible for managing many of our third-party vendors and their dashboards/logins, 1Password has made this incredibly easy. Sharing access to others in our company is very convenient using 1Password. It is not used across our entire company, but it is being used across multiple teams in my department.
  • 1Password is very easy to use. There isn'y really any learning curve when we get a new team member familiar with using it.
  • We use 1Password across many teams without any issue. We have many users that use 1Password every day for work and it has greatly eliminated the frustration of not know the login to a certain app or site.
  • The new password generator is very helpful when sites have complicated password requirements. This leads to people forgetting passwords quite often, but 1Password solves this problem.
  • There have been issues where team members have made changes to passwords and it would be helpful to know when and who made these changes.
  • The cost for our teams to use 1Password was a little steep. However, it does seem worth it for the convenience.
  • The online support/FAQ is not the most helpful place to go for answers. I have waited very long periods of time to get responses from the support team, but this is a rare occurrence.
1Password is perfect for many of the users on our teams. As we continue to add new tools from vendors and add new users to these tools, the amount of log-ins can get to be a huge hassle to manage. 1Password has really simplified the management of all of these passwords.

There isn't really a scenario that we have run into where 1Password wouldn't be well suited, but if for some reason you only ever had one login and one password to manage, 1Password may be overkill.
Anthony Kelly profile photo
May 22, 2018

Review: "1Password is the industry standard for a reason"

1Password is being used across my entire organization, in conjunction with LastPass, though 1Password is absolutely our tool of choice. As a small team of Implementation Engineers, we are often given access to customers' CRM Sandbox and Production instances, and all of us may need access to one of said instances at some point. With that said, we are able to use a shared vault in 1Password so that we can share these credentials without bugging each other.
  • Integrates with every browser I use seamlessly. It works flawlessly in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. It can also sync between computers easily using dropbox or other similar applications
  • It is lightweight and does not have a huge memory footprint
  • It is extremely responsive to password / log in inputs in ways that other, free applications like LastPass or OnePass absolutely are not
  • The price is relatively exorbitant for your average user. I confess that I am using it based on a free license I got from working at Apple several years back; even loving this software as much as I do, $50 for a single license is a steep ask, especially in today's world of free applications
  • The interface has not been updated in quite a while. Not that it is bad, per se, and is very utilitarian, but a small facelift would be nice
Literally every human being in every single situation can use 1Password. It's well suited just for your average person who has too many passwords to manage mentally - name me one (non Ted Kaczynski type) who doesn't experience this issue daily. It's also well suited for teams as I mentioned in my previous comment in terms of collaboration.
Read Anthony Kelly's full review
Nathan Sichilongo profile photo
April 11, 2018

User Review: "1Password to Rule them All!"

We are using 1password to manage our different accounts across various social media platforms and business accounts. A lot of what we do is web-based and as a result, we share and use a lot of usernames and passwords to access and share information. 1Password makes this process easier for us as a company as we can easily share passwords without having to manually copy and paste them. It also improves our security with only one master password being held by the IT manager. Users can easily access the right passwords without those passwords being revealed adding to our overall security.
  • 1Password's integration with services like Dropbox means that our passwords are backed up to our own accounts allowing us to set up as we go, instead of having overhead costs.
  • 1Password's real-time sync means that when a user has updated a shared password, everyone who has access to that password gets the changes right away
  • 1Password for Business allows us to see how often users use specific logins and revoke and grant access on the fly eliminating the need to remember and share passwords and also saving time!
  • The starting price for teams can be pricey if you are not prepared for the costs. If you want the best features, you have to pay for them.
  • Setting up the integration with Dropbox requires a bit of tech know how. It is not rocket science but the average person will be a bit confused if they do not have IT knowledge. This alone is the biggest challenge to using it
1Password is great for individual and smaller teams. If you have a large team of users, you may want to try another solution which gives you free usage to test. The best case scenario is smaller departments like marketing or accounts that may need to share passwords and have mobile devices that can sync with 1password.
Read Nathan Sichilongo's full review
Eliz Marvic Melicio Carvajal profile photo
May 03, 2018

"1Password Review"

Both personally and in the company we use it in Mac, Windows, and Android environments. We have been using it for more than a year. It is easy to use. It is ideal to have all the safe usernames and passwords in one location, the connection with all our computers is optimal; it has security copies and updates it for all our equipment.
  • Easy to use, safe and affordable.
  • Synchronization on all my Apple devices - cloud support - integration of multiple browsers - support for credit cards
  • Fill in the login forms - Synchronization via Dropbox on the desktop and the smartphone Multi "vaults" for mixed professional and private use. Manage several logins for the same site.
  • The fact that you have a password generator is ideal for those cases where complex passwords are required in certain applications.
  • When a high number of passwords are handled it becomes a little complicated, it is necessary to review them all to label or classify them.
  • You can improve the entry data by storing password expiration and showing the history of password changes.
  • You can improve the support part, if you want to locate something you should check among thousands of questions to detect which one you are looking for.
  • Sometimes it is necessary to view the history of password changes and the app does not have that available.
  • They should improve the integration in online banking applications, in many cases it is very slow or a bit clumsy.
Read Eliz Marvic Melicio Carvajal's full review
Andersen Yu profile photo
May 01, 2018

Review: "1Password the flexible password security platform made for business teams"

1Password is being used across our entire organization both on an individual level and on a team level. For individuals, we use it to store our individual login credentials for the tools that we use. For teams, we use it to store the credentials for software the team leverages every once in a while that doesn't warrant needing individual logins for each person. 1Password also allows you to store 2FA credentials, which really makes it a one-stop shop for all your login needs.
  • Easy Set-up
  • Accessible across mobile, browser, and desktop
  • Great security
  • I can't think of anything
Well suited: Storing individual password, team passwords.

Less well suited: Can't think of anything.
Read Andersen Yu's full review
Andrea Carboni profile photo
May 10, 2018

1Password Review: "Become responsible with passwords by using this software"

It is being used to store and share password securely. It solves the business problem to manage the users' access to different services. It also stops us from having to share passwords on Slack.
  • Ease of access
  • Watchtower for mac users
  • User management
  • Sense of security ie single point of failure
  • Watchtower for windows users
Well suited to orgs that use lots of third party providers.
Read Andrea Carboni's full review
June 21, 2018

1Password Review: "My password solution"

1Password has been a great asset to our organization since it helps us organize all of our sensitive information like passwords, logins, credit cards and even annotations. Also, since it’s specialized in security, it enables us to create and maintain really secure passwords. We’re able to create vaults for each team, which is a better way to organize all of that information between different teams.
  • Generates secure passwords
  • Great integration with browsers
  • Vaults to better organize information
  • Cloud syncing to enable the use of multiple devices
  • Windows support
  • Better integration with other iOS apps
  • A Portuguese translation
It’s great to store logins and sensitive information like credit cards and notes. I think it’s less appropriate for mobile applications, since the process of opening 1Password app, finding the information, copying it then pasting, is not that straightforward.
July 13, 2018

Review: "1Password is amazing and will make your internet usage much safer"

We don't use 1Password for our organization but I do use it personally for my family.
  • I am such a big fan of 1Password. Aside from storing all passwords and making me generally safer from identity theft, I love their protection features.
  • I use 1Password for generating really strong strings of passwords. I also use it for storing vital information that my wife will never remember.
  • The family account is such a great set up. I can share passwords with my wife so we can both login to our shared things.
  • The interface is sometimes a little confusing. They recently changed it but it made usability a little slower. There's an extra click now and some new categories I'm not used to yet.
Everyone should use this. You won't realize how important it is until you have your email hacked.

1Password Scorecard Summary