AgileBits in Toronto offers 1Password, a password manager available to both private individuals and businesses, touting a unique approach to multi-factor authentication to improve security.Secure password storage is a requirement in our day, 1Password is the best app for it.1Password is used by my whole team to securely store and share passwords to our various online accounts, as well as capture secure information that we need to share across the company. It is also used to help transfer and communicate credentials to online accounts to and from our clients. This allows us to have unique and strong passwords for all our accounts (approximately 3000 different credentials), without having to keep hard copies, and ensuring that they are in a secure location.,Create strong passwords: with a single click, 1password can create, store, and auto-fill password fields when new accounts are created. You can customize character options for those useless "security measures" put in place by some programmers that require (or alternatively, do not allow) capital letters, numerals, and special characters. Securely sharing passwords: through encrypted sharing methods or inviting to a team vault, you can easily share one or many credentials with clients and team members. Securely storing payment info: using the same secure encryption methods, you can also store an autofill payment methods (credit cards, etc) for one-click use on ecommerce sites.,Price: 1Password is the best app in the industry for this functionality, and as such, the price tag is also among the highest. Browser extensions: this may be more of a function of constantly shifting browser technology, but at times the auto-fill functionality can feel glitchy, leading to confusion,10,Time saving: it is very simple to securely create, store, and share passwords across the team and with clients Brain-space-saving! I don't ever have to think about passwords anymore. Risk-mitigation - Account compromising and identity theft becomes a near non-factor, and it is simple to change out passwords for services that have been compromised at the their company level, rather than our account level.,LastPass,Toggl, draw.io, Apple iCloud1Password is the industry standard for a reason1Password is being used across my entire organization, in conjunction with LastPass, though 1Password is absolutely our tool of choice. As a small team of Implementation Engineers, we are often given access to customers' CRM Sandbox and Production instances, and all of us may need access to one of said instances at some point. With that said, we are able to use a shared vault in 1Password so that we can share these credentials without bugging each other.,Integrates with every browser I use seamlessly. It works flawlessly in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. It can also sync between computers easily using dropbox or other similar applications It is lightweight and does not have a huge memory footprint It is extremely responsive to password / log in inputs in ways that other, free applications like LastPass or OnePass absolutely are not,The price is relatively exorbitant for your average user. I confess that I am using it based on a free license I got from working at Apple several years back; even loving this software as much as I do, $50 for a single license is a steep ask, especially in today's world of free applications The interface has not been updated in quite a while. Not that it is bad, per se, and is very utilitarian, but a small facelift would be nice,10,Reduced the number of licenses we have had to buy, as we are able to share log ins for certain sites, like Udemy. I honestly don't know if there is a per-user license cost when using the business plan but I don't believe so. The return on investment has been high. No negative impact aside from the initial investment, to my knowledge.,LastPass,Slack, JIRA Service Desk, BitbucketPeace of Mind for Me and My ClientsAs a digital marketing consultant for many different companies I have many, many, many passwords that I use on a regular basis for each of these businesses. 1Password enables me to keep my clients passwords at my fingertips no matter what device I am on, separate from each other and organized by client, and most importantly, SECURE.,Syncs across multiple devices, so no matter what device you are on you have your passwords readily available. Enables you to easily organize your passwords however you would like! Accurately detects when you create a new password on a site you have a previously saved password for.,Occasionally the auto-fill function malfunctions. It seems to be device specific, it only happens on my laptop. I have not been able to figure out how to fix it.,10,1Password has enable me to give my clients piece of mind that their passwords are secure which has enabled me to do more business with them.,Keeper,MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, Buffer1Password has simplified our livesAs a person responsible for managing many of our third-party vendors and their dashboards/logins, 1Password has made this incredibly easy. Sharing access to others in our company is very convenient using 1Password. It is not used across our entire company, but it is being used across multiple teams in my department.,1Password is very easy to use. There isn'y really any learning curve when we get a new team member familiar with using it. We use 1Password across many teams without any issue. We have many users that use 1Password every day for work and it has greatly eliminated the frustration of not know the login to a certain app or site. The new password generator is very helpful when sites have complicated password requirements. This leads to people forgetting passwords quite often, but 1Password solves this problem.,There have been issues where team members have made changes to passwords and it would be helpful to know when and who made these changes. The cost for our teams to use 1Password was a little steep. However, it does seem worth it for the convenience. The online support/FAQ is not the most helpful place to go for answers. I have waited very long periods of time to get responses from the support team, but this is a rare occurrence.,10,1Password has considerably decreased the amount of time myself as well as our IT staff has spent resetting or looking up passwords for users. This has saved time and money for us. I do not have any concrete proof of this, but allowing 1Password to autogenerate complex passwords for our users would likely increase the security of our tools and our backend. This will likely make us less susceptible to any attempts to gain access to our systems.,Basecamp, Bazaarvoice Conversations, Bazaarvoice Curations, JIRA Software, Braintree, PayPal Here, PayPal Payments, MagentoMy password solution1Password has been a great asset to our organization since it helps us organize all of our sensitive information like passwords, logins, credit cards and even annotations. Also, since it’s specialized in security, it enables us to create and maintain really secure passwords. We’re able to create vaults for each team, which is a better way to organize all of that information between different teams.,Generates secure passwords Great integration with browsers Vaults to better organize information Cloud syncing to enable the use of multiple devices,Windows support Better integration with other iOS apps A Portuguese translation,10,We save time on finding services login information It’s much easier to share that kind of information It requires the use of Mac to access that information,LastPass,Sequel Pro, Microsoft Visual Studio Team System, Apple iCloud
1Password

1Password Reviews

1Password
Filter 24 vetted 1Password reviews and ratings
Matt Heerema profile photo
November 16, 2018

Review: "Secure password storage is a requirement in our day, 1Password is the best app for it."

• Create strong passwords: with a single click, 1password can create, store, and auto-fill password fields when new accounts are created. You can customize character options for those useless "security measures" put in place by some programmers that require (or alternatively, do not allow) capital letters, numerals, and special characters.
  • Securely sharing passwords: through encrypted sharing methods or inviting to a team vault, you can easily share one or many credentials with clients and team members.
  • Securely storing payment info: using the same secure encryption methods, you can also store an autofill payment methods (credit cards, etc) for one-click use on ecommerce sites.
  • Price: 1Password is the best app in the industry for this functionality, and as such, the price tag is also among the highest.
  • Browser extensions: this may be more of a function of constantly shifting browser technology, but at times the auto-fill functionality can feel glitchy, leading to confusion
Unique, strong passwords are a requirement in this era of ubiquitous and automated hacking. You should never use a password fewer than 12 characters that you can remember, and never use passwords that contain any remotely personal information. I see weak passwords from clients constantly, primarily because of the problem of remembering all your passwords. 1Password eliminates this issue. Create a single, strong, memorable password for the app, and the app does the job of creating unique and impossible-to-guess passwords for all your online accounts. Everyone needs an app like 1Password.
Read Matt Heerema's full review
Anthony Kelly profile photo
May 22, 2018

Review: "1Password is the industry standard for a reason"

• Integrates with every browser I use seamlessly. It works flawlessly in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome. It can also sync between computers easily using dropbox or other similar applications
  • It is lightweight and does not have a huge memory footprint
  • It is extremely responsive to password / log in inputs in ways that other, free applications like LastPass or OnePass absolutely are not
  • The price is relatively exorbitant for your average user. I confess that I am using it based on a free license I got from working at Apple several years back; even loving this software as much as I do, $50 for a single license is a steep ask, especially in today's world of free applications
  • The interface has not been updated in quite a while. Not that it is bad, per se, and is very utilitarian, but a small facelift would be nice
Literally every human being in every single situation can use 1Password. It's well suited just for your average person who has too many passwords to manage mentally - name me one (non Ted Kaczynski type) who doesn't experience this issue daily. It's also well suited for teams as I mentioned in my previous comment in terms of collaboration.
Read Anthony Kelly's full review
Tracy Beers profile photo
September 10, 2018

1Password Review: "Peace of Mind for Me and My Clients"

• Syncs across multiple devices, so no matter what device you are on you have your passwords readily available.
  • Enables you to easily organize your passwords however you would like!
  • Accurately detects when you create a new password on a site you have a previously saved password for.
  • Occasionally the auto-fill function malfunctions. It seems to be device specific, it only happens on my laptop. I have not been able to figure out how to fix it.
It is well suited for anyone who has many passwords to manage.
Read Tracy Beers's full review
November 01, 2018

User Review: "1Password has simplified our lives"

• 1Password is very easy to use. There isn'y really any learning curve when we get a new team member familiar with using it.
  • We use 1Password across many teams without any issue. We have many users that use 1Password every day for work and it has greatly eliminated the frustration of not know the login to a certain app or site.
  • The new password generator is very helpful when sites have complicated password requirements. This leads to people forgetting passwords quite often, but 1Password solves this problem.
  • There have been issues where team members have made changes to passwords and it would be helpful to know when and who made these changes.
  • The cost for our teams to use 1Password was a little steep. However, it does seem worth it for the convenience.
  • The online support/FAQ is not the most helpful place to go for answers. I have waited very long periods of time to get responses from the support team, but this is a rare occurrence.
1Password is perfect for many of the users on our teams. As we continue to add new tools from vendors and add new users to these tools, the amount of log-ins can get to be a huge hassle to manage. 1Password has really simplified the management of all of these passwords.

There isn't really a scenario that we have run into where 1Password wouldn't be well suited, but if for some reason you only ever had one login and one password to manage, 1Password may be overkill.
June 21, 2018

1Password Review: "My password solution"

• Generates secure passwords
  • Great integration with browsers
  • Vaults to better organize information
  • Cloud syncing to enable the use of multiple devices
  • Windows support
  • Better integration with other iOS apps
  • A Portuguese translation
It’s great to store logins and sensitive information like credit cards and notes. I think it’s less appropriate for mobile applications, since the process of opening 1Password app, finding the information, copying it then pasting, is not that straightforward.
July 13, 2018

Review: "1Password is amazing and will make your internet usage much safer"

We don't use 1Password for our organization but I do use it personally for my family.
  • I am such a big fan of 1Password. Aside from storing all passwords and making me generally safer from identity theft, I love their protection features.
  • I use 1Password for generating really strong strings of passwords. I also use it for storing vital information that my wife will never remember.
  • The family account is such a great set up. I can share passwords with my wife so we can both login to our shared things.
  • The interface is sometimes a little confusing. They recently changed it but it made usability a little slower. There's an extra click now and some new categories I'm not used to yet.
Everyone should use this. You won't realize how important it is until you have your email hacked.
Nathan Sichilongo profile photo
April 11, 2018

User Review: "1Password to Rule them All!"

We are using 1password to manage our different accounts across various social media platforms and business accounts. A lot of what we do is web-based and as a result, we share and use a lot of usernames and passwords to access and share information. 1Password makes this process easier for us as a company as we can easily share passwords without having to manually copy and paste them. It also improves our security with only one master password being held by the IT manager. Users can easily access the right passwords without those passwords being revealed adding to our overall security.
  • 1Password's integration with services like Dropbox means that our passwords are backed up to our own accounts allowing us to set up as we go, instead of having overhead costs.
  • 1Password's real-time sync means that when a user has updated a shared password, everyone who has access to that password gets the changes right away
  • 1Password for Business allows us to see how often users use specific logins and revoke and grant access on the fly eliminating the need to remember and share passwords and also saving time!
  • The starting price for teams can be pricey if you are not prepared for the costs. If you want the best features, you have to pay for them.
  • Setting up the integration with Dropbox requires a bit of tech know how. It is not rocket science but the average person will be a bit confused if they do not have IT knowledge. This alone is the biggest challenge to using it
1Password is great for individual and smaller teams. If you have a large team of users, you may want to try another solution which gives you free usage to test. The best case scenario is smaller departments like marketing or accounts that may need to share passwords and have mobile devices that can sync with 1password.
Read Nathan Sichilongo's full review
Eliz Marvic Melicio Carvajal profile photo
May 03, 2018

"1Password Review"

Both personally and in the company we use it in Mac, Windows, and Android environments. We have been using it for more than a year. It is easy to use. It is ideal to have all the safe usernames and passwords in one location, the connection with all our computers is optimal; it has security copies and updates it for all our equipment.
  • Easy to use, safe and affordable.
  • Synchronization on all my Apple devices - cloud support - integration of multiple browsers - support for credit cards
  • Fill in the login forms - Synchronization via Dropbox on the desktop and the smartphone Multi "vaults" for mixed professional and private use. Manage several logins for the same site.
  • The fact that you have a password generator is ideal for those cases where complex passwords are required in certain applications.
  • When a high number of passwords are handled it becomes a little complicated, it is necessary to review them all to label or classify them.
  • You can improve the entry data by storing password expiration and showing the history of password changes.
  • You can improve the support part, if you want to locate something you should check among thousands of questions to detect which one you are looking for.
  • Sometimes it is necessary to view the history of password changes and the app does not have that available.
  • They should improve the integration in online banking applications, in many cases it is very slow or a bit clumsy.
Read Eliz Marvic Melicio Carvajal's full review
Andersen Yu profile photo
May 01, 2018

Review: "1Password the flexible password security platform made for business teams"

1Password is being used across our entire organization both on an individual level and on a team level. For individuals, we use it to store our individual login credentials for the tools that we use. For teams, we use it to store the credentials for software the team leverages every once in a while that doesn't warrant needing individual logins for each person. 1Password also allows you to store 2FA credentials, which really makes it a one-stop shop for all your login needs.
  • Easy Set-up
  • Accessible across mobile, browser, and desktop
  • Great security
  • I can't think of anything
Well suited: Storing individual password, team passwords.

Less well suited: Can't think of anything.
Read Andersen Yu's full review
Andrea Carboni profile photo
May 10, 2018

1Password Review: "Become responsible with passwords by using this software"

It is being used to store and share password securely. It solves the business problem to manage the users' access to different services. It also stops us from having to share passwords on Slack.
  • Ease of access
  • Watchtower for mac users
  • User management
  • Sense of security ie single point of failure
  • Watchtower for windows users
Well suited to orgs that use lots of third party providers.
Read Andrea Carboni's full review