Likelihood to Recommend
Pre-employment screenings for DOT regulated drivers is still a challenge and doesn't take advantage of the online ordering options that HireRight can offer for other roles (though the DOT is equally to blame for this). HireRight really shines when we are screening individuals for roles not regulated by the DOT, or when we are using their batch upload option to process large numbers of requests at once (e.g. random drug screenings, Annual MVR pulls). In these areas, it has saved us a huge amount of time that would have otherwise been wasted on repetitive, administrative tasks.
- Once the candidate’s email is entered online on the HireRight site, an email is automatically delivered to the job candidate asking them to provide their applicable background information so the check can be initated. An email is sent to the company once the results of the check comes back.
- You can login to the website at anytime to see what the status of the background check is.
- You have the ability to obtain current and past invoices online via the website, making budget tracking that much easier.
- Customer service, as the lowest level doesn't always seem to have the same or similar responses. Some will say they can do certain things and some will say they cannot.
- Account management for one particular client was terrible. Anytime we asked for her assistant she referred us to the customer service email. This client paid for the account manager and there was no value-add for having her.
- Mistakes were often made with international education checks. Often times we had to collect our own information or documents. Many times I noticed incorrect phone numbers being reached out to.
Team Lead in Human ResourcesHuman Resources Company, 1001-5000 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 1 answer
Based on 5 answers
There are various ways you are able to call HireRight. They do have busy times and so the live chat is helpful because you are able to leave the chat open until an agent is available (and do work than being tied to a phone).
We have used 2 or 3 other background check companies and I like HireRight because they are the easiest to get in touch with someone when any help is needed. The website is user friendly and you can easily check what is pending, what is completed, etc., across users. They are also much faster than the previous companies we worked with.
Return on Investment
- We have lost clients because of incorrect or inaccurate reporting. I would like some of the results (MVR) to be uniform so you don't have to guess which is a permit and which is not.
- During the busy season, they have helped on MVR turnaround times so we can get the candidate in the next day.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?