<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>
<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener noreferrer'>trScore algorithm: Learn more.</a>Score 8.7 out of 101
Based on 27 reviews and ratings
Likelihood to Recommend
Litmus is very well suited to teams who are trying to do multiple device tests and up their email quality. Litmus points out in a very clear way the issues with the text of an email. This is incredibly useful when trying to modernize marketing programs. The ROI on email averages 39%. When teams use Litmus reporting to improve that ROI on email grows to 45%.
Feature Rating Comparison
WYSIWYG email editor
Ability to test dynamic content
- Email rendering, of course! That is definitely their number one asset, and the thing they do best. While I have only the spam testing feature, the device rendering tool is incredibly invaluable. Imagine having to send an email to yourself (or a list of all your hundreds of email addresses and setting them up....) and checking it not on just your Mac and iPhone, but on your PC, your Android, your iPad, your Android tablet, your older PC with Outlook 2007, checking Samsung Mail on your Android, Google Inbox on your phone, Office 365, AOL.com, Hotmail on your various devices.... my head is spinning! Litmus takes away every bit of that annoyance and lets you view the rendering in one simple location.
- Litmus also offers great webinars to help email marketers with strategy (seriously, stop spamming people - it does more harm than you can see at face value), with email development (they won't teach you how to code but will teach you how to use the tools to their full potential), and with content that provides a holistic view of email marketing as a whole. These reports offer up real, hard data and include general trends that help email marketers understand what works, what doesn't, and where they need to go with it.
- The whole email testing experience with Litmus is a breeze. It's so easy to get started and understand, it almost feels like you're doing something wrong. I love having the history of past tests too, in case I want to compare various results.
- Pre-header text: This doesn't work well all the time, many times we have trouble adding localized pre-header text to emails, and we have to add those as comments instead for language approval.
- Notifications: We get those via email for every single new comment or implementation, and they stack up on Gmail, which isn't an easy read. Push notifications per project would be more reasonable in my opinion.
- Dynamic fields: They don't work too well when localization kicks in. For instance, in English, "Hi there" is often handed to native speakers as "Olá there" or "Hola there," which is not ideal and has to be fixed in post before email launch.
Based on 1 answer
Litmus has integrations that make the software an integrated part of my work every day. Being able to test right within my email builder is just brilliant. Daily I also use the web interface to review analytics and spam testing. Overall it is one of the pieces of software I use daily without any complaints or issues.
We simply use Litmus for the email preview functionality & spam testing. We are using the tool to cut down on our production time and bring visibility to our testing. The software is essentially a proactive tool to help keep our sender reputation high. The competition may offer a better overview of our reputation score, alongside potential spam traps we may fall into.
Director in MarketingRetail Company, 10,001+ employees
Return on Investment
- Litmus is heavily utilized by the entire CRM team for each email campaign that is new or being adjusted; it has become a key part of our flow for the 5 seats we have purchased.
- I believe Litmus could offer even more value if they took some time to train on features and capabilities. I am unsure that we even have a client success manager in place. We do also have ReturnPath as an option to preview emails, and may consider switching.
- We use 15 email client renders to get a good feel for each email that we send as CRM is a core channel for the business so accuracy is extremely important especially with our ESP that requires a great deal of HTML rather than the drag and drop tool.
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?