Litmus Reviews

Samantha Brady | TrustRadius Reviewer

Litmus is the Go-To Tool for Email Accuracy

All of our email developers use Litmus.
  • Litmus gives very accurate renderings for many email devices.
  • Litmus does very quick and accurate renderings for a very large team running render links at the same time.
  • Litmus provides innovative tools such as Litmus Builder.
  • Litmus provides a very wide range of devices for renders, including a dark mode for many devices.
  • Litmus support responds very efficiently to any questions or concerns.
  • I very much like using Litmus Builder, however, I have recently had issues with it taking a very long time to load from Checklist to Builder, and also very long wait times for giving links to share with other developers.
  • I'd like to see more up-to-date devices offered for Android and Gmail for Android - such as the more recent Galaxy versions offered by Samsung.
  • It would be great to see an actual support ticket when submitting to litmus in order to more easily communicate any issues that may have developed since submitting that ticket.
Litmus is very well suited for an agency where many client renderings are needed by a large team of developers and account members in a quick and efficient manner. The accuracy of renders from Litmus in this type of setting is very impressive. I've been an email developer for over 4 years now, and Litmus is by far the most accurate tool for troubleshooting any render issues.
Litmus Proofing is by far one of the best tools in the industry for any email marketing company. Litmus has provided our team with the quickest and most accurate information on how an email will render on all devices that clients want to see. This efficiency of being able to edit the code within the same platform also allows teams to find solutions quickly and get nicely rendered emails out to clients faster.
Read Samantha Brady's full review
Aaron Kiel | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 09, 2020

Litmus Is a Must for Our Business, We Rely on It

We use Litmus on a daily basis to ensure all of the emails we design are perfect across all platforms. We're a small team, and our designers rely on Litmus every week. We couldn't do our job without Litmus when it comes to marketing emails. It's a must!
  • Helpful that we can adjust code directly in litmus.
  • Super helpful to see how the HTML will look across various devices.
We don't trust sending our emails out or providing them to a client unless the HTML is tested by Litmus.
We send out email tests to our team, but that's about it. If there are other ways we can use Litmus to collaboratively test and review, we probably need to investigate that.
Read Aaron Kiel's full review
Anmol Agrawal | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 08, 2020

Litmus is all you need for your email marketing campaign

Litmus is being used for testing and developing newsletters spread over various email clients. It is used across different departments of the same organization. The main problem it addresses is that we can have quick turnaround time by rapid bug fixing on various email clients. Also, the checklist feature helps in organizing the workflow of the email testing.
  • Checklist to help organize the workflow of newsletter development and testing
  • Reduces time taken for development
  • Sometimes it takes a lot of time to load email preview.
  • Maintaining code is difficult as it doesn't have good editor.
The ease of use, tracking, and render testing with Litmus are amazing. The cost can be a lot if you are not using every feature so in that case, it becomes difficult to afford for a small team on a budget, but it is worth it if you are looking for a large email program.

We usually send a public URL link as email proofs to the testing team to test them out and give back the review. The approval is streamlined because of this.
Read Anmol Agrawal's full review
Philip Nawrocki | TrustRadius Reviewer

Litmus Product Review

I run our email program at Lurie Children's. I use Litmus on every email I send, so it is used across the organization. I support many departments and Litmus helps to make sure our emails are rendering correctly, links work, tracking works, and now, the new accessibility review is great too. We wouldn't be able to send email without Litmus.
  • Email testing across almost all of the major email clients.
  • Builder product that lets you build and test emails in the software.
  • Analytics tracking code to see what device an email is being opened on and how long recipients are reading the email.
  • So easy to test our ESP.
  • It would be really great if their Proof product could be available on other plans.
  • It isn't the easiest to get Litmus certified.
  • Some of the navigation, once logged in, isn't as intuitive as it could be.
  • The login screen opens a new window which is a bit annoying.
Litmus should be used at any organization that is sending email.
We do not have access to Proof.
Read Philip Nawrocki's full review
Erika Vettorazzo | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 05, 2020

Perfect solution for digital marketing analysts that work with promotional emails

Litmus is being used for HTML template building and email MKT campaigns testing by our demand generation cell within the marketing area. By using it, we ensure standardization best practices for our promotional emails, the application of HTML, links, and images for all team members and focus markets. Having this tool is very important to also gain operational efficiency and minimize errors.
  • Spam testing is very detailed and points out the corrections needed for better deliverability in multiple email servers.
  • The HTML builder highlights the missing parts of the code to minimize errors and autocompletes frequently used commands.
  • Email previews anticipate how the message will appear in multiple servers to ensure the reader's good experience.
  • Provide a user-friendly, quick CSS editing options menu for text, such as bold, italic, underline, and insert URL.
Litmus is the perfect tool for Digital Marketing Analysts to build their promotional email campaigns. If they don't know how to code in HTML and CSS, they will have to request the help of a programmer. So if there was a way to build the templates without having programming skills, that might be very good for these users' independence. Being able to export the HTML code is essential for these professionals.
Read Erika Vettorazzo's full review
Schayane Beppler | TrustRadius Reviewer

I really like Litmus

Litmus is used by 3 email marketing analysts in my organization. We use it mostly for spam testing and to edit our HTML codes.
  • Spam test: It's very easy to use.
  • HTML code: Litmus has some shortcuts when writing the code that helps a lot (like when you write
  • Email marketing content: I read a lot of its content and apply it to my daily work.
  • Spam Test: What you do you do very well, but here we also use Glockapps to see if our campaign will reach the inbox of our leads. It would be great if we could do that on Litmus too.
For what I use it for, Litmus is well suited in general, but it would be very handy if it had Glockapps's inbox insights.
Read Schayane Beppler's full review
Katherine Anderson | TrustRadius Reviewer

More Litmus please!

My team mainly uses 2 features in Litmus at this time. The first is for testing email formatting in various clients. This helps us execute mobile-first designs and catch any unwanted formatting issues for our users. Secondly, we use the tracking code to learn more about the behavior of our audience. Looking at the time in email helps us measure the success of content and the optimal length of an email.
  • I LOVE the Litmus blog/podcast/resources. I am continually sharing these with members in and out of my team/department.
  • I really appreciate the integrations they offer. Though we don't use them at the moment, I feel that I have a good understanding of how it works and the value add for my emails.
  • Litmus does a great job focusing and understanding the processes behind emails and being a resource at each step.
  • The new version of Litmus has a better user experience, but I still feel that the interface could be better organized and easier to use.
  • I'd like to see more project management features to make Litmus a "one-stop-shop" for email teams.
Litmus continues to prove it is a leader in best practices. I recommend it to my colleagues often as I know that using it will automatically influence their communications for the better. The platform is designed to elevate emails, processes, and productivity. Unfortunately for my team, we are still only using Litmus in a piecemeal fashion.
We haven't used this feature yet. But there is a real need for it within my department.
Read Katherine Anderson's full review
Jean-François Galarneau | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 27, 2020

Litmus makes email-making a way of life

Litmus is used as a "check-up" tool with Litmus Proof for our all approval process within all our Marketing teams across the whole organization. We solve problems like manual transcription errors with a bulletproof review process and visualization on both desktop and mobile versions which was time-consumming without this tool.
  • Spam test: ESP services doesn't provide as complete a report with details as Litmus does. This has helped us with delivery issues.
  • Fast email client inbox rendering tests: I have benchmarked Litmus against email-on-acid, and Litmus won as the fastest at rendering all client inbox really quickly.
  • Checklists and general interface of Proof: easy to send/manage multiple tests at the same time and checklist made our process bulletproof and seamless.
  • Time spent reading in analytics: our managing team finds it really useful to know if an email is actually read and the percentage of the device usage.
  • No sharing options for spam tests (no details are shown)
  • Litmus Builder and Proof cannot be synchronized with Adobe Campaign
  • Analytics bugs after 1 million views of a single campaign
Litmus is best suited for tests, validation, and checklist.
It is less appropriate for building/synchronizing with ESP, synchronizing with the task management system (Asana).
Yes, this is the most useful feature for us now and we use Proof for every campaign we send out now.
As the developer, I am the only one using the task list for now but looking forward to extending this throughout the team.
Read Jean-François Galarneau's full review
Taber Dean | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 26, 2020

Litmus - cooler than those little paper slips you used in high school chemistry!

I use Litmus in our email channel department to review, provide feedback, and approve custom HTML emails. It allows me to not only have a preview of the email in a more user-friendly format than would be available in our marketing automation platform but I can circulate it to my other marketing partners who don't have access to our automation platform. The ability to assign tasks and manage changes is helpful. The tracking functionality is a great bonus and provides useful insights to our user's email habits and preferences.
  • Proofing - Litmus gives a clean look at what your emails will really look like before hitting the activate button. Some might say this takes the "thrill and mystery" out of email marketing. It's worth it to know your customers will actually make sense of what you are sending them.
  • Review management - Litmus review makes the project management process pleasant and productive.
  • Analytics - Putting to bed the age-old question of "is it really a mobile-first world now?" once and for all... at least until the next email you send! In all seriousness, seeing real analytics on your own user-base is more powerful than any study will ever be even if it isn't a straight-forward answer and one that changes over time. Know is half the battle and Litmus makes that possible.
  • Comments pop-up can be too jumpy - clicking on a proof shouldn't automatically create a comment window. It can be a bit spastic.
Litmus works really well when in a team situation where all members don't have access to the marketing automation platform. It allows those team members to preview the email and provide feedback without the tedious task of sending test after test. Additionally, where you have customer coded emails, this gives you the peace of mind to know your message looks just as awesome as you coded it to be and not a hot mess when it hits Outlook.
In my role, the testing, review, and approval features are most impactful. Litmus allows me to streamline the proofing process, assign tasks where necessary, and with the appropriate parties and follow-up accordingly. Having this functionality overlayed with the actual email proof makes the process far more efficient and pleasant. Go Litmus!
Read Taber Dean's full review
Tim Womble | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 15, 2020

We LOVE Litmus! Can not recommend it more highly!

Litmus has changed our email program workflow tremendously. We’ve seen a great increase in productivity since we adopted it nearly two years ago now. Our higher up executives are able to make quick edits and revisions in a way that they feel comfortable with and in a way that doesn’t require a lot of hand-holding. It has been an absolute game-changer for our organization.
  • Ease of use
  • Quick adoptability
  • Access to account representatives
  • User interface can have many issues.
  • Communication before changing or adding features needs to be improved.
  • Cost can be a lot if you are not using every feature.
Litmus is amazing for large email programs looking to get many eyes on approvals, or for email programs that would benefit from a nice HTML builder. It would not be a wise buy or use of capital for smaller companies that are looking to minimize mistakes. It would be like driving a Ferrari when a golf cart could probably do.
Our organization has 20-30 sub-organizations each with their own email representatives and opinions. Proof has enabled us to streamline and improve this process by creating users and groups for the various sub-organizations as needed. It is something that, at this point, we honestly could never imagine not using. It has revolutionized our email program workflow at the proofing stage.
Read Tim Womble's full review
Frank Velazquez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Litmus: It's a must!

We use Litmus mainly to get the rich email analytics tracking and to test that each of our communications looks perfect in every platform. We love the tracking code it has as it is far superior to what we get through Salesforce normally. We send our emails through the Marketing cloud due to better integration with Salesforce but we build them, test them, and track them with Litmus. Also, Litmus' newsletter and resources are of great help to keep our communications updated and up to date with the latest trends.
  • Great tracking and analytics
  • Superior ISP rendering testing
  • Great email builder
  • Better CRM integration with Salesforce
  • Better reminders to make you save your work
I've used other email builders in the past and so far Litmus is superior. The ease of use, the tracking, and render testing for different providers Litmus uses are on another level.
We haven't used this feature much since the email team is small and in close proximity. We will be using these features more as time passes by.
Read Frank Velazquez's full review
Jonathan Chandler Heida | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 11, 2020

Litmus...a must have for any email marketer.

We use Litmus on a daily basis. Initially we sought their tool out because we needed a way to check how our emails were rendering across various email clients, but it quickly became so much more than that. The tool offers advanced analytics that tell us how long recipients had our email open for, their geolocation at time of open, what type of device they were using and even the version/operating system! The checklist, spam checker, approval tool (currently called Proof) and other features have become staples of our email marketing program and we use Litmus on every. single. email. that we send.
  • They genuinely care. Their account and support team is caring and empathetic, while also letting their personalities shine.
  • They're the absolute leader in the industry. Sure they have the tool you can pay for, but they also have a damn impressive library of help articles, free templates, blog posts and webinars they offer to the entire email community.
  • The conference that they put on is second to none. It is by the people, for the people. They don't have sponsors, so the content from the speakers is truly community sourced and driven.
  • The tool is constantly being updated. New email clients, new versions of email clients (dark mode!), new capabilities, and regular enhancements ensure my team always has the most up to date resources.
  • I don't hear from our Account Exec very much other than when it's time to renew or we ask for some training, but anytime I have questions their support team or CSM's are always ready.
  • Their integration with our ESP (SFMC) is good for rendering tests, but I'd love for the advanced analytics to be available inside the ESP also.
Litmus should be top of mind of every email marketer. Their tool is second to none, and is continually being updated to ensure it's always exceeding our needs. They have all levels of plans (including free!), and separate from their tool, they have tons of blog posts, webinars, articles and community forum posts where email marketers of all levels can find tips and tricks to execute their email campaigns flawlessly.
We already have an internal collaboration tool to track revisions made to our assets that's tied to our project management tool, and we won't be able to incorporate Litmus Proof until we switch project management systems. Proof is so focused on email, that it solves all of our pain points when reviewing, revising and ultimately approving our content. When we switch project management tools, one thing I'll be sure to introduce alongside the new tool is Litmus Proof.
Read Jonathan Chandler Heida's full review
dre greppi | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 06, 2020

Litmus is a great tool to quickly test and review our email marketing creative.

Our creative team comprises more than half of our organization, and uses Litmus to quality-check and AB test html layouts created in-house for our various client's email marketing campaigns. Using Litmus as a tool in our workflow has given us the ability to address potential rendering issues that could otherwise have derailed, or at the very least held up project timelines, which of course ultimately benefits our clients.
  • Being able to use real-time cross platform renderings of emails in different browsers to address potential issues or optimize our coding is a tremendous benefit.
  • When stumped with a coding issue, the Litmus blog/FAQ usually has the right answer to address our problem and help fix it.
  • The ability to share cross-browser testing results has helped communicate rendering issues to account managers and clients, which in turn lead to faster solutions on both the creative and client side.
  • Oftentimes I'm not able to get a live refresh of rendering while adjusting code within the site/app. It would be nice to have a more optimized real time viewer for minor coding edits, as opposed to making the edits to the code in a separate document, and then re-importing it into the Litmus campaign tester.
As an agency that prides itself on keeping most everything in-house, our use of Litmus is a crucial part of our pipeline whenever we provide html email services to our clients. It's an imperative part of the process, as important as say, spell-checking a copy document before emailing to client. It's a failsafe that helps us maintain quality standards of the work we provide to our clients each and every day.
As stated previously, the ability to share test results and collaboratively review our campaigns across platforms saves a lot of time and helps to define our strategy internally and with the client. Litmus' proof feature is our primary use of the service and acts as a failsafe before we send any email marketing creative for review.
Read dre greppi's full review
Adriana Manole | TrustRadius Reviewer

Beginners Litmus

It's being used across our organization, in my Email Marketing team we use it a lot for analytics and spam testing, but also to build emails.
  • You can check if your email will end up in spam, and most important: what you can update in order to avoid getting there.
  • You can get clear results on your campaigns, on reading time, opens, even location.
  • You can compare your campaigns, and see what went better.
  • I would like to see more filters in the reporting part.
  • I would like to be able to see reports by region.
I love that I downloaded the app and I can use it directly in my email platform! You can run tests directly on your desktop, or run a checklist directly in your email service provider.
Read Adriana Manole's full review
Mike Dugo | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 06, 2020

Litmus accommodates all our email testing needs

We're currently using Litmus primarily as a rendering tool to gauge how our HTML-coded emails display across the most popular email clients. The developers use it to QA their work before sending it to QC for a full and thorough review. The developers also use it to build HTML and make quick updates to their code. Post QC, team members who load the HTML into our platform system also use Litmus to confirm that any HTML updates haven't negatively affected rendering.
  • Litmus does a great job evolving--starting as a rendering tool and now offering a full A-to-Z coding process.
  • Litmus stays very in tune with evolving customer needs, by offering additions like accessibility checks.
  • Litmus positions themselves as industry leaders by publishing blogs, offering numerous webinars featuring industry hot topics, and spearheading their Litmus Live sessions, which offer up-to-the-minute tips and topics that are valued by all email marketers.
  • Sometimes, Litmus is delayed in rolling out current device or OS updates.
  • Sometimes, the speed in which previews are generated lags.
Litmus' offerings are very well suited for all email marketers needing to confirm consistent rendering across a multitude of email clients, operating systems, and device combinations. It's very easy and intuitive to use and more recent upgrades have provided increased value to HTML coders.
Read Mike Dugo's full review
Andrew Fillmore | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 05, 2020

Using Litmus for checklist previews at a non-profit

We use Litmus at Movember for testing and QAing our global email marketing campaigns. We use the Checklist feature specifically to preview how each of our email campaigns will appear across different user devices. This addresses the problem of having to manually test each email on different browsers or devices.
  • Email previews
  • Loading speed
  • Recent redesigns have made Litmus a bit harder to use and a little less user-friendly for users who are only currently utilizing one of the features (i.e. Checklist).
Rating it a 9 because the Checklist functionality is great, but I haven't had the opportunity or need to use many of the other Litmus features just yet for Movember.
Read Andrew Fillmore's full review
June 05, 2020

Streamline your email development process with Litmus

Compassion International uses Litmus for their bulk email testing. We have an email list of over 600,000 constituents and send tens of millions of emails every year. Litmus is utilized by both the marketing department and our digital production department who are responsible for sending bulk email. We have a diverse audience that utilizes the majority of email clients on the market. Litmus provides the most robust testing environment, we're currently testing our emails in over 70 different email clients. We also utilize Litmus' analytics to measure the engagement and to better understand the technical demographics of our audience.
  • Offers email previews in over 90 email clients.
  • Robust coding environment that streamlines email coding.
  • Strong analytics that give us insights on what email clients our audience is using.
  • Built in CSS in-liner.
  • Previews can be slow to load.
  • Could have more integrations.
After using some other email testing services, I've found Litmus to be the most robust tool with the most features. Beyond providing a good product, they provide excellent support, maintain an involved community of email marketing professionals, and provide industry-leading information in their blog and free webinars. Litmus is best suited for organizations needing to efficiently turn custom coded email campaigns or companies that have many different email templates. If your organization is only sending a monthly newsletter and your template is well tested, Litmus may be overkill for your needs.
We currently have a routing process that is outside of Litmus for reviewing and approving our emails. However, I believe we can improve our process by using the tools that are already built into Litmus. We will be testing campaigns of different sizes with Litmus Proof and comparing it to our current in-house routing process. I anticipate Proof will bring further time savings to our organization.

Litmus is legit

Litmus is used across my department, from production to management. We rely on Litmus to make sure our email templates render correctly across a vast array of inboxes. Litmus Checklist instills in me the confidence that my carefully crafted message will be received as intended. Litmus Proof makes it easier to get stakeholders to collaborate on one document. It streamlines the often painful process of having a project reviewed and approved.
  • Inbox renders are the prime reason I use Litmus, I am confident they represent reality.
  • Litmus helps legitimize the struggles of every email developer.
  • Litmus makes it very easy to share results, whether they are inbox renders or email analytics, with my entire team.
  • I'd like to see more integrations, what I've seen looks great!
  • Proof share links should not expire after 30 days. Some time the approval process takes longer than a month!
  • Some choices in Spam Scores.
Litmus is perfect for helping make rock-solid email templates that can stand the test of time, and the whims of marketers. From conception to approval, it can all be done in Litmus. Litmus is less appropriate for the daily grind of production work. It has been difficult to incorporate into the breakneck speed of a healthy production environment.
We've used Proof to streamline the approval process, by having all stakeholders in a central location with a solid visual representation of an email template is a huge time saver. Having a history of revisions and approvals produces a grand paper trail, for posterity.
May 15, 2020

Litmus is tried and true for email developers + marketers

The Marketing CRM team uses Litmus as part of our QA process for every email campaign and new email template we deploy. We use the tool to test email responsiveness and rendering among commonly used devices, browsers, and email providers. It's a very powerful tool that we use over the email rendering service integrated into our current ESP. We've also recently adopted the proofing tool within our QA process to have stakeholders review content, share feedback, and provide approvals.
  • Email rendering across the most popular devices, email providers, and platforms.
  • Community-driven email development support.
  • Up-to-date tips and tricks for email marketers and developers.
  • Essential articles to keep email marketers and developers abreast of the evolving email trends and best practices.
  • Streamlined navigation within the Checklist tab.
  • Ability to access the Litmus Community blog and user-generated questions from the Litmus Dashboard.
  • Recommended clients for international users.
Among its competitors, Litmus is easy to use and provides a wealth of features that my team is still discovering and learning to use. It's very easy to get onboarded and start testing emails right away. Their rendering tool is my most-trusted for cross-browser testing. As an email developer, I feel confident using this tool when building out new templates and experimenting with new code.
We only recently started using Litmus Proof after our Account Manager reached out and scheduled a chat with our team to learn more about our use of the tool and some features we weren't aware of. It has been integral to streamlining email review and approvals with stakeholders who aren't on our team and wouldn't have logins of their own. We have also used it internally to review new templates and touch points. As an email developer, it provides a seamless way to review comments from reviewers and implement updates.
June 19, 2020

Email professionals can't work without Litmus

We test how emails look in different email clients and use analytics for insights and decision making on what method to use for building emails. Through partials and templates you're able to put everything in Litmus.
  • Stable product.
  • Fast test rendering.
  • User-friendly design.
  • Inform users and the email community.
  • A standalone screenshot and analytics account would be nice.
  • In Builder ask first in which clients the test should be rendered.
  • Email Client Market Share segmented on country.
Our organisation uses Litmus mainly for rendering tests of emails and how they look in different email clients.
June 05, 2020

How Litmus is helping us!

Litmus is being used by the Email Marketing team. It helps us when it comes to creating HTML templates, testing in different email clients, and conducting spam tests. Litmus helps a lot to avoid inbox problems.
  • Spam tests: Litmus shows us the potential email servers where we could be categorized as spam.
  • HTML: The builder shows us problems on HTML code and helps to organize the email templates.
  • Email previews: it shows us possible problems with different email clients.
  • Spam results could been shown with more details.
  • Two-step verification could be asked with less frequency (today it's being asked at every login).
  • Spam results tests could be categorized.
Litmus works well when it comes to design, but when we look to spam tests, despite being very helpful, it has a lot to improve. It would be amazing with strong spam test features.
June 05, 2020

A great tool for testing email

We use Litmus to test marketing emails across clients. It's important to ensure brand consistency across devices, and Litmus helps us do that.
  • Browser testing
  • Email send checklists
  • Email previews
  • Email client documentation
Email testing is crucial, especially when the range of clients is so varied and don't all handle HTML the same way. Litmus does a great job of laying out all of our relevant browsers, so we can accurately diagnose the appearance and functionality.
Seeing all the previews in a central place helps us catch any issues, communicate to stakeholders, and find a resolution quicker.

Testing Made Easy on Litmus

Litmus is being used at a department level. It helps examine the deliverability and accessibility of emails in between browsers. Sometimes, when test emails do not send, we use Litmus to build the email in HTML to send it around for approvals. It fits a niche need and is a solution for it.
  • Design
  • Comparison
  • User-accessibility
  • Onboarding
  • Community
  • Tech-help
Litmus is particularly well-suited for specific scenarios where there are email tests or a desire for tracking emails by browser, etc. This colleague would need to have that need in order for me to recommend Litmus. That said, it is a very useful product and performs well for the tasks it does.
June 05, 2020

Create a flawless email with Litmus!

Litmus is being used in Tangerine by Developers and Software testers. It is used to check the emails in development on various desktop and mobile clients. Also, we use it to test on various mail platforms like Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail, etc. Testing team use it for all new developments to be tested in different browsers.
  • Browser testing is possible on Litmus.
  • Mobile testing can be done on various devices and modes.
  • Issues like cropping of images and content can be captured
  • Emails in development can be tested efficiently on different platforms before sending to production.
  • It could be better if links can be tested in Litmus.
  • Functionalities cannot be tested on Litmus.
  • Litmus is restricted to test display: UI only.
Litmus is well suited to do mobile and browser testing.
Litmus is perfect to test emails.
Litmus is not appropriate to test functionalities and any CTAs.
As a tester, I am using a checklist to drive my testing and enter issues accordingly. As a team, we review and solve the issues for the required fixes.
  • in-person training
I am a very satisfied customer hence giving this rating to Litmus. It helps in keeping my work flawless.
Yes - It went smooth overall.
June 05, 2020

Litmus: A must-have tool for email marketers and developers

Litmus is currently being used by our Digital Marketing team to test how emails will render on various emails clients across multiple platforms, and for their robust email analytics to gain insight about our subscriber base.
  • Accurate testing on all major email clients, which allows us to present our brand professionally wherever users may be reading our emails.
  • In-depth analytics (how much users read and which clients your users are reading on) let us know what users think of our content.
  • Litmus has a forward-thinking approach, always adding new features and tools to make the email development process more efficient.
  • It would be great to track clicks through Litmus' analytics tools. It just seems like a natural fit for Litmus.
  • The middle-tier plan should allow you to integrate with your ESP. Currently only the top-tier plan offers this.
  • It would be great to see an online markup tool (i.e. you could highlight text, place comments on top of the design, or draw circles around sections) instead of just commenting.
Litmus is the best tool on the market for email testing and in-depth email analytics. Since there are currently no standards across email clients, Litmus is the best tool to see how your emails will render on various email clients. Litmus analytics also offers reliable insight into which email clients your readers are using, so you don't have to waste time (sometimes hours) fixing a layout issue for email clients that your readers do not use.
We have not used Litmus Proof feature to gather feedback, but have considered it. Currently, only those responsible for email development in our organization are Litmus users.

WYSIWYG email editor (11)
6.2
Dynamic content (6)
5.8
Ability to test dynamic content (40)
5.7
Landing pages (3)
5.2
A/B testing (4)
4.9
Mobile optimization (67)
Email deliverability reporting (53)
List management (2)
2.5
Triggered drip sequences (1)
Dashboards (11)
Standard reports (52)
Custom reports (33)
6.3

About Litmus

Litmus Software in Cambridge, MA offers their email marketing solution Litmus, supporting email campaign building and best practice checklists, spam testing and resolution, proofing and feedback sharing, and email analytics. Litmus is designed to automate several processes for marketers to save time and maximize efficiency.

Litmus's key capabilities support campaign development, reviews, pre-send testing, and analytics. It also has tailored solutions for enterprise-size accounts, and is designed to integrate with multiple third-party tools.