What users are saying about
Likelihood to Recommend
Mad Mimi is great for someone who wants a very simple user interface for sending out basic, yet professional, emails. Perfect for the beginning business owner. It's full-featured, yet easy to use. It's free for a good number of contacts. There are free and low-cost features that enhance the functionality. Plus, when you go beyond the free plan, it's one of the lowest cost pro plans around. On the downside, there are other email tools that are more sophisticated with built-in templates.
Feature Rating Comparison
WYSIWYG email editor
Ability to test dynamic content
Triggered drip sequences
- I've been on the free plan for years and it has suited me very well. It's reliable and has all the core features I need at the moment. Considering how all the online tools can add up, this is right for my business.
- Mad Mimi has a super-simple interface, and it's drag and drop, so I don't have to spend a lot of time designing each email. Although you can customize with your logo and colors.
- There are several free add-ons, which allow for a limited amount of automation. I would recommend taking advantage of the RSS feed, webform, and drip campaign features.
- You can segment your list into as many groups as you like, which makes for more effective email marketing.
- Although you can customize your newsletter with logo and colors, there's basically only one format. That's good and bad. On one hand, it keeps things very simple. On the other hand, it isn't that flexible if you want a different design.
- Other tools have built-in templates for various types of emails -- news, sales, etc. Would be nice to have those on MM.
- Other tools make it easier to set up drip campaigns.
- Other tools have more sophisticated features, like integration with an e-commerce platform to remarket to visitors who have left.
- It's difficult to resend an email to unopened ones.
Likelihood to Renew
Based on 5 answers
Depending on the budget I might decide to move to another tool in the future. I'm looking to utilize more features and get better data reporting in the future in order to enable growth for the company
Employee in MarketingInformation Technology and Services Company, 11-50 employees
Based on 1 answer
When I started using Mad Mimi several years ago, it offered a decent feature set at a lower price. For my business, I switched to AWeber first and then to ActiveCampaign for more advanced e-commerce integrations. For my trade association, I recently moved to MailChimp because of better features and integrations.
Return on Investment
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?