Mad Mimi is simple email marketing targeted at SMBs, designed to be intuitive and straightforward. It was acquired by GoDaddy in August 2014 to expand their small business support offerings.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/AC/uB/1SPT81MIWV1Q.PNGStop Procrastinating. Get Those Newsletters Out with Mad Mimi.I'm a solopreneur, and I use Mad Mimi about once a month to send newsletters promoting my marketing workshops and blog posts. I also use their embeddable form to automate the collection of email addresses on my website. It enables me to segment my list and lets users select which emails they would like to receive.,I've been on the free plan for years and it has suited me very well. It's reliable and has all the core features I need at the moment. Considering how all the online tools can add up, this is right for my business. Mad Mimi has a super-simple interface, and it's drag and drop, so I don't have to spend a lot of time designing each email. Although you can customize with your logo and colors. There are several free add-ons, which allow for a limited amount of automation. I would recommend taking advantage of the RSS feed, webform, and drip campaign features. You can segment your list into as many groups as you like, which makes for more effective email marketing.,Although you can customize your newsletter with logo and colors, there's basically only one format. That's good and bad. On one hand, it keeps things very simple. On the other hand, it isn't that flexible if you want a different design. Other tools have built-in templates for various types of emails -- news, sales, etc. Would be nice to have those on MM. Other tools make it easier to set up drip campaigns. Other tools have more sophisticated features, like integration with an e-commerce platform to remarket to visitors who have left. It's difficult to resend an email to unopened ones.,7,It has helped introduce people to workshops, which is part of their customer journey to hire me as a consultant. Which in turn, leads to increased revenue. It demonstrates my expertise as a marketing consultant, which again leads to increased revenue ultimately. It's an infinity ROI at this point since I'm on the Mad Mimi free plan (except for the time invested to create the emails of course).,MailChimp and ActiveCampaign,Less than 10,000,B2B,MailChimp, Weebly, Insightly, Buffer, Google Analytics, Google Drive, Zoom,Yes,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation,I wouldn't change my evaluation process, but now I may need more sophisticated features. I've done a lot of research into email marketing tools, so I can make appropriate recommendations to my clients.,Simple drag and drop email creation. Easy to customize with logo and color palette. Easy to add social links.,Scheduling is a little strange sometimes. When I think I've got it all set, but then go back and change something, it seems like I have to set up scheduling again. It isn't clear what is required for the personalization field, when you don't have "name" to fall back on. Had to guess what was required before I could save it. It would be great to be able to resend to unopens. I don't believe this is available. Would be nice to have for re-inviting people to upcoming events.,Yes,10Mad About, and Mad At, Mad MimiCreating blog posts is a central element of my marketing as it allows me to create a library of material addressing pertinent issues. I broadcast these ideas for general interest, and I draw on these ideas as further elaboration in conversation. I use the blog compendium as an organic source of FAQs for my therapy business. Mad Mimi provided a superior editor for simple text and formatting, along with a mail management system. It has several notable features including something close to WYSIWYG, at least close enough. It also allowed me to make corrections to published pieces so that the piece stored with Mad Mimi was always the latest version. Mad Mimi did not require that I create separate revisions.,WYSIWYG-like editor Editing and correction after publication Good interface,Free version was too limited in the size of the mail list it supported. Free version was too limited in the number of images that could be stored in the image library. At the time I was last using it, they did not have a full-featured link to enable people to sign up for different mail lists, or different profile indicators for a single mail list (such as field of interest, or location).,7,I've spent 3 years creating blog posts, and it is only now encompassing the breath that allows me to draw upon this pieces as a reusable resource, but now this is happening. I preferred the Mad Mimi platform to Mail Chimp, and I suspect it continues to offer advantages. I felt Mad Mimi did themselves a disservice by failing to support their free subscriber service to the same extent that Mail Chimp does. When one's mail list gets sufficiently large, then it does pay to pay them, but not in the context I was using it. It seems that Mad Mimi is targeting direct marketing purposes, as this is a use where ROI is more easily measured.,,Less than 10,000,Both,WordPress, MailChimp, WooCommerceMad Mimi has fallen behind the timesI used MadMimi for several years in my educational publishing business, and then I used it for a nonprofit trade association. I've used it to send out mailings to an entire list and to schedule drip campaigns for specific subscribers.,Mad Mimi makes it easy to manage subscribers who are on multiple lists. Mad Mimi has a good email editor/designer. Mad Mimi's drip campaigns are easy to set up and manage.,Mad Mimi does not have a lot of list segmenting options. Mad Mimi does not have integrations with as many other SaaS products as other email providers.,5,When I first started using Mad Mimi, it provided simple tools at a reasonable price that helped me connect with customers and potential customers.,ActiveCampaign, MailChimp, Klaviyo, Drip from Leadpages and AWeber,10,000 to 25,000,BothMad Mimi Rocks!I use Mad Mimi for my weekly newsletters, and repeat emails to individual clients. I am a sole proprietor. I utilize a virtual assistance and a social media company to help me and they both have access to my Mad Mimi account. It's great for my weekly newsletters. The content is uploaded by my social media company. My virtual assistant helps me manage the audience and inputs new clients and contacts as needed. The newsletter is for client support and also for marketing for contacts who are interested in my program or are interested in being strategic partners. I also have new clients all the time. I send them each the same emails at the same points throughout their experience and I have these emails set up in Mad Mimi so I don't have to repeat the same emails over and over.,Very easy to upload pictures and drop them into an email I am creating. Easy to create links within emails to web hosted documents or websites or videos. Easy to see who has read what, who has engaged with what emails, who has unsubscribed, so I know exactly how to follow up with people. Easy to upload new contacts, in a batch or one at a time.,I would like to see a list of all people who have opened and clicked on items in emails by email. I can look by person but I would like to look by each email.,10,Helped me stay in touch with clients and contacts via my newsletter, increasing support and credibility. Saved me time of not having to create the same emails over and over again. Provides valuable info on how emails are being recieved Tells me who to follow up with,Constant Contact and Infusionsoft,Less than 10,000,Both,Evernote, ProsperWorks CRM, Google Drive, Dropbox,3Love Mad Mimi!We use Mad Mimi to send out our weekly newsletter to parents in the school. It allows us to include pictures and highlights as well as links and flyers! We can also see who is reading and opening our newsletters.,Newsletter templates Tracking reading and engagement Graphics and ease of use,Allow more than one person to edit at a time, like google docs More templates,9,Helps us update parents Keeps our contacts organized Shows us who is engaged,Google Classroom and RenWeb,Less than 10,000,B2C,RenWeb, Canva, Google Classroom,2,,sending out weekly newsletters sending out important communications tracking reader engagement,We were able to check who was clicking on links to help us understand interest!,tracking engagement to see who should be targeted for more specific communication,10
Mad Mimi

Mad Mimi Reviews

Mad Mimi
Filter 14 vetted Mad Mimi reviews and ratings
Robbin Block profile photo
April 25, 2018

Review: "Stop Procrastinating. Get Those Newsletters Out with Mad Mimi."

• I've been on the free plan for years and it has suited me very well. It's reliable and has all the core features I need at the moment. Considering how all the online tools can add up, this is right for my business.
  • Mad Mimi has a super-simple interface, and it's drag and drop, so I don't have to spend a lot of time designing each email. Although you can customize with your logo and colors.
  • There are several free add-ons, which allow for a limited amount of automation. I would recommend taking advantage of the RSS feed, webform, and drip campaign features.
  • You can segment your list into as many groups as you like, which makes for more effective email marketing.
  • Although you can customize your newsletter with logo and colors, there's basically only one format. That's good and bad. On one hand, it keeps things very simple. On the other hand, it isn't that flexible if you want a different design.
  • Other tools have built-in templates for various types of emails -- news, sales, etc. Would be nice to have those on MM.
  • Other tools make it easier to set up drip campaigns.
  • Other tools have more sophisticated features, like integration with an e-commerce platform to remarket to visitors who have left.
  • It's difficult to resend an email to unopened ones.
Mad Mimi is great for someone who wants a very simple user interface for sending out basic, yet professional, emails. Perfect for the beginning business owner. It's full-featured, yet easy to use. It's free for a good number of contacts. There are free and low-cost features that enhance the functionality. Plus, when you go beyond the free plan, it's one of the lowest cost pro plans around. On the downside, there are other email tools that are more sophisticated with built-in templates.
Read Robbin Block's full review
Lincoln Stoller, PhD, CHt profile photo
April 27, 2018

User Review: "Mad About, and Mad At, Mad Mimi"

• WYSIWYG-like editor
  • Editing and correction after publication
  • Good interface
  • Free version was too limited in the size of the mail list it supported.
  • Free version was too limited in the number of images that could be stored in the image library.
  • At the time I was last using it, they did not have a full-featured link to enable people to sign up for different mail lists, or different profile indicators for a single mail list (such as field of interest, or location).
I used it for email broadcast. I saved the posts I created in PDF form in my own library, and used my own CMS to list past items. I believe the trend in mail systems is to provide public access to archived posts, at least MailChimp is doing this, but this seems unattractive. Mad Mimi may be doing this also. This might be useful in some circumstance. Also, mail list features are migrating into CMS platforms, but this appears to be better handled in the mail systems, like Mad Mimi.
Read Lincoln Stoller, PhD, CHt's full review
John Notgrass profile photo
April 25, 2018

User Review: "Mad Mimi has fallen behind the times"

• Mad Mimi makes it easy to manage subscribers who are on multiple lists.
  • Mad Mimi has a good email editor/designer.
  • Mad Mimi's drip campaigns are easy to set up and manage.
  • Mad Mimi does not have a lot of list segmenting options.
  • Mad Mimi does not have integrations with as many other SaaS products as other email providers.
Mad Mimi is a good product, but in 2018, it seems to have mediocre features at a mediocre price. If you have a relatively small list, MailChimp has a more generous free plan and some more advanced features and available integrations. If your business is growing, Mad Mimi will not be able to provide the functionality you need.
Read John Notgrass's full review
Debbie Baumoel profile photo
April 25, 2018

User Review: "Mad Mimi Rocks!"

• Very easy to upload pictures and drop them into an email I am creating.
  • Easy to create links within emails to web hosted documents or websites or videos.
  • Easy to see who has read what, who has engaged with what emails, who has unsubscribed, so I know exactly how to follow up with people.
  • Easy to upload new contacts, in a batch or one at a time.
  • I would like to see a list of all people who have opened and clicked on items in emails by email. I can look by person but I would like to look by each email.
Perfect for weekly newsletters. Perfect for re-occuring emails.
Read Debbie Baumoel's full review
Alise Gold profile photo
April 25, 2018

User Review: "Love Mad Mimi!"

We use Mad Mimi to send out our weekly newsletter to parents in the school.
  • Newsletter templates
  • Tracking reading and engagement
  • Graphics and ease of use
  • Allow more than one person to edit at a time, like google docs
  • More templates
It is well suited for school newsletters, flyers, announcements and less so for regular emails or communication.
Read Alise Gold's full review
Bob Jones profile photo
April 11, 2017

User Review: "Mad about Mad Mimi"

I am current using Mad Mimi in my non-profit organization as a tool to keep our supporters up to date on the activities of the organization. We are happy with the ease of use. Monthly/Quarterly emails are sent to supporters with both details of activities and pictures to keep the supporters involved in the organization.
  • Ease of Design
  • Ease of Contact Management
  • Great for sending out informational email with pictures.
  • None, we are happy with all the functionality.
In our use, we have used it for lower end number of contacts. It is very well suited for smaller organizations with limited staff and time. I have not used the larger organization options so I cannot comment on those.
Read Bob Jones's full review
Ehren Muhammad profile photo
February 25, 2015

User Review: "We Are Mad for Mad Mimi"

In late 2012, I started using MadMimi due to the majority of my newly contracted clients having very little knowledge of how to start and operate an e-mail marketing campaign.My firm specializes in working with entrepreneurs; sole-proprietors, and small business owners. Many of who have never really “marketed” their businesses beyond the very limited traditional methods i.e. passing out business cards and listing in the local newspaper.

Our goal at EMPro, Ltd is not help our clients through our project management and marketing expertise but also educate them as well.Their learning curve was incredibly high; a lot of our clients didn’t know the difference between an “Opt-Out or Opt-In” or even how social media outlets related to their business. We knew our biggest challenge would be getting them comfortable with the application we decided to use and teaching them how to optimize it toward their business goals.
  • Easy to set-up: One thing I noticed quickly is that if you want to start your campaign that same day, you can with MadMimi’s very easy follow step-by-step process that goes based on your pace and extent of your knowledge.
  • Lots of design options that are easy to use. MadMimi has 30+ color themes and more than 3 dozen social media buttons. Other tools include web-forms, drip campaigns, Salesforce, Batchbook, Highrise and Google Analytics for the more advance user.
  • Full tracking and monitoring is quickly accessed. You can make sure your marketing targeted and effective through its interactive charts, summary reports, and effectiveness of any promotions.
  • Really the only drawback is that the design tools are simple, so if you have extensive design plans, this application may be restrictive. Those advanced in graphic designing, marketing & advertisement tools and web-coding will find MadMimi limited based on their skill level and visual ambitions.
Actually, in almost every instance MadMimi was better for our client’s needs than that of its competitors based on the amount of options we had to help promote their brand, as well as how easy it was for our clients to use the tools themselves.

They had more confidence in that their business, their BRAND was in the right hands working with us because we directed them to a tool they could understand and trust.
Read Ehren Muhammad's full review
Tyler Hanlon profile photo
April 26, 2014

Mad Mimi Review: "A Solid ESP For The Small to Midsize Business...Great Deliverability!"

We used Mad Mimi as one of our email marketing mediums. It was primarily used by me, as the email marketing manager. Mad Mimi is a great and easy way for most anyone to create an email campaign for their subscribers, and is a great email service provider (ESP) by way of deliverability in comparison to some of it's competitors.

In terms of business problems that it addresses, I used several ESPs in my time as an email marketing manager, but Mad Mimi consistently reached more inboxes, and had better deliverability than other ESPs that I utilized. This is probably the most valuable thing an ESP can provide, so I can't give them any higher praise than that.
  • Mad Mimi is a leader in terms of Deliverability. Getting those emails in the consumer inboxes is what the game is all about.
  • Setting up email campaigns within Mad Mimi is extremely easy. It opens up a whole new opportunity for businesses of any size.
  • Customer Service and the policing of compliance is top notch. They watch everything in terms of deliverability, or lack there of, should there be bounces, or spam complaints. In the lower tiers of their payment options, having a sound set of rules in terms of compliance helps everyone, as you share an IP Address with several users. If one user is not towing the line, it affects everyone on that IP Address.
  • The ease on adding links, such as unsubscribe links, is not as easy as it is with other email service providers. Creating simple tags that take the place of a link could help a lot, especially for those not as familiar with HTML.
  • Perhaps a way of archiving old emails, or hiding them from the past emails area. It can look a bit cluttered, and can be confusing in some circumstances.
  • Providing some learning material, or at least a more thorough overview of email marketing, and the user interface would be of great use to beginners.
As I have mentioned, deliverability is the name of the game in email marketing. Mad Mimi exceeded the capabilities of other email service providers. However, it does seem to lack as much learning material for those that are new to email marketing, or for those not familiar with the user interface, compared to other ESPs. It may not be the best option for those that plan on having a large campaign, as the options and capabilities may not be as robust as you would need them to be. But for a small to medium sized operation, it would do just fine.
Read Tyler Hanlon's full review
Raven Blue profile photo
May 01, 2014

User Review: "Mad for Mad Mimi!"

Mad Mimi was used for email marketing to gather new readers to my previous employers website and maintain current readers by announcing new articles and product giveaways.
  • Allow for total control of email layouts.
  • Easy importing of email contacts.
  • Great customer service and quick answers to any problems.
  • Easier way to update forms of payment.
  • More customized templates for lower price package.
  • More editing capabilities for uploaded photos.
Mad Mimi is a great tool for email marketing. It is especially useful for companies looking for an affordable and simple alternative to hiring a marketing agency.
Read Raven Blue's full review
April 26, 2014

"Mad Mimi Review"

We use it for promotional emails to our clients. I personally use this for marketing and it's not used throughout the organization. Mad Mimi is great for educating our customers and turning them into buyers. From the data collected by our campaigns I can use this to inform our sales team on who is currently interested in a certain product.
  • Their drag and drop interface is very easy to use.
  • They automatically cycle out bad emails to reduce your bounce rates.
  • Their customer service is amazing. I'm taken care of in minutes.
  • The reporting features are pretty basic. I often feel like I need to switch email providers in order to excel ahead of competition.
  • The drag and drop tool is easy to use but very limited. It's really difficult to be creative with columns and content.
  • The entire tool itself is pretty basic. Not wow'd by any features.
This is a very good and cheap tool for a small business. If you're going to get into serious link tracking and analytics I would go with another tool. It's quick, simple, easy to use and has great customer support. If you're a larger small business with a dedicated sales staff I would look towards another tool with better reporting features and database management.

WYSIWYG email editor (5)
9.5
Dynamic content (3)
Ability to test dynamic content (3)
5.3
Landing pages (2)
6.5
Mobile optimization (5)
Email deliverability (6)
List management (6)
Triggered drip sequences (2)
Dashboards (4)