Reviews (1-25 of 33)
- AWeber provides great email deliverability. Emails get into the inboxes.
- AWeber's reporting feature and the dashboard view.
- The default view that's associated with a list vs. the account or campaigns.
It is a rather strong email marketing software. We love the fact that they provide great email deliverability. We also like their dashboard view. Their reporting interface displays account overview, subscriber stats, metrics from your recent campaigns, and stats from your lists. From the dashboard itself, one can look up a contact from the "list stats" section and can also update contact status or unsubscribe a contact. This saves you additional steps.
AWeber can work on making better the default view that's associated with a list vs. the account -- which is different from most email software out there. To elaborate, the default view will always be associated with a list of what they refer to as "Current List". From a user perspective, this means that you have to skip between the lists to see campaigns send to that list. This as opposed to the more standard campaign list view that most other email software have is a little tricky to get used to, especially when you are starting off new on AWeber.
- AWeber keeps its platform updated to include tools for engagement in multiple ways, which is a huge bonus for us in customer relationship management.
- Their customer service is top-notch and unbeatable. Their staff is well trained, courteous, and available when we need them. If we need something off-hours, their help resources and tutorials are easy to follow and almost always cover the problem we are trying to solve. We always feel supported and encouraged to perform at highest standards with AWeber behind us.
- If I had a wishlist, I'd ask for 24/7 phone support; but honestly, even without that, their customer support has been well thought out and gives us most of what we need.
- When they upgrade their platforms (which is frequent, because of the rapid changes in technology) it sometimes becomes difficult to learn how to use the things that are new. All told, though, I'd rather they keep adding to their resources for us even if it means a steeper learning curve in how to integrate and use the new tools. The tradeoff is worth it.
We also have a newsletter so needed the best tool to manage and automate subscriptions, especially in the days of GDPR. Permissions matter! They've been the go-to tech for this for years and have all the required compliance expertise designed into the product that we were looking for.
- Subscription management
- Multiple brand/product launches
- Audit recordkeeping of permissions
- Templates - there's always room for more choices and more agility
- More video training for really new users, even though AWeber has been around a long time
Campaigns can be personalized much better using AWeber. There's nothing worse than sending a campaign out with either inaccurate or generic titles or messages. Global audiences are hyper fragmented. Agility in personalization makes a measurably greater impact.
- Great customer support.
- Simple to use and set up.
- Trial period. They allow you to try their service and provide really good supporting material.
- Intuitive UX.
- List segmentation could be more seamless. They make it so confusing because they still use a list based tagged system.
- Have subscribers confirm their emails by default when you import a list. I found that a bit sneaky.
- Add a workflow builder to create even more complex sequences.
- It is a program that allows us to have good interactions with the created contact list.
- It allows us to have control of who is interested in the email we send.
- AWeber has a great variety of templates, much better than other similar programs. They have a great capacity for personalization and they allow you to save your created templates to use them when necessary.
- It allows you to automate sending emails.
- It can be difficult to learn how to use this program since its interface can be confusing. It is necessary to follow a guide to know this program.
- Faults can occur when sending emails, arriving in a different way than we thought it would.
- It can be complicated when it comes to automating the sending of emails since it is not easy to understand. Finding the tools that this program offers can be difficult.
- List compilation -- I can make as many different lists as I need to on AWeber and send out newsletters to a certain group or segment easily. In addition to having the ability to create multiple lists, each list can be further broken down by adding tags to each subscriber
- Email reliability -- Emails from AWeber typically make it to the inbox and have a lesser rate of going to spam
- Content elements -- While there are design limitations, there are plenty of options to choose from on what kind of content you can add in your mailing
- Content elements design/layout for newsletter -- getting things to look exactly as you want them takes some work. This is probably not an issue for the average user, but for a web/graphic designer perspective, it's more complicated than it should be to add columns or sections or styling in some instances.
AWeber also has a better spam/unsubscribe tolerance. Mailchimp is very strict and will shut down your account if you have too many people marking your email as spam. AWeber lets you know that you need to do something about it if your spam count is high, but will give you time to work out your issues rather than close down the account.
- Email design
- Email layout with suggestions
- Best times to send emails
- When emails are opened
- Engagement testing
- The price should be free up to a certain amount of followers, like MailChimp.
- The back office can be a tad confusing for my clients and I have to usually spend several hours with them over the phone explaining how to navigate, but saying this, I have the same problem with all of the other email marketing platforms as well.
- Drop and Drag is a great feature, but it doesn't seem to work perfectly on certain templates, where it does on others. It should work the same across all of them.
- AWeber makes it as easy as possible to build an email list, and then keep in touch with people, as it provides useful analytics.
- I can track who clicked on certain links to determine their level of engagement. This is important because I can follow up with a phone call to the best prospects.
- It's easy to save templates and reuse them, which saves time.
- It's a bit clunky and slow sometimes.
- I wish it didn't count duplicates as unique subscribers.
- I wish I could set a default font and style.
We have a list of 2000+ subscribers and get 100% inbox rate. AWeber's landing pages are simple yet powerful and easy to customize. They have plugins for different CMS - that means AWeber is available for anywhere at any time.
- Easy to Use
- Great Inbox rate
- Plugins available for different CMS
- Nice Templates
- A little more expensive
- Customer Support is not good
- Drag and Drop Editor doesn't work sometimes
- Not beautiful designs for your email
- List building: AWeber makes it easy to grow opt-in subscribers through customizable signup forms as well an integration with tools like Sumo and Hustle Pro.
- List segmentation: with a little more information about each subscriber, it's easy to create custom segmented lists based on different criteria.
- Deliverability: AWeber enforces opt-in rules to keep spammers out of its system and improve deliverability rates for reputable users. We rarely have issues with our messages from AWeber being routed to spam folders.
- Double opt-in: AWeber makes it easy to set up double opt-in to make extra certain you have a high-quality mailing list.
- Pricing for very small companies: While AWeber's pricing is competitive overall, it would be nice if there were a free level for beginners and those just starting to build a list, and if the lowest pricing tier had a higher ceiling on subscribers, such as 2,000 instead of 500.
- Standard template design: Though it's possible to send beautiful emails with AWeber, their "out of the box" standard designs for templates and forms are somewhat dull and outdated.
- Reporting glitches: We've occasionally had issues with the reporting not being accurate, but these instances are the exception rather than the rule, and AWeber support is generally very responsive in solving these issues.
- Their customer service was pretty great. I was able to get answers to my questions fairly quickly, which was helpful when I was under a deadline
- Their pre-built email templates are customizable. This is fairly standard across most email marketing sites now, but I preferred AWeber's templates to ones I found on other sites. There was more variety and more options for customization
- The analytics provided for each email were, for the most part, comprehensive. They worked well for what our organization needed at the time, and it was helpful to see open rates, click rates, etc.
- I'd love to see more extensive analytics options become available. It would be great to see tracked emails where I could see when someone opened one of my emails, forwarded that email, etc. Details like this would help our organization better hone in on when our target audience is active.
Aweber is an affordable, feature-packed tool that allows companies of any size to nurture their customer relationships and provide extra value through publishing. The fact that it can send immediate messages or pre-scheduled autoresponder messages makes it both versatile and valuable.
- Aweber manages mailing lists particularly well. By this I mean that it handles subscribe and unsubscribe requests automatically, so you never have to worry about annoying people by accidentally sending them information they opted out of.
- Aweber provides reliable scheduling of messages. This works for newsletters that you want to write and schedule in advance as well as auto-responder sequences that you create for a specific campaign. It also connects directly to your blog and social media profiles so that you can post in one location and have it show up on all your profiles. That's really handy!
- Aweber provides detailed analytics for all of your broadcasted messages without overcomplicating things. You can easily see who received, opened, and clicked the links within your messages, so that you can consistently refine your marketing efforts.
- Aweber is also affordable. Some mailing list applications cost an arm and leg, but Aweber can easily fit into just about any budget. It's reasonable cost also allows it to pay for itself very quickly.
- Aweber would be even better if it had the ability to host landing pages. I have to use a tool like landingpages.net to do this if I don't want to create the landing pages as part of my client's website. If I manage their site, it isn't a problem, but it keeps me from using Aweber for clients who manage their own sites or dont' have one.
- Aweber would greatly benefit from a more robust reseller program. Firms like mine have multiple clients and, with each client needing an individual Aweber account, it would be nice to have access to margin so that we could resell the services.
- Along the lines of a reseller program, it would be great of Aweber allowed resellers to white label the interface and administrate multiple accounts from one agency account.
Aweber is not particularly suited to agencies who need to broker and provide these services to multiple clients. It's mainly an end-user application.
- Email segmentation - helpful for sending more targeted campaigns
- Drag and drop email builder - standard interface, not bells and whistles, good for those who like it simple
- Custom opt-in/sign up boxes
- Third-party API integration
- List segmentation
- Great phone support
- So many features that sometimes it's hard to find things.
- Can't put lines or outlines around the actual newsletter templates when you make them from scratch. There should be a way to easily outline boxes/areas within the newsletters. There isn't like there is with some other email tools we use.
- Can't upload messy lists of email addresses like I can with other programs we use. For instance, in other programs, I can upload a text file with names, addresses, punctuation, etc and the program will pull all the emails out of that mess into a nice neat list. Aweber can't do that.
- manage contact list and campaigns
- automate email sequences for webinars and small courses
- handle subscribers to newsletters
- as a hub between signing up and a website and adding a lead to a list
- keep track of event participants for off and online workshops
- segmenting our leads
- part of our sales funnel
- Managing subscribers and sending out bulk information as in newsletters. This is what it is built for and it is what it does best.
- Automation. The automation is straightforward and easy to use. We use it for automated workshops where the participant gets an email every third day throughout the year.
- I find segmenting lists hard to do with Aweber. There is the possibility of tagging, but last time I checked it was still in Beta.
- I have found no real way of allowing my leads to self-maintain their information and self select which lists they are opted in on.
- The UI feels outdated.
- AWeber is good at integrating with other software such as LeadPages.
- AWeber is good at organizing your contacts for email marketing.
- AWeber is good at setting up automation for your email lists.
- Overall, it takes some getting used to. The graphic user interface is a bit dated. It looks like multiple software engineers worked on it. It doesn't have a consistent flow and can be difficult to navigate.
- It's not really easy or intuitive to get the automation set up.
- The composing of the email section is strange. We had problems with how it looked on our screens vs. how it looked when we sent it out.
- Aweber has a very simple platform with great tutorials on the site as well as up to date articles on the latest new developments and features.
- Aweber has a superior customer service team. They are incredibly knowledgeable and always pleasant to speak with.
- Aweber provides a tremendous library of pre-made templates, saving you a lot of time. It also allows you to customize the templates with simple drag and drop button, such as adding photos, coupons, logos, social media links and signature.
- Deleting inactive subscribers after a certain period of time would be an added benefit.
- Their price could be reduced to attract those just starting out online.
- I cannot think of anything else. They are a great company.
Business problems addressed: Growing a customer database / email list and communicating with prospects and customers efficiently.
- Gets email past spam filters and into recipients' email inboxes
- Customer support is great - love the telephone support when I have a question or am stuck.
- Makes it easy to identify who has opened emails, who has not, and send emails to list segments based on opens / non-opens
- Allows you to segment lists by other criteria, such as birthday. We have used Aweber to send out birthday offers to people on the list who have birthdays that month.
- I like the wide selection of ready made opt in form designs that can be customized and embedded on client websites
- I like the hosted opt-in form option where you can send people a link to an opt in form without having to host it on your own website .. great for people who need to build a list but don't have a website yet.
- Double opt-in requirements. While I understand the rationale for double opt-in, I wish Aweber did not require double opt-in when importing email addresses from the client's existing client database as I feel we end up losing a good number of people who are existing customers and have given the business permission to email them but who either don't notice or don't take the extra step to confirm their subscription to the Aweber list.
- The user interface when designing and setting up html newsletters is not as clearcut and obvious as Constant Contact; it takes more time to get the newsletters to "look right" using Aweber's existing templates.
- I wish Aweber made it easier to embed a video message simply by inserting the video link or embed code into the email body. The process it seems to require (the last time I tried) was to create a screenshot of the video or insert the video thumbnail image and then link to the video in the right column link section .. it's a 2 step process and would be nice if it were a one click process. Not a deal breaker but I just feel like it could be faster and more efficient to embed video messages in an email.
- AWeber keeps your lists organized well and gives you many customization abilities for individual lists.
- AWeber makes it easy for you to cut and paste from word and pdf documents into the editor without first having to strip code which saves time.
- AWeber keeps a library of images for you so you can easily insert them each time.
- AWeber gives you many options to create nice looking opt in boxes and forms with custom branding and images for each individual list.
- AWeber has excellent customer service.
- AWeber has an intuitive work flow.
- AWeber could use some improvement in the functionality and range of what options they provide in the editor. For example, it would be nice to have more font choices and if the editor would remember font color choices that are most used (it refreshes after saving). Sometimes the editor doesn't hold your font choice and so you have to go back and select your font choice again.
- AWeber's editor functionality takes a little getting used to. Sometimes you have to line your image or paragraph blocks up differently than it looks in the editor. I always TEST my emails to make sure images and text aline nicely in the final email, overall it is a good layout and is still easier and less time consuming than writing html newsletters:)
- It would be nice if AWeber created more customizable social media share buttons you could insert (as an option) that can be used when creating newsletters and blogs.
- The url/link button could use some improvement as far as work flow goes, it is easy to link text or make a url live, but not easy to break the link on words, usually you have to delete and re-write the words.
- AWeber should move the pop up image edit box over to the right more for a better work flow, so it doesn't overlap the editor, it makes it hard to delete and move blocks when it is overlapped with the pop up editor.
- AWeber blog broadcasts are not very appealing visually.
- It would be nice if AWeber provided more plain/customizable templates for your own branding that allows for background colors that match your branding for newsletter and blogs.
- Great and effective marketing automation makes your strategy more efficient
- Form templates make building emails so much more simpler without having to know coding
- Great and reliable deliverability rates for your promo and newsletters
- Could use some additional tutorials for advanced usage of aweber
- Lacking some of the filters for targeting email lists by geographical areas ie zip code or dma
- Has a bit of a learning curve in order to fully implement the full offering of the solution
AWeber Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
After a 30-day free trial, pricing is determined based on the total number of subscribers in your account. Pricing starts as low as $19/mo. Additional savings are available by paying quarterly or annually.
AWeber Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
AWeber Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|