https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Vj/mQ/WK5RH2XDDEVA.PNGAWeber is a Feature-Packed Product at a Reasonable PriceAweber is used by several of my clients to manage their mailing lists. It is connected to the opt-in forms on their websites and it is the utility used to send and track their newsletters and other broadcasts. Some of my clients have Aweber connected to their blogs so that an email goes out to their mailing list every time they publish a new post. Other only use it for sending messages periodically. Aweber is an affordable, feature-packed tool that allows companies of any size to nurture their customer relationships and provide extra value through publishing. The fact that it can send immediate messages or pre-scheduled autoresponder messages makes it both versatile and valuable.,Aweber manages mailing lists particularly well. By this I mean that it handles subscribe and unsubscribe requests automatically, so you never have to worry about annoying people by accidentally sending them information they opted out of. Aweber provides reliable scheduling of messages. This works for newsletters that you want to write and schedule in advance as well as auto-responder sequences that you create for a specific campaign. It also connects directly to your blog and social media profiles so that you can post in one location and have it show up on all your profiles. That's really handy! Aweber provides detailed analytics for all of your broadcasted messages without overcomplicating things. You can easily see who received, opened, and clicked the links within your messages, so that you can consistently refine your marketing efforts. Aweber is also affordable. Some mailing list applications cost an arm and leg, but Aweber can easily fit into just about any budget. It's reasonable cost also allows it to pay for itself very quickly.,Aweber would be even better if it had the ability to host landing pages. I have to use a tool like landingpages.net to do this if I don't want to create the landing pages as part of my client's website. If I manage their site, it isn't a problem, but it keeps me from using Aweber for clients who manage their own sites or dont' have one. Aweber would greatly benefit from a more robust reseller program. Firms like mine have multiple clients and, with each client needing an individual Aweber account, it would be nice to have access to margin so that we could resell the services. Along the lines of a reseller program, it would be great of Aweber allowed resellers to white label the interface and administrate multiple accounts from one agency account.,9,Aweber has been a great way to introduce clients to the process of online marketing and publishing. Many of them have never used the web or email to truly nurture their customer relationships. The combination of dependable features and low price make Aweber a good "toe in the water" of internet marketing. Aweber has helped my clients raise awareness of their products and services through targeted email campaigns and regular publishing. It's a great way to deliver coupons and special offers directly to a customer's inbox. Awber has helped me teach my clients that a collection of names and email addresses is only worthwhile if you use it to communicate what matters to your customers. Many businesses collect contact information at live events or through other means, but rarely do they actually do anything with it. By using Aweber to reach out to their customer base, they are able to see through the analytics how valuable that conversation can be.,,Less than 10,000,Both,Leadpages, WordPress, Google AnalyticsWhen there are so many better options, why choose this one?We use it to create sign up forms and email campaigns. It allows us to send targeted emails and analyze campaign results which we can then use to enhance and improve our subsequent campaigns. Its interface is a bit outdated and the design options are too. It works well, though but probably not worth the price, given there are so many other email management software available.,Email segmentation - helpful for sending more targeted campaigns Drag and drop email builder - standard interface, not bells and whistles, good for those who like it simple,Design options - very limited here, nothing like Constant Contact or MailChimp User interface - the way the lists are separated is a bit unintuitive, having to remember to change the list you are in before creating an email was tough,4,Helped keep track of campaign analytics Enabled me to collect email address through sign up forms,MailChimp and Constant Contact,Less than 10,000,B2C,MailChimp, Constant Contact, SquarespaceThe Email Marketer's Email Marketing ToolWe use Aweber several ways: to send out newsletters for our own business. We also set up clients with their own Aweber accounts so we can use it on their behalf. The other way we use it is as an integration with Lead Pages to capture opt-ins for lead magnets on landing pages.,Autoresponders Custom opt-in/sign up boxes Third-party API integration List segmentation Great phone support,So many features that sometimes it's hard to find things. Can't put lines or outlines around the actual newsletter templates when you make them from scratch. There should be a way to easily outline boxes/areas within the newsletters. There isn't like there is with some other email tools we use. Can't upload messy lists of email addresses like I can with other programs we use. For instance, in other programs, I can upload a text file with names, addresses, punctuation, etc and the program will pull all the emails out of that mess into a nice neat list. Aweber can't do that.,9,Has helped my build my lists One of the main benefits to our bottom line is the affiliate program. We sign all new email marketing clients up with accounts of their own through our own affiliate program which generates passive monthly income.,iContact and Constant Contact,Less than 10,000,Both,Leadpages, Basecamp, Agency AnalyticsAWeber - kind of does the jobWe use Aweber to manage contact list and campaignsautomate email sequences for webinars and small courseshandle subscribers to newslettersas a hub between signing up and a website and adding a lead to a listkeep track of event participants for off and online workshopssegmenting our leadspart of our sales funnel,Managing subscribers and sending out bulk information as in newsletters. This is what it is built for and it is what it does best. Automation. The automation is straightforward and easy to use. We use it for automated workshops where the participant gets an email every third day throughout the year.,I find segmenting lists hard to do with Aweber. There is the possibility of tagging, but last time I checked it was still in Beta. I have found no real way of allowing my leads to self-maintain their information and self select which lists they are opted in on. The UI feels outdated.,7,Once the automation is set up everything just works and it is super nice not to have to worry about it. We wanted to send out newsletters and it is super simple to do and we get it done. We want to make sure we comply to the regulations in regards to opting in and with Aweber we are pretty sure we do.,MailChimp,Less than 10,000,B2C,Joomla!, WordPress, Google FormsEasy to Use and WILL provide you an ROIWe currently use Aweber in our marketing department exclusively to help automate our user acquisition and retention efforts. It helps us free up our bandwidth by automating tasks that would otherwise be done manually by an associate spending a few hours a week. The reports we export are easy to set up and easily actionable upon by higher levels of management.,Great and effective marketing automation makes your strategy more efficient Form templates make building emails so much more simpler without having to know coding Great and reliable deliverability rates for your promo and newsletters,Could use some additional tutorials for advanced usage of aweber Lacking some of the filters for targeting email lists by geographical areas ie zip code or dma Has a bit of a learning curve in order to fully implement the full offering of the solution,4,Saved bandwidth and man hours Improved ROI via trigger emails and automated solution Increased customer retention via engagement campaigns,MailChimp and SendinBlue,10,000 to 25,000,Both,SendinBlue, GetResponse, Constant Contact, Bronto Marketing Platform, ActiveCampaign
AWeber

AWeber Reviews

AWeber
Filter 49 vetted AWeber reviews and ratings
Greg Dungan profile photo
January 02, 2018

Review: "AWeber is a Feature-Packed Product at a Reasonable Price"

• Aweber manages mailing lists particularly well. By this I mean that it handles subscribe and unsubscribe requests automatically, so you never have to worry about annoying people by accidentally sending them information they opted out of.
  • Aweber provides reliable scheduling of messages. This works for newsletters that you want to write and schedule in advance as well as auto-responder sequences that you create for a specific campaign. It also connects directly to your blog and social media profiles so that you can post in one location and have it show up on all your profiles. That's really handy!
  • Aweber provides detailed analytics for all of your broadcasted messages without overcomplicating things. You can easily see who received, opened, and clicked the links within your messages, so that you can consistently refine your marketing efforts.
  • Aweber is also affordable. Some mailing list applications cost an arm and leg, but Aweber can easily fit into just about any budget. It's reasonable cost also allows it to pay for itself very quickly.
  • Aweber would be even better if it had the ability to host landing pages. I have to use a tool like landingpages.net to do this if I don't want to create the landing pages as part of my client's website. If I manage their site, it isn't a problem, but it keeps me from using Aweber for clients who manage their own sites or dont' have one.
  • Aweber would greatly benefit from a more robust reseller program. Firms like mine have multiple clients and, with each client needing an individual Aweber account, it would be nice to have access to margin so that we could resell the services.
  • Along the lines of a reseller program, it would be great of Aweber allowed resellers to white label the interface and administrate multiple accounts from one agency account.
Aweber is particularly suited to small to medium businesses and organizations who need to manage their mailing lists and communicate periodically with their customers or members.

Aweber is not particularly suited to agencies who need to broker and provide these services to multiple clients. It's mainly an end-user application.
Read Greg Dungan's full review
Nicole Steen, M.A. profile photo
January 16, 2018

AWeber Review: "When there are so many better options, why choose this one?"

• Email segmentation - helpful for sending more targeted campaigns
  • Drag and drop email builder - standard interface, not bells and whistles, good for those who like it simple
  • Design options - very limited here, nothing like Constant Contact or MailChimp
  • User interface - the way the lists are separated is a bit unintuitive, having to remember to change the list you are in before creating an email was tough
It is well suited for bare bones type of people who don't need advanced design options. It is not suited for people who are not technologically savvy as the interface is not intuitive which can increase the learning curve.
Read Nicole Steen, M.A.'s full review
Gene Sower profile photo
January 05, 2018

AWeber Review: "The Email Marketer's Email Marketing Tool"

• Autoresponders
  • Custom opt-in/sign up boxes
  • Third-party API integration
  • List segmentation
  • Great phone support
  • So many features that sometimes it's hard to find things.
  • Can't put lines or outlines around the actual newsletter templates when you make them from scratch. There should be a way to easily outline boxes/areas within the newsletters. There isn't like there is with some other email tools we use.
  • Can't upload messy lists of email addresses like I can with other programs we use. For instance, in other programs, I can upload a text file with names, addresses, punctuation, etc and the program will pull all the emails out of that mess into a nice neat list. Aweber can't do that.
Well suited to use in conjunction with an ebook or special report in terms of opt-ins and downloads. Less appropriate for newbies due to its increasing complexity and many features that not everyone will use.
Read Gene Sower's full review
Vilhelm Kruse profile photo
January 02, 2018

User Review: "AWeber - kind of does the job"

We use Aweber to
  • manage contact list and campaigns
  • automate email sequences for webinars and small courses
  • handle subscribers to newsletters
  • as a hub between signing up and a website and adding a lead to a list
  • keep track of event participants for off and online workshops
  • segmenting our leads
  • part of our sales funnel
  • Managing subscribers and sending out bulk information as in newsletters. This is what it is built for and it is what it does best.
  • Automation. The automation is straightforward and easy to use. We use it for automated workshops where the participant gets an email every third day throughout the year.
  • I find segmenting lists hard to do with Aweber. There is the possibility of tagging, but last time I checked it was still in Beta.
  • I have found no real way of allowing my leads to self-maintain their information and self select which lists they are opted in on.
  • The UI feels outdated.
For a basic option and sending out newsletters, Aweber does the job and the automation is also straightforward to use. However, I feel I keep hitting the ceiling as to what it can do. For a company with a limited need for bulk email - free alternatives like MailChimp look very appealing.
Read Vilhelm Kruse's full review
February 13, 2018

AWeber Review: "Easy to Use and WILL provide you an ROI"

• Great and effective marketing automation makes your strategy more efficient
  • Form templates make building emails so much more simpler without having to know coding
  • Great and reliable deliverability rates for your promo and newsletters
  • Could use some additional tutorials for advanced usage of aweber
  • Lacking some of the filters for targeting email lists by geographical areas ie zip code or dma
  • Has a bit of a learning curve in order to fully implement the full offering of the solution
Aweber excels at email marketing in addition to the built-in solutions it offers such as automated marketing. This makes it perfect for all the triggered emails you need to create for various situations such as e-commerce abandoned cart emails to retain customers and improve your overall revenue. You'll have to review how you'd use the solution.
Andy Ryan profile photo
June 13, 2017

Review: "Engineering Minded Design: AWeber Will Deliver"

We used AWeber as our email marketing software for a few online product launches. It was used as the sole email marketing platform for a few years. It was used because it had multiple integrations with other software that we were using at the time. It also allowed us to collect lead information. We used it to automate emails to our email lists.
  • AWeber is good at integrating with other software such as LeadPages.
  • AWeber is good at organizing your contacts for email marketing.
  • AWeber is good at setting up automation for your email lists.
  • Overall, it takes some getting used to. The graphic user interface is a bit dated. It looks like multiple software engineers worked on it. It doesn't have a consistent flow and can be difficult to navigate.
  • It's not really easy or intuitive to get the automation set up.
  • The composing of the email section is strange. We had problems with how it looked on our screens vs. how it looked when we sent it out.
I would say AWeber is well suited for someone who is task oriented minded. Someone who is more of an engineer type brain. I wouldn't recommend AWeber for creatives or people who like their software to be pleasant to look at. It does its job well, but it isn't pretty.
Read Andy Ryan's full review
October 17, 2017

AWeber Review: "Good for those starting out"

[It was] used by our email marketing team for ourselves and on behalf of clients. It's a fine entry-level email marketing tool with basic features.
  • Basic Email Newsletters
  • Basic Metrics and Reporting
  • Custom Forms
  • Too Basic for sophisticated campaigns.
  • Could use e-commerce functionality.
Well-suited: Solopreneurs and others just starting out with limited email marketing experience.

Poorly-suited for agencies or marketing teams with more robust marketing needs.
Anne Theriault profile photo
March 15, 2017

"Aweber Rocks! My Honest Review As A Customer For 8 Years"

I use Aweber to build relationships with my customers as well as provide value through blogging and mentoring. I also use Aweber to send out surveys to allow my clients to give me feedback on what their needs are. It's a great system as I can send hundreds of e-mails with a simple click. It allows me a great time saver and the system is very easy to use.
  • Aweber has a very simple platform with great tutorials on the site as well as up to date articles on the latest new developments and features.
  • Aweber has a superior customer service team. They are incredibly knowledgeable and always pleasant to speak with.
  • Aweber provides a tremendous library of pre-made templates, saving you a lot of time. It also allows you to customize the templates with simple drag and drop button, such as adding photos, coupons, logos, social media links and signature.
  • Deleting inactive subscribers after a certain period of time would be an added benefit.
  • Their price could be reduced to attract those just starting out online.
  • I cannot think of anything else. They are a great company.
Aweber is very well suited for anyone looking to build a subscriber list in order to market to their customers or clients. Whether you have an online business or an offline business, as long as you are collecting customer e-mails, you can and should be using AWeber to connect with, build relationships with, and provide value to your customers.
Read Anne Theriault's full review
Andreas Jones - LSSGB, CPP, CSCS profile photo
March 14, 2017

Review: "Aweber delivers Best-in-Class service and experience"

Aweber has been extremely helpful with increasing productivity. Aweber has allowed me to improve communications with my clients. My client experience has improved, I am able to segment and direct messages to right customer at the right time. Sales have increase with our ability to communicate with our customers more efficiently and effectivelty
  • User interface and user experience
  • Segmenting
  • Intuitiveness
  • Pricing options
  • Mobile accessibility
Aweber is well suited to provide great customer experience with follow-ups, broadcasts and segmenting
Read Andreas Jones - LSSGB, CPP, CSCS's full review
March 14, 2017

Review: "Aweber: Solid, Reliable and Powerful Autoreponder Worth Checking Out!"

I use Aweber to stay in contact with my high school classmates. Keeping them informed of events and reunions. I also use Aweber for my clients to promote their services and publish their weekly newsletters. The reason I've been using Aweber for 11 years is because it is reliable and easy to use. I think they have been on the block longer or as long as other providers in the email marketing, autoresponder space. They are starting to offer sophisticated automation tools to help them compete with the likes of Infusionsoft and ActiveCampaign.
  • Aweber's email deliverability is among the best in the industry. I have used other email services and Aweber is superior in deliverability.
  • It is easy to setup an autoresponder sequence, a series of time delayed emails delivered over a period of time. This makes it super easy to follow up with leads and customers.
  • Aweber's blog broadcast features makes it easy to notify subscribers of new content on your blog. It can be setup to broadcast when ever you make a new post or summarize posts on a periodic basis.
  • Aweber's drag and drop email designer could be a little easier to use.
  • It is difficult to design templates for the casual user, they almost always need help.
  • The user interface is a little friendlier to a techy than a noobie. MailChimp is much easier to use but I would NEVER recommend MailChimp for serious marketers.
If you are looking for a reliable, easy to use, sophisticated auto responder service with a good track record, look no farther than Aweber. Their email deliverability, tools, automation and segmenting are excellent. While their user interface and email editor could stand some improvement, just about anyone should be able to get a decent looking newsletter and emails right out of the box. However, if you are looking for more automation, tags and segmenting, theirs is just developing and you might find a better fit with ActiveCampaign or Infusionsoft.
Yvonne Herbst profile photo
September 01, 2015

Review: "Why I prefer Aweber over Constant Contact and Mail Chimp"

I am an independent marketing consulting agency offering website development and email marketing services for clients. I have used AWeber for my own email newsletters and set up client newsletters on aweber as well.

Business problems addressed: Growing a customer database / email list and communicating with prospects and customers efficiently.
  • Gets email past spam filters and into recipients' email inboxes
  • Customer support is great - love the telephone support when I have a question or am stuck.
  • Makes it easy to identify who has opened emails, who has not, and send emails to list segments based on opens / non-opens
  • Allows you to segment lists by other criteria, such as birthday. We have used Aweber to send out birthday offers to people on the list who have birthdays that month.
  • I like the wide selection of ready made opt in form designs that can be customized and embedded on client websites
  • I like the hosted opt-in form option where you can send people a link to an opt in form without having to host it on your own website .. great for people who need to build a list but don't have a website yet.
  • Double opt-in requirements. While I understand the rationale for double opt-in, I wish Aweber did not require double opt-in when importing email addresses from the client's existing client database as I feel we end up losing a good number of people who are existing customers and have given the business permission to email them but who either don't notice or don't take the extra step to confirm their subscription to the Aweber list.
  • The user interface when designing and setting up html newsletters is not as clearcut and obvious as Constant Contact; it takes more time to get the newsletters to "look right" using Aweber's existing templates.
  • I wish Aweber made it easier to embed a video message simply by inserting the video link or embed code into the email body. The process it seems to require (the last time I tried) was to create a screenshot of the video or insert the video thumbnail image and then link to the video in the right column link section .. it's a 2 step process and would be nice if it were a one click process. Not a deal breaker but I just feel like it could be faster and more efficient to embed video messages in an email.
Read Yvonne Herbst's full review
Nichol Skaggs profile photo
December 09, 2014

User Review: "Why I like AWeber"

AWeber is being used to build lists and contact leads, for example newsletters, blog, telesummit or free giveaway. It is also being used for delivery of follow ups and broadcasts after a product is purchased, for example a coaching program.
  • AWeber keeps your lists organized well and gives you many customization abilities for individual lists.
  • AWeber makes it easy for you to cut and paste from word and pdf documents into the editor without first having to strip code which saves time.
  • AWeber keeps a library of images for you so you can easily insert them each time.
  • AWeber gives you many options to create nice looking opt in boxes and forms with custom branding and images for each individual list.
  • AWeber has excellent customer service.
  • AWeber has an intuitive work flow.
  • AWeber could use some improvement in the functionality and range of what options they provide in the editor. For example, it would be nice to have more font choices and if the editor would remember font color choices that are most used (it refreshes after saving). Sometimes the editor doesn't hold your font choice and so you have to go back and select your font choice again.
  • AWeber's editor functionality takes a little getting used to. Sometimes you have to line your image or paragraph blocks up differently than it looks in the editor. I always TEST my emails to make sure images and text aline nicely in the final email, overall it is a good layout and is still easier and less time consuming than writing html newsletters:)
  • It would be nice if AWeber created more customizable social media share buttons you could insert (as an option) that can be used when creating newsletters and blogs.
  • The url/link button could use some improvement as far as work flow goes, it is easy to link text or make a url live, but not easy to break the link on words, usually you have to delete and re-write the words.
  • AWeber should move the pop up image edit box over to the right more for a better work flow, so it doesn't overlap the editor, it makes it hard to delete and move blocks when it is overlapped with the pop up editor.
  • AWeber blog broadcasts are not very appealing visually.
  • It would be nice if AWeber provided more plain/customizable templates for your own branding that allows for background colors that match your branding for newsletter and blogs.
AWeber provides integration with other programs and gateways which makes it more versatile. You can integrate it with Paypal, WordPress, WordPress eStore, LeadPages, WishList, Etsy, Facebook and many other applications and systems. If you are looking for a communications/list building/email system at a fair price that will integrate with each of these pieces then AWeber would be a great choice.
Read Nichol Skaggs's full review
Rick Hindman profile photo
April 25, 2014

Review: "I've used AWeber for some of my clients and I'm OK with that!"

I don't personally use AWeber for my company. I am a freelance graphic designer and web designer/manager and some of my clients have used AWeber in the past.
  • Setting up client segment lists is very easy and intuitive to do.
  • Creating email sequences is also very easy to do - once an acceptable template is created.
  • The opt-in forms that I have set up for clients to use work smoothly and I don't recall any instance where one failed.
  • I wish there was a way to put opt-in sequences into a "test mode" so that someone like me can opt-into a list multiple times without having to go into AWeber and delete my record every time.
  • I think it should be really easy to have people added to multiple lists when they fill out a single form
I think for a company with a fairly small customer base, AWeber is on par with similar programs like 1ShoppingCart & Constant Contact.
Read Rick Hindman's full review
Ron Davis profile photo
April 16, 2014

AWeber Review: "It's a Good Starter Service, but There Are Problems Long Term"

I've used AWeber both to manage email lists for my own websites and implemented custom software for client websites. For my own sites, I installed web sign-up forms, created autoresponder series, and sent broadcast messages. As a consultant I have written custom code to move addresses between email lists and to synchronize AWeber email lists and other email providers via the AWeber API.
  • Getting started is easy. You can have an email list created and on your website in minutes.
  • Auto-responder series are easy and intuitive to set up.
  • They provide excellent support via their forums for their API.
  • AWeber's delivery rate is at the top of the industry.
  • Aweber has very specific rules for how you can add addresses to their email lists. This improves deliverability but can interfere with normal business practices.
  • You can do things via the API you can't via the web interface, like move a subscriber from one list to another.
  • AWeber has not way to "hibernate" your list. Pricing is strictly on how many people are on your lists, even if you aren't sending any emails. Therefore it is easy to get into a situation where you are paying for a higher tier of service than you are using because your total list size is big, but you only send to part of it.
When you are new and have no list, or a small list, it is great. It's the starter service. It works well for larger lists to, but the costs go up, so you'd better be generating income from those bigger lists. If you need to send emails based on what a user does in another email, there isn't any support for that.
Read Ron Davis's full review
Carrie Monroe profile photo
April 19, 2014

User Review: "Highly Recommend AWeber"

With a former employer, I used this product to send out a weekly newsletter to all our clients and others that signed up to receive it. Since our internal email system was gmail, it addressed the issue of emails being considered spam.
  • Statistics function was very helpful
  • Keeping track of how many people opened the email
  • Keeping track of how many people actually clicked the link we provided in the email
  • Keeping track of how many times an email was actually opened and re-opened by one person
  • It wasn't always easy to find one specific person in the contact list without exact spelling
  • Email post spacing didn't always come out the way we wanted, but self-testing helped resolve this issue
Aweber was great for email blasts and since users clicked a link to be included our newsletters didn't end up in the Spam folder.
Read Carrie Monroe's full review
Lisa Wells profile photo
November 30, 2013

"Quick AWeber Review"

• I like the WYSIWYG features in Aweber. Many times what is setup in the control panel is different when received via email, and this isn't the case with Aweber.
  • Ability to use own HTML for custom newsletters.
  • Scheduling features when sending broadcasts lets me send at a specific time and date.
  • I understand the CAN-SPAM act and the need to enforce, but I wish there was a way to add users who have already given permission to the subscriber list without having to double opt-in.
  • I'd like the ability to "move" subscribers from list to list.
  • The templates that come standard with the program are difficult to edit and are sometimes 'boxy' looking. Thus, my preference for using HTML for the custom newsletters. Just looks more professional and pleasing.
My best advice is to look two years down the road and envision what your business would look like. Many times people get a program that is way too robust and has so many bells and whistles that the customer will never need. But if your goal is to do affiliate marketing, sell information, run a coaching program, and keep in touch with interested subscribers to convert them to clients and customers down the road, this is the perfect program.
Read Lisa Wells's full review
September 04, 2015

User Review: "AWeber beats the Chimp, hands down."

We used AWeber to design and send e-blasts (and track them) for our business WomensHealthMadeSimple.com which was an off-shoot of MenopauseReliefToday.com (for which we also used AWeber). AWeber was very helpful in providing templates or letting us create our own, and it was very easy to track our success with opens and click-throughs. It is MUCH MUCH easier to use than MailChimp. MUCH better UI.
  • MUCH better UI than MailChimp. For those of you who don't know what UI is, it's "user interface." MailChimp's user interface is horribly confusing. AWeber makes things SIMPLE and you never get kicked to a different website for help, and you can find the buttons. I'm a programmer and I am happy that AWeber is easy for people to understand.
  • Easy to use and understand their statistics and their setup. It's also MUCH easier to program your own template. MailChimp makes it really hard with declarations and extra specialized code languaging that's proprietary, and so I loved the fact that AWeber makes things EASY.
  • In addition to my womenshealthmadesimple.com business I used AWeber in, I also recommended AWeber to my advertising and marketing clients from my other business GraphicAlchemyOnline.com that I owned.
  • The one thing MailChimp has that AWeber doesn't is that test where the template code gets sent to about 15 different browser types on mobile and web. You can view which ones break the code or otherwise show the template very funky. That is most helpful and that is the ONLY thing I'd recommend that AWeber changes.
Are you importing a list from somewhere else and do you think the subscriber is likely to resubscribe? If they are unsure, I would recommend MailChimp because they don't make the person resubscribe. AWeber makes the person resubscribe. When it's an imported list and you're changing providers, you're likely to wind up in spam. So it's kind of irritating that AWeber will kick people off your already subscribed list if they don't subscribe a second time.
April 16, 2014

User Review: "Love Aweber!"

I use it for all 3 of my businesses as a solo-preneur. I have a career coaching business, vacation blog, and a vertical jump workout video for basketball players. It is an easy to use and reliable email marketing system!
  • Non-HTML email options
  • Great track record for delivering your emails
  • Intuitive design
  • I think the use of the button in the body of the email could be easier to use
I recommend it to all my business customers. The only senerio that I don't is when the business owner is just starting out and are on a tight budget, then I recommend mailchimps free option

WYSIWYG email editor (11)
6.1
A/B testing (4)
6.5
Mobile optimization (9)
5.2
Email deliverability (12)
List management (12)
6.3
Triggered drip sequences (10)
Dashboards (8)
6.7
Standard reports (12)
Custom reports (8)

About AWeber

AWeber is comprised of email marketing and automation tools which the vendor says are trusted by over 100,000 entrepreneurs and small businesses. The vendor aims to help companies turn passive prospects into loyal customers with mobile-friendly HTML email newsletters, engaging autoresponder campaigns, subscriber segmentation and management, RSS-to-email features, signup forms for your website or blog, and more. Live customer support, 100 app integrations and free mobile apps to grow and manage email lists are included.

AWeber Features

Email & Online Marketing Features
Has featureWYSIWYG email editor
Does not have featureDynamic content
Does not have featureAbility to test dynamic content
Does not have featureLanding pages
Does not have featureA/B testing
Has featureMobile optimization
Has featureCustom reports
Has featureSubscriber segmentation

AWeber Screenshots

AWeber Integrations

WordPress, Leadpages, Drupal, Cyfe, Geckoboard, RavenTools, Rafflecopter, Antavo, Shopify, Magento Commerce Cloud (formerly Magento), Woobox, Unbounce, Instapage, KickoffLabs, ManyContacts, Salesforce.com, Zendesk, Wistia, Eventbrite, MeetingBurner, ShortStack, 2Checkout, WooCommerce, Wishpond, Zapier, Vzaar, Facebook, PayPal, Rainmaker, Launch Effect, Heyo, ViralSweep, Gleam, Contest Domination, Clickbank, Zaxaa, Etsy, Moonclerk, @Pay, Selz, Ultracart, StoreYa, SumoMe, OptimizePress, Meg, Lander, OptinMonster, Digioh, MailMunch, PadiAct, Justuno, Elevatr, OnSpot Social, Pippity, SplashPost, AddThis, Privy, Member Mouse, aMember Pro, Member Sonic, Wishlist, AW Pro Tools, Viewbix, FormGet, Ez Texting, CallLoop

AWeber Competitors

After a 30-day free trial, pricing is determined based on the total number of subscribers in your account. Pricing starts as low as $19/mo. Additional savings are available by paying quarterly or annually.

AWeber Support Options