Likelihood to Recommend
Social Mention is a great tool for monitoring social media. This Tool can also be used to search specifically taking the keywords in the blogs, comments, news etc. It offers a third party API for users. It can be used to send email to clients of their brand performance data. This tool can indicate if your mentions are angry, happy or neutral but the data can't be reliable.
Employee in Information TechnologyInternet Company, 51-200 employees
- Can predict future response from today's number.
- Let's you judge which types of campaigns to run.
- Has a very well managed dashboard of results.
Engineer in EngineeringConstruction Company, 10,001+ employees
- Under the "Free" dashboard you are limited to only receiving weekly results.
- Can't negate those tags which contain my tags.
- Lots of tweets missing, no noise filtering. Sometimes we get very old contents which are not needed.
Engineer in Information TechnologyInternet Company, 11-50 employees
Likelihood to Renew
Social Mention 8.0
Based on 5 answers
I love that Social Mention is so easy to use. It does not take a long time to learn how to navigate the site when you need information quickly. I don't use it as much in my new job, but I recommend it for basic monitoring and when you need social media information right away
Social Mention 7.0
Based on 1 answer
It doesn't work as well since we changed our name. We used to have a very unique twitter handle etc. so it was easier for social mention to find us. For folks who have unique names it's excellent if you don't it may not be that helpful.
Social Mention streamed everything together, calculated my sentiment for me, allows me to filter what results I am personally looking for, extract my RSS feed and navigate to one of the channels of buzz.
Return on Investment
- The paid-version actually had a negative ROI for us as it would sometimes feed us topically inappropriate articles and didn't allow us to filter by source so as to eliminate inappropriate blogs and inappropriate news sources (like highly politically partisan ones).
Consultant in Information TechnologyInformation Services Company, 1-10 employees
Premium Consulting/Integration Services—
Entry-level set up fee?