Platform User Management (5)
Platform Security (5)
Visual Modeling (5)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Zoho Creator, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Zoho Creator is a low-code application development software that is designed to help businesses digitize their operations without the hassle of traditional development. Create apps on the web, publish, and use them on iOS and Android devices with multi-platform access. The platform lets businesses of all sizes
1. Manage their data and workflows,
2. Derive insights from their database, and
3. Link-up with existing software.
The Zoho Creator platform is built to address the uniqueness of each business. It boasts more than 13,000 businesses with an excess of 7 million users around the world as users for custom applications.
- Supported: Visual Modeling
- Supported: Drag-and-drop Interfaces
- Supported: Platform Security
- Supported: Platform User Management
- Supported: Reusability
- Supported: Platform Scalability
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||60%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||20%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||15%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
- We can build easy tools with low coding.
- Any type of automations we can create.
- Now there is no improvement needed all are satisfied.
- If any use-case requires a workflow, it does really well.
- The ability to read data from different sources is good.
- Options to parse data and fetch relevant details is also one thing I like.
- Integrations with many SaaS applications can be improved.
- Running loops can also be improved in workflow.
- Extremely customizable for any need
- Excellent options for reports, both public and private
- Powerful ability to link databases for deeper sets of data
- Very very powerful programming language for custom applications
- Zoho Creator's new version isn't as well documented as older versions. The changes were dramatic so it's hard to find help relevant to Version 5.
- Zoho Creator is so powerful, it is sometimes TOO powerful. It can be intimidating if your needs are very basic.
- The new version of Zoho Creator was meant to be more intuitive, but after using it compared to the previous version 4, we find it's often more difficult to accomplish the same tasks.
- The search feature, while powerful, is also cumbersome. Ideally, it would be simplified if possible.
The upgrade only took seconds, but the learning curve to use the new UI was more steep than anyone on our staff would have liked. The version 5 interface was so drastically different, almost everything had to be re-learned. Nothing was the same. The upgrade, frankly, was TOO drastic.
- Low-code skills needed to create complex process.
- Easy to learn.
- Best for simple form design software (that don't need 'beautiful' design).
- A bit tricky for integrations with 3rd party software.
- Layout customizations very limited.
- A bit expensive when you need to give access to many users.
- User Interface is great.
- Updates are on time.
- Android App is great.
- Quick Delivery.
- Sometimes the android app faces some problems displaying email, and it keeps loading.
- It doesn't show the OTP screen when logging in through the WEB sometimes.
- If you need a unique email.
- If you don't find a username, you desire to use it on Gmail.
- Best security features.
- It can be used anywhere with a mobile App.
- Well organized Inbox.
- Well, categorize emails into Spam.
- I have found the support team to be personable, thorough, helpful, and, most of all, concerned to ensure that I'm getting what I need. from my subscription. They've helped me with setup, configuration, and found solutions to my key problems.
- The ease of creating data collecting forms. Anything from creating a form to import all your old excel documents to creating a mobile on-site application where you can input data directly into the app. For a company like us this can help to eliminate the pen and paper approach to recording data.
- Reporting features are excellent. Slicing and dicing the data from your forms to create any report is possible. Think of it has filters on steroids. The ability to combine data from different forms is a huge plus.
- Dashboards! Zoho Creator has so much depth to it that it's easy for one to get lost if they are not as familiar with Creator, for example an exuctive or decision making manager. This is where dashboards come in. Admins can build intuitive and smart dashboards that combine all the relevant KPI's that a manager needs to see.
- Zoho Creator has their own scripting language, Deluge, which is the powerful engine behind what makes Zoho Creator so great. Problem is if you have no coding background it can be a bit difficult to learn, and use to it's full potential.
- The new UI is awesome, except for parts of the homepage. I wish there was a bit more room for custimization and organization of all your stored apps.
- The ability to create documents or what they once called record summaries from your stored data. This is our most requested feature for them to add, is an integration with a word processor such as Zoho Writer and the ability to create mail merge like documents within the app.
- Workflow efficiencies: Automated emails triggered by a user response has saved our College a huge amount of time and our users are very impressed about confirmation emails and the immediacy of our 'replies'.
- Scheduled csv report exports which are then incorporated into our network database, easily.
- The ability to develop an app which meets the specific needs of any organisation is the clincher. We have spent far too much money on 'off the shelf' IT 'solutions' which always lack the capacity to be adjusted. Creator, true to it's name, enables us to do (nearly) anything that we want to do. The scripting language is intuitive and is easy to learn. (I'm 62 yo and the last time that I wrote script was over 40 years ago - I was a Maths teacher in the interim )
- None, really. They have gone to a new interface which appears to be trying to be more user friendly. I'm not a fan because the power of ZOHO Creator is the ability to free script or (script builder) , which you can still do, but you need to navigate a dashboard designed for people who should probably look for off the shelf solutions.
The deal is that you need someone in your organisation to have the inspiration to make it happen. You need a Creator! (With a very basic inclination/capacity to script.)
- Allows us to have an app for our exact needs. We had searched and searched for solutions and even tried some off-the-shelf, ready built apps but none of them were complete. With Zoho Creator we were able to create the app that we needed.
- We have the ability to access our app across all devices.
- We also have the ability to update and add functions to the app as we discover and identify other needs.
- I think that Zoho Creator needs to have better training tools made for the non-developer user. The marketing information makes it sound like you can build an app with no real coding knowledge. From my experience, that is simply not true. There are things that are relatively simple to do, but other things definitely need more advanced coding.
- Prototype a form and database in under 5 minutes
- Automation of business workflows
- Easily import or export large databases
- Create a dashboard of graphs and charts that update in realtime
- Programmatic manipulations of large databases often run into usage limits for Deluge Statements
- Limited GUI customizations but they are working on that
- It's often hard to identify where some code is generating a bug
- The Zoho team is constantly updating the platform capabilities: this may cause instability in current applications
- Easy to program.
- Does a lot of the work for you in database creation and manipulation.
- Hosted already so you don't have to figure out your own hosting solution.
- Control - Zoho allows you complete control and portability over your data.
- Integration with other web services.
- Design tools to control the look and feel could be improved. I believe they are working on this.
- Ability to store very sensitive information, such as social security numbers/encrypted database.
- Easier way to manage multiple access profiles available to web/customer users.