Reviews (1-6 of 6)
- This software is FREE. However, it gets even better with the paid version.
- Bid Solicitation. It reaches a larger number of subcontractors, and builds a subcontractor database to utilize for every job.
- Prints reports that list all the bidders on a project and their bid status. This is great to print out before a bid to have contact information at the tip of your fingers.
- Messaging is a great way to reach the entire project for Addenda, scope sheets, clarifications, etc.
- It logs exactly when a subcontractor downloads and views the plans/specifications/etc.
- It's super easy to invite new contractors and find subcontractors who are already "qualified" in BuildingConnected's database.
- All of these features are dwarfed when you compare it to how incredible the customer service is. Real humans listen to every concern you have and actually make changes based on feedback. This is a fantastic program run by amazing people.
- The clean user interface makes it easy to navigate to what you need in seconds.
- Massive Sub-Contractor database makes it easy to expand your searches and coverage with ease.
- Pre-qualifications. BuildingConnected has a TON of contractors and sometimes we get somebody on there that we don't personally know. Pre-qualifying them right through BuildingConnected means they can start working for us asap.
- Some features are missing. Organizing subs by most used and an RFI log most notably.
- Keeps track of jobs bidding for me, on the website and my office calendar.
- Allows me to download plans.
- Keeps track of bidders on the job.
- The only problem I have with BuildingConnected is you have to forward your bid invites to them one at a time, I would like it more if I could send them all at one time and they sort them out. When you get 50 invites a day it's time-consuming.
- Invite subcontractors to price a project.
- Share documents with subcontractors interested in pricing a project.
- Keep and track internal notes of conversations so that the project team can coordinate responsibilities of communication.
- Bid leveling capabilities so that we are comparing "apples to apples."
- Making sure subcontractors' information in the system is complete and accurate.
- Tracking the history of subcontractors responses to invitations company-wide.
- Once a package has been published, you cannot go back and un-publish it.
- BuildingConnected is very user-friendly. It's very hard to "get lost" in the system and is relatively easy for someone new to learn how to use.
- BuildingConnected has an excellent support email set up. When I have sent an email asking them to help a subcontractor get logged in - the response rate is often very quick and typically they are able to effectively solve the issue.
- Their web-based system is never down, at least not that I can remember. It makes me trust their system.
- They are somewhat pushy with wanting companies to upgrade for their paid version. While some of the capabilities of their paid version are worthwhile, we have found that our office would not use most of the features and therefore it's hard for us to justify paying for the upgraded side.
- The file system they have is overall very user-friendly, but if you happen to have a lot of files, it does not give you a count anywhere of how many files you've uploaded and so you still have to check and make sure everything has gone through successfully.
- Their Subcontractor database is built based on companies, such as our ourselves, adding companies to it. What this means is that some locations around the United States have a lot of companies listed while some have next to none. There are also no private listings so once you add the name into the system, it's fair game for your competitors to find the same ones.
BuildingConnected Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
BuildingConnected is an online preconstruction communications and bidding management platform. It heavily features a communications network and online database of and for general contractors, subcontractors, and owners. BuildingConnected is designed for functionality for each of these groups.
General contractors are offered bid management and comparison capabilities. BuildingConnected also supports historical cost and relationship tracking and real-time reporting for live projects. TradeTapp also assists with subcontractor prequalification processes.
BuildingConnected’s primary offering for subcontractors is an online Bid Board designed to enable full visibility and workflow within subcontractors’ organizations during the bidding process. The bid board features bid analytics, estimator performance tracking, and other reporting capabilities. It also allows for variable user permissions for data security purposes.
BuildingConnected provides real estate owners with access to its online network of general contractors and subcontractors. It also provides online bidding support.
BuildingConnected Technical Details