DealRoom

DealRoom Reviews

Do you work for this company? Learn how we help vendors

Ratings and Reviews

We've been using the virtual data room to safely store and track important documents at our organization.
  • Eliminates redundancy and streamlines assignments
  • Crucial documents are not only safely stored but also trackable
  • User-friendly and intuitive software that just looks good
  • Support staff was responsive and flexible in meeting concerns
  • Any issues were resolved quickly
This software is comprehensive and made to fit a variety of scenarios. There are options for all parties involved in the transaction. Their virtual data room could honestly be used by any organization that wants protected and trackable documents.
March 12, 2021

M&A Use of DealRoom

For M&A, across all departments, the main problem it addresses is collaboration towards deadlines.
  • navigation
  • cooperation
  • focused vs. global notes
  • Honestly I don't find that any of it is hard to use
  • I can see it being modified to serve as a contract lifecycle management tool
I can't talk about that.
We typically use it for securely exchanging data with our clients. DealRoom provides a great interface to tracking all outstanding data requests and ensuring that sensitive data is access controlled. DealRoom's downloading features are well designed. Downloading files from DealRoom does not mess up folder structure (unlike other providers) and does not truncate the file names. Overall, I am a satisfied user of DealRoom
  • Folder Structure is easy to navigate. Interface refreshes only when you need it to. Saves time
  • Finding latest uploaded documents is very easy
  • Can print out folder index very easily
  • Download packaging is well designed and is generally faster than other VDRs
  • I would like a drag and drop interface for printing out folder structure. It is just easy to do it on your own rather than using the default option
  • Preview feature for documents should be available. Saves a ton of time !
  • Ask me to download if I am clicking on a link. Do not start download immediately
Well suited for projects where a large number of files need to be securely exchanged with clients. Not very suitable if the engagement does not involve heavy data exchange. We have used it in multiple M&A and due diligence projects and it works like a charm. I strongly recommend DealRoom
DealRoom is the best data room platform we use - clean interface and strong analytics are tremendously helpful to our deal teams as we work with third-party diligence providers and juggle hundreds of data requests.
  • Clean, easy-to-use interface
  • Advance analytical capabilities
  • n/a
Well suited to managing data requests / complicated multiparty processes
I am using it to review documents provided for due diligence review - Acquisition of an entity
  • Fast downloading
  • Organized folders
  • Clear separation between request and data room
  • Search options don't include filters (such as search by title of docs)

I found the possibility of separating the clients' responses to requests from the documents uploaded in the data room is really helpful.

Searching documents can be challenging without filters to narrow it down.

DealRoom is being used by my department to streamline M&A evaluation and collaboration
  • User Friendly
  • Collaborative
  • Too many notifications from DealRoom and not sure how to mute
During my experience using DealRoom I found the site easy to use and very user friendly. My only complaint would be that I received several email notifications everyday and could not find a way to mute this feature.
Jessica Casale | TrustRadius Reviewer
One of the companies that I freelance write for utilizes DealRoom as its virtual data room. Primarily, it is used for organization-wide project and task management. It helps various teams and business units to efficiently communicate, collaborate, and securely exchange documents.
  • Super intuitive and easy to use
  • Helps tremendously with organization and accountability
  • Awesome and helpful team!
  • I haven't run into any major issues yet!
In my experience, I found it to be great for project and task management. When something comes up for me to work on, I am assigned a task with all of the necessary information, e.g. resources, description, and urgency. I work remotely so it has made staying connected and informed easy and efficient.
Andrea Hoch | TrustRadius Reviewer
DealRoom has provided a safe and secure way for my company to share information and data with clients and investors. Not only is it easy to use and efficient, but the customer service provided by DealRoom is wonderful.
  • DealRoom does an excellent job of providing training to new users.
  • The software is easy to use, yet sophisticated.
  • DealRoom doesn't currently have an option for automatic weekly user analytics. I hope to see this feature implemented soon.
  • The software is easy to use, as mentioned before, however, utilizing the setting buttons for folder structures can be difficult to understand at first.
DealRoom is well suited for any circumstance where an NDA is required before sharing information with another party. It's useful in scenarios where you'd like to track what documents people are viewing and when.
We use DealRoom for M&A transactions within our Investment Bank. The platform is used by several of our teams across multiple industry groups and deal sizes. DealRoom not only provides a cost-effective data site solution, but offers superior functionality, simplicity, and speed. This platform enables users to streamline diligence and save time, effort and money on behalf of both users and clients.
  • Fixed cost pricing is unique and refreshing. Saves headache and worry throughout the process and with the client.
  • Internal Diligence Tracking through the requests feature is a game-changer. Prevents inefficient excel trackers and unnecessary emails throughout the process.
  • GUI and interface are clean and easy to use.
  • Customer support and response to inquires is timely and helpful.
  • Only issue is that it is not a brand name (like Intralinks, Merrrill etc). Some clients prefer familiarity, but the platform and service is the best there is. Would use in all situations if it were possible.
Great for all deals where people prefer efficiency, low-cost, and ease of use.
We have been using DealRoom as a virtual data room solution for our company. We stored secure documents and shared between different parties and customers. We have also used their requests feature for internal process management.
  • It was easy to use and support helped us a lot with everything. We are extremely pleased with the service they provide. It's very easy to drag and drop files and set permissions for documents. Their requests functionality is also very useful and helped us track process.
  • A couple of our team members did not receive invitation letters due to some mail filtering system, but their support guys resolved this issue very fast.
- Easy drag & drop file uploading.
- Tasks management system and progress tracking.
- Different permissions from just view access and up to upload and edit.
Support is very friendly and answers fast.
We use DealRoom in our M&A processes. Typically, we engage the data room provider right at the beginning of the engagement and use the platform for initial document collection, data room sharing with buyers, and throughout general due diligence.
  • Fast document upload speed
  • Robust due diligence capabilities
  • Simplicity
  • Advanced Analytics
  • Collaboration capabilities allows both buyer and seller to interact extensively
To be frank, DealRoom is an excellent data room provider. The platform is easy to use and is one of the better-- if not the best-- products out there from a data room perspective. I highly recommend using this product for all M&A engagements. It is easy to use and will save hours of time.

What is DealRoom?

DealRoom promises to create a better M&A experience for you and your client. The vendor says that data storage, diligence tracking, and communication tools are all on one integrated smart platform, which allows users to eliminate duplicate work, track progress and get insightful analytics. The platform aims to make M&A deals more predictable, consistent, and Agile.

DealRoom Features

• Supported: Drag-and-drop capabilities
  • Supported: Smart Search
  • Supported: Pipeline Management
  • Supported: Live-link Documents
  • Supported: Progress Reporting

DealRoom Screenshots

main pagedrag-and-dropfull text searchpermissionsvisual requests list

DealRoom Videos