Reviews (1-4 of 4)
January 07, 2020
I am a sales representative/estimator for a large cabling contractor in Memphis. I needed a product to assist me in quoting large and complex low voltage cabling projects. Several of us in my office use it to do takeoffs on these projects. It also provides bid management and unit costing of material and labor. It is so beneficial that we were willing to pay the small monthly cost for it ourselves if necessary - it is that useful of a tool. I can not imagine quoting a large project without it now.
- Allows me to mark off cable locations once to ensure they are counted and not missed, my favorite part of the software.
- Provides a pre-loaded database of frequently used materials with associated labor costs for labor calculation. All fully adjustable to your particular needs. And generates a quote based upon your hourly rates, mark up, etc. All fully adjustable to your standards or special project calculations.
- I use just part of the software, and they frequently enhance the software so I really have no additional needs at this time.
Read Noel Pennington's full review
I use it as a low voltage contractor. I know it is usable by other types of contractors. If it works this good for us, I am sure it is just as beneficial for others in the industries they support.
Esticom is the tool we use to estimate jobs, both residential and commercial. It addresses us being able to look at a bid from multiple angles and also know measurements and easily change/adjust those if there is a change in a job bid. Before we would "guesstimate" on something, so if there was a small change, we wouldn't really be able to give a very reliable change number.
- Drawings are much easier to see and available to the whole group without needing to log into personal sites for each set.
- The ability to put measurements on the drawings for bidding.
- The help group ranges from being fantastic to mediocre. If you get a support person that seems to be less than amazing, let them know. I've got a specific person now, but if I would have not voiced my concerns, my review would be much different now.
- They are continuing to improve, but don't always let you know when there have been changes made. You need to reach out to them at least once a year to check-in.
Read Erin Lawwill's full review
I think Esticom is a great option for small to medium-sized businesses where fewer people are doing more things. There are other options out there, with more bells and whistles, but Esticom keeps things pretty simple and easy to use. They also allow you to use the software for a couple of days before you commit, so when you do have your training, you have more of an idea of things you have questions about. I really liked that.
January 24, 2020
Esticom is used mainly for quote generation. Its primarily used by our engineering and design teams. The sales team also has limited access to membership. This software solves the solution of take off's, markup's and estimates all in one package.
Read this authenticated review
I would think that any service or construction outfit could utilize this software effectively.
January 15, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
Esticom is used throughout my company to help estimate new project opportunities. By using Esticom to mark up drawings sent to us by clients it helps us save countless hours each week compared to our old method of printing the drawings and using a highlighter. It also becomes extremely useful when designing projects for clients. You are able to upload your drawings and add symbols using Esticom.
Read this authenticated review
Esticom is well suited for anyone in an estimator or project manager type role. It allows the user to quickly and accurately get device counts. This helps ensure the correct equipment is purchased and used. The design capabilities with Esticom is also a great feature and has contributed in me being awarded projects by having a rough design to show my client.
Esticom Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Esticom headquartered in Austin provides their application supporting takeoff, estimation and collaboration on construction projects from anywhere with real-time access to plans, labor, material database and pricing.
Esticom Technical Details