Reviews (1-2 of 2)
October 23, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
It is currently being used in our department as a research tool. It generally provides us with company and merger & acquisition information. It does allow one to do company screenings on specific industries and lets us download filings of public companies in a more compressed format.
- FactSet maintains company filings and presentations of publicly listed companies and it does so in a really good way because the tool compresses the file and lets you download it easily. FactSet's compresses annual reports/presentations with normal sizes ranging from 10-15mb when downloaded from original sources into 2-4mb sizes. If you are a company/person who needs to maintain big fikes like these time and time again, it is a really good feature.
- Creation of a public information book in FactSet is really easy. Anyone who is technologically inclined can actually use it with ease even without training.
- Their mergers and acquisition information is actually better than others. It's not perfect but I think it is actually a bit better than standard.
- Private company information. It is understandable that private companies barely have publicly available information in them but as compared to their peers, factset's database maintains very basic and incomplete information on private companies.
- Tend to have bugs and can be quite slow. I have not experienced this recently but it used be so slow with bugs from time to time. Maybe they have already addressed it but if not, it could be a room for improvement
- Company screenings could be improved. Company screening functionality from other competitors are just easier to use and are more complete/accurate
Read Ira Mae Ramos's full review
If you are a company doing research for your clients or you are an investment manager who normally needs information on companies engaged in certain industries; or if you are interested in M&A, then this database is for you.
FactSet is used for verifying and enhancing data related to companies in the financial services industry. I primarily update existing accounts in our CRM.
Read this authenticated review
FactSet is good for researching the financial industry. There are some other industries, but primarily, this site is for users in finance.
FactSet Scorecard Summary
Categories: Financial Risk Management
FactSet Technical Details