https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/wy/IC/TRNF6MGV95ZQ.gifNVU needs updates.NVU is used by the whole marketing team & the owner of the company which consists of about 5 of us. We use it to create Landing Pages for our website, marriagemax.com. It is very frustrating that I can't adjust the text boxes to make them larger without them jumping & as a result, messing up the entire view of the web page.,It allows me to easily create the Landing Pages for my company. I can easily create a copy of an NVU file & then rename it in order to create a new file. Then once I've made the necessary changes to the new file, I just drag & drop the new file into our backend to automatically upload to our site. It allows me to edit text fairly easily. I can drag & drop the text within a text box.,I can't widen a text box without it jumping & messing up the entire Landing Page. I can't drag text from one text box into another. The text settings change if I don't copy a word that already exists in a word box & paste it into the new line of text before starting to type a new sentence. Sometimes I try to open a Landing Page to edit it & it says that NVU is unavailable & I have to close the program & try again.,3,I think my boss has actually decided to stop using NVU to create & edit our webpages because of it's lack of updates & features for editing text. It takes me a lot of time trying to adjust text boxes to get them to fit on the Landing Page correctly with the entire desired content.,AdWords, Bing Ads
NVU

NVU Reviews

NVU
Filter 1 vetted NVU reviews and ratings
December 19, 2016

User Review: "NVU needs updates."

• It allows me to easily create the Landing Pages for my company. I can easily create a copy of an NVU file & then rename it in order to create a new file. Then once I've made the necessary changes to the new file, I just drag & drop the new file into our backend to automatically upload to our site.
  • It allows me to edit text fairly easily. I can drag & drop the text within a text box.
  • I can't widen a text box without it jumping & messing up the entire Landing Page.
  • I can't drag text from one text box into another.
  • The text settings change if I don't copy a word that already exists in a word box & paste it into the new line of text before starting to type a new sentence.
  • Sometimes I try to open a Landing Page to edit it & it says that NVU is unavailable & I have to close the program & try again.
NVU is an easy self explanatory program that helps us edit the Landing Pages for the company for which I work. However, many of the features of being able to edit text & text boxes is out of date & very jumpy. I often have to rewrite sentences in order to fit better on a line because I can't adjust the text box without it messing up the entire Landing Page.

NVU Scorecard Summary

API (1)
Page templates (1)
Library of website themes (1)
Form generator (1)
Bulk management (1)
Community / comment management (1)

About NVU

NVU is an open source web authoring tool for Linux, Windows, and Mac. It is designed to allow users to create web pages and manage a website with no technical expertise or knowledge of HTML.