Reviews (1-2 of 2)
As an IT service provider we use TrueSight Operations to monitor all of the IT infrastructure of our company but also of our clients from many industries. Having a single console where we can monitor and manage just about every OS from Windows, through the Unix flavors and to the more rare like IBM iSeries, many types of databases, web site transactions, mail engines and network devices and then apply multiple layers of analytics to the resulting data gives us an edge.
- The ability to have a single URL and a consistent user interface for all types of systems keeps training costs down. When we train someone to leverage MS SQL monitoring they just learned everything they need to monitor Windows or Linux.
- Event management is powerful in TrueSight. We had a solution from another vendor running for one customer to monitor their F5 load balancers and the resulting ticket noise was averaging over 11,000 tickets per month. Within two weeks of moving that to BMC we got the monthly average down to 400 tickets per month.
- A single agent to manage it all. We have tools from another vendor and to manage an e-commerce server it was common to have to have 3 or 4 separate agents installed to collect everything we needed for monitoring. With TrueSight it all comes from the newly enhanced, streaming, Patrol Agent. Just add Knowledge Modules to the agent (which are remotely deployed and managed) and you can monitor just about anything from a single agent.
- BMC has elected to not build in network monitoring which has always been a problem for us. They do have an excellent partner in Entuity for that but purchasing from a partner means separate contract talks.
- They are merging in many old products into an every growing TrueSight tool but some tools have seen features dropped on the initial move and then we have to wait for future releases for the features to be added back in.
Read Sean O'Brien's full review
If you have a large or complex environment then this tool can be the perfect fit. From many types of OS, database, applications and web sites supported out of the box and powerful customization ability, TrueSight can manage the most complex. If you have a simple or small IT shop then this tool suite may be over-kill and not worth the complexity to set up.
In our current environment TrueSight Operations is mainly utilized and consumed by our Network Operations Center. Working in the healthcare industry it is extremely important that our systems be available 24x7x365. Our presentation console is displayed on a large screen with our technicians being our first line of defense for alerts. The NOC is staffed 24 hours a day 365 days a year providing an eye on our systems at all times. We currently also have some application teams who utilize it also.
- Providing quick and accurate alerts
- Provides users with tools to investigate events
- Provides a quick easy solution for searching log files
- Hardware monitoring built in as a standard feature of TrueSight Operations Management rather than a separately bought product
Read Benjamin McKrill's full review
I believe TrueSight Operations is well suited for any company that must have their systems available at all times. The ability to adjust polling cycles and monitor so many factions of your environment help to identify issues before they actually become larger issues. Having a team of professionals continuously monitoring for issues allows for more efficient running of your data center
TrueSight Operations Management Scorecard Summary
About TrueSight Operations Management
TrueSight Operations Management Screenshots
TrueSight Operations Management Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
TrueSight Operations Management Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
TrueSight Operations Management Technical Details
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux|
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||All Geographies|
|Supported Languages:||English, Simplified Chinese, German|