Abila MIP Fund Accounting Review 35 of 313
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Review: "Non Profit accounting solutions"
https://www.trustradius.com/accountingMIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)Unspecified8.1614101
Luis Godoy profile photo
Updated January 11, 2018

Abila MIP Fund Accounting Review: "Non Profit accounting solutions"

Score 8 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting

We use Abila MIP to do the process on most of our checks. It is an easy software to use, and it allows our organization to keep track of all of our expense records. We can check our records at all times, and verify dates and totals paid. We also find it to be very helpful for our year end audits. We can run a variety of reports sorted by GL accounts, by dates, and other. The only thing I don't like is that some reports are buggy. For example I cannot run a report that includes both check numbers, and GL numbers on the same report. The tech support is excellent. I have called them up for some issues and they usually resolve my issues the same day.
  • Ability to run various reports based on the data available
  • Ability to import Excel data into MIP
  • Tech support is fast
  • Reports could be more functional - have the ability to have both GLs and check numbers on reports
  • Some issues with license validation at random the software will decide not to work
  • Addition of new features more often
  • Add address verification support like ADP. ADP can verify addresses without having to google.
  • A lot of time saving on processes. With the addition of the import feature it has cut our data entry in half.
It is very effective in keeping track of our different funds, locations, and GL accounts. By entering data and recording location codes and fund accounts in our transactions with MIP, we can later create custom reports that can arrange this date into multiple informational reports that can be extracted in seconds.
This software is great for non profit organizations that need to comply with yearly audits. Its saves our organization a lot of time to be able to run reports for our yearly audit. The reports can easily be run, and new reports can be created with ease with little experience.

Abila MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings

Role-based user permissions
Single sign-on capability

Using Abila MIP Fund Accounting

Support Headcount Required

4 - We have 2 accounting clerks and 2 bookkeepers that all use MIP accounting. We use MIP to pay all of our invoices from various vendors both large and small. We also use MIP to do all of our year end audit reports. and it is really helpful to use it to quickly calculate and invoice the total cost for a specific vendor, or various vendors.

Business Processes Supported

• Cutting checks
  • Running reports
  • creating vendors

Innovative Uses

• Running custom reports based on data entered during use.
  • Importing excel files directly into MIP software.

Future Planned Uses

• We are expanding to various states, MIP software will be a must accounting tool in future offices.

Likelihood to Renew

We are so used to this software there is no chance of us starting with a new software and re-learning every step.we are content with the software at this moment and feel there is no need to look for a new accounting software.

Users and Roles

4 - Accounting, and bookkeeping are the the essential functions. accountability is great with this software and being a union that is audited multiple times a year, this software is really helpful. having the ability to create checks in a few minutes comes very handy.

Evaluating Abila MIP and Competitors

Products Replaced

Key Differentiators

• Product Features
  • Product Usability
  • Product Reputation
  • Vendor Reputation
  • Analyst Reports
As a labor union Abila was recommended to us by other labor unions who gave the software a really high review.

Evaluation Lessons Learned

We would probably search for the same features that we currently use. Maybe take a recommendation from another labor union or non profit organization.

Abila MIP Support

Support

I had to call support for an issue I was having to reverse a batch that was posted by mistake. The support lady was really helpful in guiding me to the correct steps in resolving my issue. I felt very confident in knowing I can call them to resolve my issues.

Abila MIP Fund Accounting Customer Support Pros and Cons

Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
None

Premium Support

Bug Resolution

Exceptional Examples of Abila MIP Fund Accounting Support

I had to call Abila to sort out a glitch I had while importing excel files. I only had to wait on the phone line for a brief period before I was helped. The technician knew exactly what the issue was and was able to give me a resolution in less than 5 minutes.

Using Abila MIP

Usability

It is a great software to use but it can still improve in some areas. Like if they could add spelling check function. Most software this day has spelling check as a standard function. Maybe if they could also expand the filters available when running custom reports would be very helpful.

Easy Tasks

• setting up vendors is really easy. It takes no more than 5 minutes to create a new vendor and have the ability to pay this vendor in less than 5 minutes.
  • looking up past vendor payments is also real easy and can be modified to have a selected date range for particular queries.
  • During audits it is really easy to run custom reports , with filters ranging from Vendor id's to GL's to specific date ranges.

Difficult Tasks

• some reports are still flawed. I still can't understand why I cant have a report that has both check numbers and GL's on the same report.
  • the occasional glitch at start that causes error while logging in can be annoying.

Mobile Interface Availability and Impressions