Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
We use MIP as our main accounting system to manage our federal and state grants. It is primarily used by our finance staff and CFO only.
- MIP's functionality for our office includes fund accounting, grants managements, payroll, human resources, and timekeeping.
- It allows us to report on multiple cost centers for multiple organizations and programs across all grants on the federal and state level.
- The imbedded reports writer provides extensive reports and you can customize them anyway you want them or your board wants them.
- Sometimes pulling reports or building the reports to give you the results you want is difficult to achieve.
- Creating budgets was a challenge at first as was updating those budgets when revisions occur.
- We would like to see a copy and paste function added so when entering or changing descriptions you don't have to continually keep typing them over and over.
- Having all the modules in one convenient place has saved our company money as well as time.
- Our finance team is much more efficient because of the combined modules, its a one-stop shop!
- One negative impact is how long it takes someone to be trained to use the software effectively and efficiently.
Our company does use MIP to manage multiple funds from multiple funding sources, both federal and state, and it has the functionality to do this efficiently and effectively. Once you have a good training background, it is easier to convey the data the way management wants it and MIP makes it easy to do so.
We use Non-Profit Technologies to host our MIP Fund Accounting software. They host our cloud, they provide training, and they provide all backup and system updates and fix any and all issues, as well as set up new users, databases, etc.. They are timely and reach out quickly if we do experience an issue. Our organization has been able to provide detailed reports and data to management on an as needed basis very timely since going to the cloud.
I have used QuickBooks Premier for Non-Profits in a previous job, but not at my current position. They have used MIP for several years prior to me coming on board. QuickBooks was much easier to learn, but I don't feel it has as much functionality as MIP does with the use of multiple federal and state managements and reporting.
I think it is great for fund accounting and grants management. We manage multiple federal and state grants so using MIP helps keep everything in order. We also love the fact that we can process our payroll, use MIP's timekeeping system and it holds all of our HR data as well. It's like a one-stop shop!
MIP Fund Accounting Feature Ratings
Evaluating Abila MIP Fund Accounting and Competitors
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Support
They are excellent in customer service and usually resolve issues within a short time.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
We always get exceptional support, they have excellent customer service and the trainers are always available to answer any questions or assist you with any issues you may have. We even have a favorite trainer!
Using Abila MIP Fund Accounting
It is great and easy to use once you have had some training, some are more complex than others, but overall it is a great product.
Like to use
Technical support not required
Feel confident using
Difficult to use
Lots to learn