Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)
MIP is currently being utilized by the finance department to facilitate the day to day accounting needs of the organization. It helps the organization address our fund accounting needs in addition to fostering an environment of proper nonprofit accounting and reporting. MIP is currently being used for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Journal Voucher Transactions, an other day to day accounting needs.
- The flexibility of the segmented chart of accounts allow for the user to design the chart of accounts based on the organization needs. A well designed chart of accounts allow for reliable reports with detailed cost structures to track and analyze multiple funding sources.
- The importing features allow for very efficient entries of high volume journal entries and minimize mistakes.
- The system itself is very user friendly and the design/layout of the system is highly intuitive.
- The reporting features can use some improvements for ease of use and more functionality.
- I feel that if Drillpoint reports can be integrated with the Scheduler Module, it would make reporting and data manipulation even better.
- Some improvements within the budgeting module is also highly desirable.
- MIP has streamlined and allowed more tasks to be automated maximizing the efficiency of staff so more staff is not needed.
- MIP importing feature allows integration to many different systems which makes MIP very flexible allowing costs to be saved if the owner of the MIP system switches between vendors.
Yes MIP has allowed us to do that very effectively. We have over 50 funding sources that needs to be tracked annually. MIP allows us to track the expenses properly in addition to ensuring the reporting is being done in a timely manner. The Accounts Receivable module has made our reconciliation process very efficient especially with our large funding portfolio.
Welter Consulting - Welter Consulting has been a very dependable resource for our MIP needs. It's one of the reasons why we have remain with MIP as Welter Consulting has always facilitate our accounting needs especially offering creative solutions to our problems.
MIP Fund Accounting is one of the best accounting system out there and provides a very user friendly solution to organizations' needs. MIP is also flexible enough to adapt to different organization structures with different funding portfolios. The variety of modules allow for the users to scale up or down as organizations expand or contract.
I believe MIP is suited for organizations that have complex funding structures. Especially those organizations who have multiple funding sources with agencies that require different expense categories to ensure expenses are properly classified. I think MIP is not appropriate for small organizations whose chart of accounts may be less complex in addition to a lower operating budget.