Abila - a great segment reporting tool.https://www.trustradius.com/accountingMIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)Unspecified86191012016-10-23T18:42:51.893Z
October 23, 2016
Abila - a great segment reporting tool.
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
It is currently being used only by the accounting department. While senior managers are aware of the software, they prefer not to use it and prefer reports and other data be sent to them. It helps us with the processing of accounting related needs and providing monthly reports to managers as well as quarterly board reports in an efficient and accurate manner.
- The flexibility of segment reporting allows us to generate detailed cost structures for multiple federal programs in a very efficient manner. This allows for effective and efficient on time reporting to funders.
- The importing features allow for very efficient entry of high volume journal entries that also minimize mistakes.
- The interface is not very user friendly. It can be daunting or intimidating for users who may not have knowledge of accounting software.
- I feel that if Drillpoint reports can be integrated with the Scheduler Module, it would make reporting and data manipulation even better.
- Abila has streamlined and allowed more tasks to be automated maximizing the efficiency of staff so more staff is not needed.
- The Maintenance and Support annual fee is a bit expensive and not a very good return especially for the amount of features that are updated from year to year. I don't use support a lot since our systems are pretty efficient so hence I don't think the annual M&S is justifiable.
- Abila's importing feature allows integration to many different systems which makes Abila very flexible allowing costs to be saved if the owner of the Abila system switches between vendors.
Yes Abila has allowed us to do that very effectively. We have 4 major federal grants in addition to many smaller grants that we receive annually. Abila's system allows us to track the expenses properly in addition to ensuring the reporting is being done in a timely manner. Each of our grantors require expenses to be classed differently and Abila's segmenting system allows this to be done seamlessly.
Capital Business Solutions - Drillpoint has been an amazing addition to Abila. Drillpoint allows the reporting system to be expanded into many different areas. It allows the users to create and manipulate reports in a variety of different ways. This is great for ad hoc reports and/or editing the reporting format in many different ways to create additional appeal or making the reports easier to read.
I believe Abila is suited for organizations that have complex funding structures. Especially those organizations who have multiple funding sources with agencies that require different expense coding to ensure expenses are properly classified. I think Abila is not appropriate for small organizations whose chart of accounts may be less complex in addition to a lower operating budget.