Marketing Automation Done Right
October 02, 2014
Marketing Automation Done Right
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Act-On
I enjoy being able to see what traffic is coming to our website and from where. I like being able to send email campaigns through it and get that engagement click-through and dive into what else those customers who are interested in our products are looking at. It really is able to help the sales team in this day and age where most consumers have all the information available to them online if they want to do their own research. We are solving the disconnect between marketing and sales that plagues many organizations. With Act-On as our marketing automation platform we are able to close the gap between marketing and sales and actually bring us closer together with the visitor alerts and the integration between Act-On and Salesforce.
- Website visitor tracking is a big strength and the ability to have the daily digest to show you all these in a nice list view that is linked so that you and others can all see the same data and go dive deeper if desired.
- They do customer service right. If there are ever any issues it is as simple as calling or emailing in and someone is responding to you within 30 mins. That is what I call customer service.
- The reports on emails are easy to read and helpful when you are needing to show results internally.
- Connecting with Salesforce is a breeze and bridges the gap between sales and marketing disconnect.
- Email Template builder, they are currently in the process of rolling out a new email builder that is very slick with drag and drop functionality but this can always use improvement to keep up with being able to create new fresh looks quickly.
- Allowing for the internal to be bundled with external functionality. They should be throwing in the SEO optimization parts with their tool and not wanting to charge extra. You retain customers for longer by giving them new tools to use within the same package; not tacking more on for additional money.
- Shouldn't be limiting users. the User model is a thing of the past. You have a great product, you should want to have it in the hands of as many people as you can.
- Faster Lead Conversion
- Closed the gap between Sales and Marketing and increased efficiency between us
- More top of mind conversations with leads
- Marketo Marketing Automation,HubSpot
We selected Act-On compared to the others because at the time Act-On was the only one offering the visitor website tracking capabilities. They were also the only one that was offering the ability to pay on a monthly basis which is ideal for an organization looking at getting their feet wet in the Marketing Automation space.
Act-On fits our needs at this time and helps us be a better marketing department. We are well ahead of the competition in this realm because of them and I believe it does give us a competitive advantage and the ability to be delivering content at the right moment to help increase sales.
I think Act-On is well suited if you have a CRM within your organization or are looking to adopt a marketing automation platform for emailing, forms, landing pages etc. It might not be appropriate if you don't have a CRM and just send out a few emails a year. You really see the benefit when you have a whole process put in place and can get the value.