AEM delivers an Exception Crop of websites for Ag Educationhttps://www.trustradius.com/cmsAdobe Experience ManagerUnspecified7.91641012016-09-06T19:19:33.814Z
September 06, 2016
AEM delivers an Exception Crop of websites for Ag Education
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Experience Manager
Adobe Experience Manager is being used by the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences at the University of Georgia, a separate entity from the central IT system. We currently have over 100 websites on an older editing program that are being migrated to AEM. By the end of the migration, it will be used by about 80% of our college.
- It is easy for people who are not web designers to achieve an attractive and useful website
- It is easy to manage users and their permissions
- It allows users to assemble their digital assets in one place, for use on the web site
- Upgrading and applying patches can be hit or miss - I recommend backups because of the potential to damage the existing infrastructure
- Space management is an issue - every change or request takes up space that can be reclaimed, but only through a complicated procedure done through command prompts. There was no documentation for this on their site and we had to use a third party to create the procedure. It has to be run manually.
- There isn't a good backup system, particularly one that can be scheduled to run reliably.
- We have been able to meet our first objective of rolling out a site to replace our current Students site well within time parameters
- We were able to deploy the site to replace our County Offices within three months, and the users have been able to turn out acceptable content
If you have a number of smaller parts of your organization that you want to maintain the same look & feel as the rest of the organization, it is easy to create a base site and then let them customize. Also, if you have contributors of content who are not involved in the web site maintenance - our professors, for example - they can enter the text on a basic page which is then incorporated through tagging.