AEM is a leader in the CMS industryhttps://www.trustradius.com/cmsAdobe Experience ManagerUnspecified7.91641012016-05-09T15:44:01.613Z
May 09, 2016
AEM is a leader in the CMS industry
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Adobe Experience Manager
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) provides an integrated editing interface. It is a true WYSIWYG experience for the authors with real time visual updates showing the data on dynamic interfaces and really helps our clients see how the page is going to come together without much effort. From a development standpoint separate client libraries from code files allows teams to integrate and work on varying phases of the project without stepping on each others work. Front-end developers can work in unison with back end developers.
- Media library and asset management is simplified, separating storage and also allowing developers to manage the workflow of the publishing process.
- No addition of API services are required, using the same requests and data access layer for both front end and back end development simplifies the project lifecycle.
- Duplicating code is easy, developers can simply copy components and reuse or rework for each use case.
- Styling the front-end of the author interface can sometimes be challenging. Built in styles and HTML can be overwhelming until you get used to it. Having a less intrusive author output or defining a standard output per site could speed development.
- Documentation is often outdated, keeping docs up to date and readily available is needed.
- The local build process is slow and takes a lot of space. Reducing the overhead with local testing would be great!
- Ease of implementation guidelines
- Well suited for larger teams
- Ability to work in agile process
I think AEM is specific to the client's needs and is not necessarily comparable to all other platforms. However, when compared feature to feature I think AEM many times is a leader in the industry. While WordPress has progressed in the WYSIWYG interface it is not there still today and this is truly where AEM shines against all of the other CMS platforms.