Overall Satisfaction with Aircall
We Are Traction is a 100% remote organisation with staff spread across the globe; Indonesia, India, South Africa, Portugal, UK, Channel Islands, Brazil & the USA. It is mainly used by the marketing and sales department to contact prospective clients anywhere in the world, but mainly in the UK, USA and South Africa.
- Ability to easily transfer between consultants
- Call recording (Cloud)
- Simplicity and ease of use
- Intuitive UX lacking
- "Lag" experienced when dialing countries to do not have local host servers
- Not able to connect. This also happens very often when dialing countries that does not have local servers
- Because of the lack of local partnerships with South African telecoms companies, calls to South Africa is very expensive. This was not originally apparent when opening the Aircall account.
- Not having the option to display a local South African number in the CLIP, means that people are not always eager to pick up the phone when they see an overseas number ringing.
- The only positive impact has been the collaborative experience and being able to maintain a virtual office
Groove was easily integrated with Salesforce CRM and meant that certain administrative tasks were a lot easier and less time consuming to do. The standalone dialer application (Windows) is easier to use than the Groove dialer, and uses far less resources. The addition of contacts straight into the dialer application is also very handy.
Do you think Aircall delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Aircall's feature set?
Did Aircall live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Aircall go as expected?
Would you buy Aircall again?
Aircall is easy to use and the UI does not use a lot of resources. It is ideal for a remotely spread workforce, with the ability to transfer calls between consultants on different continents. However, be carefull when you use it to dial countries that does not have locally hosted Aircall servers or partnerships with local telecoms service providers.