Great project organization toolhttps://www.trustradius.com/project-managementAirtableUnspecified8.63011012019-10-01T21:22:19.585Z
October 01, 2019
Great project organization tool
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Airtable
Airtable is used as an organization tool in a couple of different ways by my company. The product team uses it to keep track of our missions and themes for the work we are aiming to accomplish. We also use it to keep track of the status of items as well as the reasoning behind doing them. We also use it to communicate the status and reasoning of those items to the rest of the organization. Our services team uses airtable to help manage the onboarding of our largest clients as well as sharing product priorities and current work with them.
- Great customization options that allow you to do many different things with it.
- The ability to link different parts of a base to one another. This has allowed us to quickly and easily link teams to PMs to epics to missions to themes.
- Customizable slack notification options.
- I don't like that once you link an item to another element you can no longer color code the item. Instead you have to put a color marker on the row overall which is much less noticeable. It makes it harder to see the status of a given thing at a glance.
- Not sure if this is just my org or their overall pricing structure as I was not part of the purchasing team but making it a cost per user hampers the ability to share with other people outside of the product organization.
- Less confusion around what individual teams are working on and why.
- A better understanding of overall product strategy without the false timelines inherent in roadmap tools.
- Other departments have an easier time knowing which PMs are responsible for which things when they have questions that need answers.
ProductPlan works to a point but it is entirely roadmap/timeline based. In our profession timelines and priorities are constantly shifting and changing and the roadmap lead to some false expectations around when things were happening. Additionally, it was very hard to group things together effectively for roll up from epic to mission to theme. Overall, I feel that airtable does a much better job meeting our specific needs.
I don't have experience with their support as I haven't needed to reach out beyond our own internal resources. This leads me to rate it highly as it means the team working on it has put a lot of thought into how to design the system in such a way that you don't need to reach out.
Do you think Airtable delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Airtable's feature set?
Did Airtable live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Airtable go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Airtable again?
If you need a very customizable tracking tool with a lot of custom fields this is a great solution. It allows broader product teams to stay aligned and informed about what everyone else is working on. It also allows other parts of the organization to dig into what is in progress down to the specific pm/team if they want to to get the information they need.