Overall Satisfaction with Amazon Chime
In our organization, we use Amazon Chime for conducting online audio and video conferences. Basis on a client recommendation, we started using Amazon Chime in only one department, and other departments use other conferencing apps. With [Amazon] Chime, business communication including client calls, internal meetings has become easy, more secure, and cost effective. It gives you an option to do IM, personalize a meeting link, instantly start a meeting or scheduling a meeting at a later time within your organization and outside the organization users via desktop app, web app, and mobile app. Amazon voice focus (noise suppression) features, screen sharing, Background blur, audio, and video quality works fine and up to expectation.
- Noise suppression and Background blur
- Screen share and IM chat
- Audio and video quality
- Collaboration on chat and file sharing of up to 50MB
- Separate chat rooms and you can add a chat bot in a chat room
- User interface look and feel can be improved
- Live captioning
- Transcripts for recording meetings can be generated
- More emoji could be added
- Audio and Video Quality
- Pay per use pricing model
- Mobile app for easy accessibility
- Cost effective due to pay per use pricing model
- Safe meeting due to comprehensive security
- Being Amazon Product, app downtime is very low
- Chat collaboration and chat bot support in chat rooms for improved productivity
- Zoom and Cisco Webex Meetings
Our reason for the selection of Amazon Chime was a client recommendation. In a comparison of other competitor's products, Amazon Chime provides similar functionality and features. From a pricing perspective, you may opt for pay-per-use pricing which could be confusing for some users. There are also basic and Pro subscription plans depending upon what you need. We did a free trial for 30 days and then procured a few accounts for internal and external use.
Do you think Amazon Chime delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Amazon Chime's feature set?
Did Amazon Chime live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Amazon Chime go as expected?
Would you buy Amazon Chime again?
Amazon Chime is well suited for online video and audio meetings, IMs, and conducting training sessions using a whiteboard. It can be integrated well with Google Calendar and Microsoft outlook. With Amazon Chime mobile app you can attend meetings on the go as well. Meetings can be locked so that only legitimate participants can join the meeting. Amazon Chime is less suited in case you want meeting transcripts as well for your meetings. Given that Amazon Chime is not used by a larger audience so your client or customer may face some difficulties in join the meeting or accessing some of the features of the Chime.