High quality audio (27)
Desktop sharing (26)
Meeting initiation (25)
High quality video (27)
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Amazon Chime, and make your voice heard!
Business Calling - Inbound
Business Calling - Phone Numbers
Meetings - Pro
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Amazon Chime is a communications service from Amazon Web Services with a built-in VoIP solution. Amazon Chime can be used for online meetings, video conferencing, and business calling, and features pay-as-you-go pricing.
As part of Amazon Chime, Amazon Chime Voice Connector is a service that carries voice traffic over the internet and scales to meet capacity needs. This allows users to eliminate fixed telephone network costs and simplify their voice network administration by transitioning it to the AWS Cloud.
Amazon Chime call me: With Amazon Chime call me, users simply enter their phone number in the web application and answer the incoming call to join a meeting.
Join Meetings with Alexa: Users can simply say “Alexa, start my meeting”, and Alexa gets the meeting started using Alexa for Business’s functionality with Amazon Chime.
Incoming Web Hooks: Developers can configure their applications to use incoming webhooks to post messages into Amazon Chime chat rooms.
Chat Bots: Users can create custom chat bots in chat rooms. Participants can interact directly with chat bots to provide access to corporate applications and information, and to automate common tasks.
Switch Between Devices: From the Chime application, users can switch active calls between mobile and desktop devices without interrupting the conversation.
There are about 100 employees in my department and the good thing of amazon chime is it can allow 250 people in the meeting so all the employees can join at once if needed. We record all the meetings and audio quality is good.
We join the meeting with just a simple click which is pretty easy.
Also, the best thing of chime is it's compatible with slack. W also use slack for meetings and chat and through Slack we can host the chime meetings.
- Amazon Chime was included in the Vonage Business package we subscribed to. We are still new to this program and still learning its capabilities. The fact that we can jump to and instant video conference, we can have private teleconferences outside of a group conference, we can text or email others outside of the call group while on a conference call and much more.
- (Amazon Chime should not be confused with the banging app chime.com as they are not related in any way. )
- There is nothing complicated about this app. You don't have to search for a logon telephone number or code. You generate that in real-time and invite the participants to the meeting. Once you "invite" a contact, they are in your contact list.
- I have used Amazon Chime as a basic conferencing app. Initially, we used it as a pay per use option to test it out. We liked this approach because we were able to pay for the options that we wanted to test without making a considerable commitment ahead of time. We loved the results so much that we went to using it full time.
- While we use it between departments, the primary purpose of this app is used for external communications with clients. We like to use the video features; however, we have found it useful for even voice conversations. What we like best about the software is that it is simple. We also like the fact that we can integrate Amazon Chime with other pieces of software. Currently, we were able to install the Amazon Chime plugin into the Slack app and have enjoyed a great deal of success with it.
- While we have not made a move yet but we are exploring the idea of moving all of our telephony options to Amazon Chime to run through AWS. The only challenge that we have faced was that early on, we seemed to see a lot of lag in the video, and the quality was poor. We soon discovered that the issues were actually on our end and had nothing to do with Amazon Chime itself.