Overall Satisfaction with Amazon Cloud Drive
We primarily use Amazon Cloud Drive (ACD) as a backup solution for our internal work server, as well as for individual users to store rich media, such as photos, audio and video files. In my experience, for a business, ACD is one of the best solutions for cloud storage with its lightning-fast, synced backup solutions available across multiple devices, and numerous security options. Amazon Cloud Drive also integrates well with a number of our other web services, which is a huge convenience and time saver for our business.
- Fast synced data across all of your devices – Desktops, Tablets and Phones.
- Unlimited Cloud Storage space for all of your important media, files and documents from a reputable company.
- Extremely helpful and friendly technical support staff who goes above and beyond when you need their help – even if the issue was a user's fault.
- Seamless integration for your digital files. Plays very well with other popular services.
- They seem to have reduced their tiered payment options to just two, which might be difficult to swallow for first-time users. The gap between payment options jumps from $11.99 per year to $60.00 per year with no middle ground between them. A pay for what you use option (like they offer in their Amazon Web Services tool) would be nice to see.
- It can feel cumbersome to manage your files once they make it to the cloud. Issues with duplicate files is commonplace and a hassle to find and deal with after a file has already been uploaded. So in fewer words, better post-upload organization options would be lovely.
- As primarily a desktop user, I'm disappointed by how poor the experience is compared to mobile. The mobile app is speedy and intuitive, but the desktop versions, including both Windows and Mac, can be painfully slow and hard to use.
- Amazon Cloud Drive has easily improved my personal efficiency as a digital content manager by more than 20%. The speed at which the service can upload and sync data for use on other devices is critical for my busy role.
- Our business' reputation for safely and securely maintaining our clients' privacy is definitely improved with Amazon Cloud Drive as a primary tool for keeping our and their information safe.
- It has saved us hundreds of dollars each year. Compared to other, similar services, the cost of the unlimited tier for Amazon Cloud Drive is far more affordable, which in turn improves our bottom line.
If you compare based on functionality and user-friendliness, other services like Google Drive and Dropbox are better options. However, if you are simply looking for somewhere to securely and reliably host your digital files, Amazon Cloud Drive is a great option. Adding to that the fact that Amazon Cloud Drive is far more cost effective over time and comes with Amazon's well-known reliability and professional support, you'll find you have all the reasons you need to select it as your go-to for cloud storage.
Amazon Cloud Drive is a fantastic backup solution for storing your digital files on the web, but if you want to manage, tweak, organize or otherwise maintain those files after they have reached the cloud, the experience immediately begins to suffer. This is especially noted when major competitor products like Microsoft and Dropbox offer similar services at similar prices, but offer far better interfaces for file management.