Appian user's review
Updated March 04, 2019

Appian user's review

Score 8 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with Appian

I have not had to deal directly with appian support often, so I don't have much of an opinion in this area, but when I did deal with them it was a positive experience.
Appian is being used to support various groups and business processes, as well as to help track user-identified issues/concerns.
  • Keeps track of the 'who' and 'what' and 'when' various tasks are completed.
  • Helps us make sure steps are not missed/skipped in a process.
  • Makes it easier to show an audit trail.
  • Make it easier for any 'normal' user to create their own workflows with minimal training. The easier it is to rollout use of the tool, the more it would be used even just to help with an individual's or team's personal/team use.
  • For me/my team personally, it helped us create a process to track adhoc user questions/concerns/issues identified. Before using appian we only had email for this and it was hard to keep track of everything.
Once workflows are built, when done correctly, the tool is very easy to use for anyone.
My personal use of appian directly met the needs of my team and I while at the same time adding value to the firm
It is good to use anywhere where there is a repetitive process to follow, where 1 task shouldn't take place before others are completed, etc. It is also good to use when you need an audit trail available.

It is not a great idea to use appian if the process, inputs, users, etc., are constantly changing - you can quickly find yourself always in a development lifecycle of an always-changing process.

Appian Feature Ratings

Well integrated
Slow to learn
Cumbersome
Lots to learn
  • The general methodology of putting together the overall process and swim lanes was pretty easy
  • As someone that is not very technical, I hit a lot of roadblocks when trying to implement things that are not very generic and high level