Overall Satisfaction with ApplicantPro
Applicant Pro (AP) takes an enormous burden off of the hiring process within our company. We went from getting 10 applicants per position to 5-10 times that amount and it is no more work to review them thanks to so many great features. AP frequently comes out with enhancements to their software. AP has allowed us to involve management and hiring committees more easily as well as screen applicants more thoroughly. My company is required to post our open position with our state workforce services job board and AP has a feature that will automatically post our jobs there with no additional work on our side. Customer service has been excellent every time we call and implementation was very easy.
- Allows us to involve a hiring manager or hiring committee in the selection and review process via their own logins. Easy to manage access to only the right job postings.
- Custom (knock out) questions for each job posting. This is nice because we can get very specific as to what information we want out of an applicant. This helps in narrowing down to the final candidates.
- Ability for teams to each rate a candidate (via 5 stars). It then takes an average which helps in selecting candidates for interviews.
- There are not a lot of negatives. Great ATS solution with great customer support.
- They do have a job email notification feature for potential candidates but it only sends it out periodically. It would be nice to have more control of when the emails go out.
- The design is improving but takes some getting used to.
- We went from receiving about 10 applicants per job posting to 50-100 (depending on the job). That might sound scary but AP makes it easy to manage and select candidates for interviewing. We have a better applicant pool and better hires as a result.
- They have a feature that posts our jobs to local universities and the state job board (which is required in our industry). This feature is huge for us and not everyone offers it.
- Bringing in a hiring committee and involving the manager has had a very positive impact on hiring and workforce management over the last several years.
We are just implementing UltiPro. It has an ATS module and does a lot of things equally well and some better. Applicant Pro is probably half the cost. Also, UltiPro requires an account with eQuest to post to state job boards and local job boards, this is an added cost. It is also an added cost with AP but is very affordable. I didn't use onboarding with applicant pro because I believe it was an integration with another vendor. UltiPro is attractive because it is all one system so the applicant information flows into onboarding which flows into employee management and payroll.
I would recommend this to a mid size company that is wanting to attract more candidates and allow others to get involved in the selection process. Also it is a big help for compliance in regards to hiring. We use as a stand alone product. I know they integrate well with other software but we haven't gone down that path.
ApplicantPro Feature Ratings
3 - My HR team administers the system. It is easy to setup and keep up on.
- Hiring Committees
- Posting to local job boards
- Better applicants for better hires