Confluence content creation is easy, and why that's good and badhttps://www.trustradius.com/collaborationAtlassian ConfluenceUnspecified8.28901012018-12-13T20:23:01.077Z
December 13, 2018
Confluence content creation is easy, and why that's good and bad
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Atlassian Confluence
- Confluence provides the ability to any employee to create content as they see fit, democratizing the content creation process
- The parent and child relationships between pages makes organizing your content much easier.
- If you're also using JIRA as your task management software, the native integration allows you to work in both systems and share content and data between the two, seamlessly.
- The lack of a defined workflow in Confluence is problematic as it could create a wild west for content creation and management
- Confluence does not play well with Microsoft generated documents like word and excel
- The lack of true page print functionality is a glaring gap in the product. Printing through your browser loses most of the beautiful formatting that is native to Confluence.
- Confluence has increased cross-departmental visibility into content, activities, and projects
- Confluence has also increased collaboration across teams
- The lack of a workflow has created a wild west environment where stakeholders are confused of where to create and find various types of content
Confluence is great at democratizing content creation, managing short projects or activities, and distributing content to a large audience. It falls down due to the lack of a content creation work flow, content findability, and viewing/editing Word/Excel documents within the platform.