Just amazing tool for documentationhttps://www.trustradius.com/collaborationAtlassian ConfluenceUnspecified8.19171012018-12-14T17:58:47.232Z
December 14, 2018
Just amazing tool for documentation
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Atlassian Confluence
For me, Atlassian Confluence is a one stop solution for all kinds of documentation. I use it whenever I need to write or document about my project. which includes flow diagram as well. This tool has been used by lots of us here and most of us use this for documentation and writing some other design as well.
- First and foremost, if you need to maintain the documentation of your project, Atlassian Confluence is the best option for this.
- It has lots of plugins available which makes it very much useful, like gliffy, through which you can design flow diagrams very easily.
- Document collaboration with team member is also very good with this. You will get notified if someone from your team has changed something.
- It has wiki like syntax for markup and lots of other shortcuts which make development faster
- The search feature could be improved. Search result are not always what we are looking for.
- It could be more flexible, just after adding few docs it starts becoming very clustered.
- It is costly to use it for personal use. I would like if it had free version with some limited version-- at least we could have basic features.
- There are lots of positive impact of this tool, it has made the documentation task very easy.
- It has integration with other Atlassian tools like JIRA and Bitbucket which makes it very much useful and helps in tracking things
- I can't say much of negative impact but it is a bit costly.
As we are using an Atlassian package, it fits in our stack, which helps us make our development faster and more trackable. There are lots of reason to select Atlassian Confluence is that it fits well in our stack and it is very useful and handy tool to use. I am not sure how it would fit with some other open source tools but for documentation it is very good.
If you want to write something down-- it may be design flow, project document or something else-- Atlassian Confluence is just the best option to use. It has lots of plugins available like Gliffy and Codeblock, which makes your doc more clean. Outside this scenario, I think it is not well-suited. One more thing-- it is too costly to use it on your own.