Overall Satisfaction with Atlassian Confluence
Atlassian Confluence is used by entire organization across departments and geographies. Atlassian Confluence primarily acts as a central repository for all the knowledge that exists in the organization. The information is well organized in terms of pages and spaces and Atlassian Confluence acts as the first place to search whenever anyone is looking for the information. So it avoids reinventing the wheel by allowing to check if similar work has been done by some other team in some other geography which can be adapted or used as such.
- One can subscribe to the pages and spaces and receive updates in the feed on their home page.
- Searching the documents and content is efficient and one can make it more simple by adding labels to the content or pages.
- Access to a particular page or space can be managed and only certain people can be allowed to view or edit.
- The process to create pages and upload content is not that intuitive. It takes sometime for an user to get used to it.
- Search works well with labels but not able to search within the documents and content accurately.
- There is no way to export the documents to cloud storage solutions.
- Ability for multiple people to work on the same content at the same time is something very important as a lot of projects in the organization are transversal. Inbuilt version management also makes it easy to consolidate or roll back the changes.
- Ability to manage access to content as some content is classified and can only be shared with specific people.
- Integration with some of the existing software we use.
Do you think Atlassian Confluence delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Atlassian Confluence's feature set?
Did Atlassian Confluence live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Atlassian Confluence go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Atlassian Confluence again?
Atlassian Confluence is primarily suited for medium to large organizations where departments are replicated across geographies. This makes it difficult and imperative at the same time for teams on one geography to know what work is being done by the teams in other geographies. This avoids doing the same work again and enables collaboration when multiple teams are facing the same problem.