Updated October 26, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Avalara
We use Avalara for tax calculation purposes, when we book an order, the query goes to Avalara to calculate the tax based on the state, county, and city, it also checks whether we have re-seller cert in the file.
- Calculates the Tax
- File Tax Returns
- Stores Re-seller certs
- For Re-seller, we have to load cert for each state, which is time consuming and also number of certs goes beyond limit and Avalara charges extra
- When there are shipments on a order for multiple states at the line level, transactions don't get registered in Avalara or get registered with TRX, which doesn't get matched back in ERP system
- IT doesn't have to upload monthly or adhoc basis rate updates, Avalara takes care that
- No more manual certs to keep around, gets uploaded to the system
- Reduced one head count, that is saving
We are very happy, it works well and we don't see any glitches system wise, most of the time system is up and running, but needs some improvements, sometimes requirements might be different for each customer, understanding the requirements and delivering the final product based on the requirements.
- Oracle EBS, Avalara has partner with SMartERP as an integrator, and we have used the connectors from SmartERP system
I don't think it was hard to integrate, connectors from SMartERP system works very well.
We are using Avalara for Tax Calculation at the time of booking orders and we haven't seen any issue on the tax calculations, since we implemented Avalara. Also fililng state and federal tax using this system.
We are benefiting from additional capabilities, we are using this system for managing our certificates and filing our taxes.
We have evaluated the following products before we chose Avalara:
Taxware and Vertax
Taxware and Vertax
Evaluating Avalara and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Analyst Reports
The reason we moved to Avalara was the Product Features. Now we can store all Certs in the application and run report, pay taxes thru one system.