The Hidden Savings of Using Azurehttps://www.trustradius.com/database-as-a-service-dbaasAzure SQL DatabaseUnspecified8.21371012018-03-13T16:44:34.750Z
March 13, 2018
The Hidden Savings of Using Azure
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Azure SQL Database
It is used in firm-wide operations via RDP to enter data into a proprietary vertical market legal database. It resolves the problem of a law firm that is in several cities across the US.
- The fact that it is available for the Azure cloud platform.
- The fact that it is easy to license as a monthly subscription and software access is simple.
- The fact that it functions exactly as its local server based counter part.
- It appears to have a slight delay in revealing data in the client software, then data will appear almost instantly. It is an odd feel when using it until you get used to it.
- It seems a bit slower than its local server based counter part.
- The tool bars icons are a little different and took some getting used to.
- Better availability for IT
- Faster deployment.
- Easy changes to resources.
- Convenient subscription model
If you are a small operation and your focus is on dollar for dollar comparison to a local server based product, it will seem more expensive, until you look at the big picture of total cost of ownership. In the alternative if you consider the cost of IT with this product compared to a local server based product it shakes out in your favor. Specifically when you consider that IT help can be had remotely from around the world at huge savings and by being cloud based you can get some very brilliant but value based talent by shopping globally. Azure products help accomplish this because IT can add and remove features and resources without any need for local boots on the ground. Where local servers and databases are subject to power outages, tampering by local employees, local access security issues.... It is just built for high availability on a more reliable backbone with secure access from anywhere.