Overall Satisfaction with BigCommerce
BigCommerce is our online sales platform for both retail and wholesale customers. It gives us a place to sell our goods that can be accessed at any time of day by anyone with a computer or phone.
- Flexibility: It seems like the options with BigCommerce are almost limitless.
- Affordability: I like the fixed costs and what we get for the money.
- Reliability: My store hasn't gone down yet.
- Clunky: There are things I can't do. I have multiple classes of customers, but they all see the same shipping options.
- Clunky: I cannot apply discounts to groupings of different product options.
- Clunky: There are multiple places and ways to modify the site template, and many options are buried several submenus deep.
- Our BigCommerce site is much better than our previous host. It is easier to navigate and conversions have increased.
We do not have a million SKUs, so I can't speak to how it has personally scaled for us. But, I don't have any reason to believe that there is something out there BigCommerce couldn't handle with a little effort and positive attitude.
I want to say that I really wish there was a way to use the custom APIs without needed an external host. Like, if I could just throw some extra code on BigCommerce, that would be great. That said, we use a couple of integrations for shipping, taxes, and coupons. Tax integration is a lifesaver. All of our extensions really pull their weight on the site.
Before BigCommerce we were on Squarespace. The real problem with Squarespace ended up being the sales tax implementation. Without a way to properly collect sales tax, it was basically useless.