Love my BigCommerce!
August 09, 2019
Love my BigCommerce!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with BigCommerce
We use BigCommerce across the entire organization. It's a great way for all of our users to keep on task with live updates. It's crucial to our business, as we process at least 70% of our sales via the internet, and all of those are run through the big commerce platform. Being able to update/modify orders "live" also keeps our customers up to date on the status of their order, which cuts down on unnecessary communication with us.
- Very intuitive dashboard
- I love the easy access to support, they've always been extremely helpful.
- Quick loading times, and easy to make changes (even for an html newbie).
- A list of preferred programmers would be great for us to access to get updates done—kind of like Fiverr. We're a small business and are handling all updates ourselves (which is really out of our wheelhouse as biologists).
- We're very happy with bigcommerce!
- Can't think of much else we would change!
- We have definitely streamlined operations. In the past, whenever an order was placed, we'd actually have to go to the post office, mail the product, write down the tracking number, and then physically email each customer their tracking - there was a lot of room for error in this process. We've grown a lot since then, and are much more efficient now. We periodically say, "remember when we had to physically email every single customer after every single order?," and are so thankful for the functionality of big commerce.
- Having the ability to offer free shipping over a designated threshold has definitely increased our average order amount from $30 to over $50.
- The site is beautiful, and makes us look like a much larger company than we actually are!
We're currently small, but it looks like it will be easy to add additional users should the need arise in the future (hopefully). Everything is quite intuitive, so I have no worries about being able to implement and add other locations in the future - we also appreciate being able to see the totals for the week/month/year compared to last year.
I was not the developer, but from what I understand, BigCommerce was preferred for APIs and integrations. Every app we look at seems to have a BigCommerce integration, which we appreciate. We have one very small business on a WooCommerce platform, and it's such a beast to work with. BigCommerce is SO MUCH better!
Oh wow. No competition - I groan whenever we get a WooCommerce order because it's so clunky and cumbersome. I never am sure that the customer has been communicated with through the platform, it's difficult to purchase postage through WooCommerce, there's this nebulous "update" button that I *think* means the same as "save", but there's no actual person or support I can talk to confirm this, so we're just kind of winging it when working with WooCommerce. The business we have on that platform is not very large, but if it were bigger, I'd consider changing it to BigCommerce simply because of the ease of use.
I cannot think of any scenario where BigCommerce wasn't appropriate, except that if we try to access it via mobile, it's not very user-friendly. When a client places an order, they get an automatic update on their status. It allows us to get to work on it right away. We appreciate the inventory tracking that's a part of this. We also like getting email reminders when inventory is getting low on something, as well as the empty cart reminders that go out to customers if they have an abandoned cart.