Blackbaud Review.
September 13, 2022

Blackbaud Review.

Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud eTapestry

We post donations, send blasts for events, and post newsletters to our donors. Unfortunately, I do not use it to its fullest capabilities. I find eTapestry to be difficult to use and not user-friendly, and very expensive. So much so that we are looking at other options that do not require extensive training in order to use the system.

Pros

• Large data base system.
  • Can use mobile pay at events and it integrates easy.
  • Eblasts go out quickly.

Cons

• Need to make it much easier to design eblasts.
  • Should be able to copy and paste from other files to etapestry.
  • Merge can use work to be more user friendly.
  • Collecting names and address .
  • Being able send out large eblasts
  • Can use it at home or work as it is on the cloud.
  • We really have not had an ROI to date. We have paid more money out than we have generated since getting program.
  • We spent a lot of time training new employees to navigate the system because it is not very user-friendly for the average person.
  • We are glad that we can use the mobile pay and it goes straight into the Blackbaud.
We have tried out three new products in the past few months. We have had demos and were able to work on them for a few weeks. We did not try anything else out before getting eTapstry as the person that purchased the software googled software for nonprofit and purchased to first one she saw. She was not familiar with nonprofits or computers, even though she was in her 6o's at the time we got the program. She hired an assistant to work on the system because the program was too hard for her to learn.

Do you think Blackbaud eTapestry delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with Blackbaud eTapestry's feature set?

Did Blackbaud eTapestry live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Blackbaud eTapestry go as expected?

Would you buy Blackbaud eTapestry again?

I do not like eTapestry, so I feel like my opinion is biased against the product. It is fine for use in a nonprofit, but you must get a lot of training and help to navigate the entire system. It should print a receipt right away after posting, and if you do not want one have a button to click to stop it from printing. Way too much setup involved for letters etc. My time is valuable, and I don't feel I should be wasting it trying to set up the system when it should already be "ready" to go.

Comments