Keeping Our Fundraisers Raising with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Keeping Our Fundraisers Raising with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Modules Used

• Prospect Insights

Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Our office uses Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT to access constituent records, enter gifts, add notes, and track and complete actions. I support a small office of fundraisers who use NXT to access donor histories and gift information, enter notes and track constituent actions. In addition to NXT, I also use Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT's database version to run daily and monthly reports, generate mailing lists, and export information for gift acknowledgment letters.
  • Easy access to database from anywhere via webs access and mobile devices.
  • Quickly access contact information, add visit notes, and view donor history.
  • Actions tab clearly shows completed, upcoming, and overdue actions.
  • NXT not yet fully integrated with database version of RE. For example media added in NXT does not automatically populate database version.
  • Search feature is a bit clunky -- infrequent users sometimes need to be reminder to type a name and wait to the suggested records to populate.
  • Building reports can seem confusing, which is why I continue to use database version for reporting.
  • Donor Profiles and relationship tracking
  • Campaign Management
  • Fundraising Analytics
  • Saves time reporting on fundraising results
  • Easy access to information allows fundraisers to visit more donors
  • We have increased our annual fund totals raised for each of the three years I have been using RE NXT
Analytics has helped us to clarify our moves management, identifying good prospects for major gifts, recurring giving, or who are ready to increase their giving. It has also shed light on the ways that lapsed donors can be brought back to active status, showing how targeted campaigns such as Giving Tuesday or other special funds can be opportunities to reach out to lapsed or past donors.
Online training has many great tutorials and lots of documentation. I learn by doing, so it is the perfect way for me to learn a new system. One drawback that I found -- by being at my desk for this, it became hard to eliminate the distractions of a busy office.

Do you think Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT's feature set?

Did Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT go as expected?

Would you buy Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT again?

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT is well-suited for an office with fundraisers working remotely, those who are on the road for significant amounts of time, and also those in an office who spend most of their time entering constituents adding notes and actions, and analyzing data. As a long-time Raisers Edge user (12+ years), and someone who supports other users, I feel while NXT can do MOST of what I need Raisers Edge to do, it's important also to have access to the database version to maintain access to all of the Administrative features and reporting tools. Admittedly, this may only indicate my own need for further NXT training.