Happy BlackLine Customerhttps://www.trustradius.com/financial-closeBlackLineUnspecified8.7801012019-09-18T14:24:17.124Z
Updated September 18, 2019
Happy BlackLine Customer
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with BlackLine
Currently we are utilizing BlackLine for account reconciliations and tasks globally. BlackLine allows us to centralize and standardize our account reconciliation process to be more efficient and have better overall controls over the process. Our auditors, internal and external, utilize BlackLine to review our account reconciliations and month end close tasks to avoid disrupting the accounting functional to request documents.
- Overall the product is fairly intuitive and user friendly
- BlackLine provides great training for users
- BlackLine really invests in continuous improvement of the product to meet customer needs
- The reporting available for admin changes is lacking for a critical financial system subject to audit.
- Rules based administration is outdated (no import capability, max number of lines, deleting lines from bottom of rule to top, etc.)
- BlackLine was in place at my current employer before I joined. As I believe we transitioned from a manual account reconciliation process, the SAS solution was obviously a huge improvement.
- We are now looking to expand our use of BlackLine in Journals.
During our due diligence process, we evaluated BlackLine and Trintech. Trintech at the time (5 years ago) was not nearly as advanced in product functionality as BlackLine was. There was really no comparison.
BlackLine has a really great support portal / ticketing system. Urgent requests are prioritized and resolved in a timely manner. I've not had concerns with having tickets addressed timely aside from those requests that were actually development requests.
Do you think BlackLine delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with BlackLine's feature set?
Did BlackLine live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of BlackLine go as expected?
Would you buy BlackLine again?
Honestly, there is no better product on the market. BlackLine is an advanced financial software that integrates core accounting functions like account reconciliations, journal entries, etc. BlackLine, while it is system agnostic, works ideally for SAP. I would say any company that is looking to enhance controls over their accounting processes and become more efficient should user BlackLine.
3 - Understanding how to solve issues and fault messages, plus training
- Use to monitor the close process
- Use of the data history to understand approx how many journal entries for month end & quarter end closes for progress measurment
- Use to analyze the non reoccurring journal entry information.
Evaluating BlackLine and Competitors
Change is something you deal with on any new implementation. Users were already experienced with SAP Gen template. This was a new way of doing things so education of everyone was critical to success. Selling folks on this was an easier way to do their job was the key to success.
Kept well informed
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Problems left unsolved
Need to explain problems multiple times
Slow Initial Response
Everytime I ask a question, it is quick response. Laura Janssen scheduled a call to help me with my reporting needs quickly when I reached out. She scheduled a time that was convenient for me and stayed available until I completely understood the new reporting module completely. I appreciate her support so much.
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Requires technical support
Lots to learn
- Some of the interface with ERP
- Some of the error messaging for understanding.
This product is so user friendly. The support staff is so easy to work back & forth with on the blackline community site. The journal module is very easy to master & start using immediately. The account recon module is as well and very user friendly. I would recommend this product to anyone.