February 22, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Bluebeam Revu
As general contractors in construction, my organization utilizes Bluebeam for multiple facets. The user-friendly program allows us to quickly and easily create visual sketches and diagrams for communicating information. We markup drawings with notes, colored areas, callouts, etc. The possibilities are endless. We also are able to scale the drawings and takeoff quantities and measurements within the program. Our field staff utilizes the app to access and markup documents onsite in real time. This is key to conveying information for RFIs, COR, submittals, etc.
- It is excellent for compiling, organizing, reviewing, and marking up documents.
- For large documents, the bookmarking tab, hyperlinks, and highlights make it easy to quickly navigate large documents.
- There are many different functions such as takeoff, document creation, markups, etc.
- It is easy to share .pdf files with others.
- It is cheaper than alternative takeoff software.
- Software updates can cause a learning curve adjustment for navigating through the tools which can get overwhelming.
- For extremely large files, the program has sometimes glitched, been slow to load the images and files have been corrupt.
- There are many tools and options, but through use and practice, the program is easy to understand.
- A major tool for constructability review of construction documents, thus avoiding future issues.
- Marking up to create visual graphics to depict specific information.
- Taking off quantities to verify prices received from subcontractors.
Bluebeam is a diverse program with many functions and tools, whereas competitive programs only specialize in one or few tasks. Although there are many tools within the program, users can still quickly learn how to use the program to best fit their needs. There is always a help tab for any assistance needed.
The program is great for editing construction drawings, stamping/approving official documents and overlaying revised documents to see design changes. You can use it as an estimating takeoff tool, estimating database, document control, cloud document storage, the list goes on! Bluebeam poses many applications for the user to utilize for the desired needs. There may be some other software that has one specific function that can perform the specific task better, but Bluebeam is a holistic program with many tools for use.