BrightEdge Made Our SEO Better
January 14, 2019
BrightEdge Made Our SEO Better
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with BrightEdge
SEO has recently taken on a huge role at my company and needing more insights in one place became a necessity. BrightEdge enables us to not only track SEO basics (search volume, keyword rankings, etc), but it also provides us with a competitive view that most other tools don't provide. This is primarily used by our SEO team, but our analytics team also uses it to build out reports.
- You can track more than the standard SEO basics (search volume, keyword rankings, etc). One of my favorite features to track is user intent. Brightedge can assess the current SERP and give you an insight into what searchers are intending to do with that search. Other tools don't provide the intent.
- Analytical displays are great. The graphs and charts provided are very easily to read and understand, but still display the data needed to show growth.
- Keyword tracking is taken to the next level. Typically keyword tracking tools show the data, your current rank, and other general information. With BrightEdge, you get all of that plus keyword intent overtime and a benchmark of where your competitors are at.
- The storybuilder feature isn't anything outstanding. I feel like I can get the same type of data and format from Google Data Studio.
- I feel like the Hyperlocal feature is still very junior compared to other features. It provides you good insights, but you have to set all the data fields before you can get a picture as well as it doesn't really give you an idea of how you can improve.
- The mobile SEO solution is a good concept, but it needs some tweaks to be better, especially when building out a mobile story builder. Some of the data isn't simple to read and the mobile keywords functions don't also account for voice searches.
- Improved our SEO competitiveness. With the intent tool, we're able to refocus content marketing and keyword mapping faster than our competitors do. We're also able to find opportunities to surpass competitors.
- Since this tool provides a lot of insights and is costly, we have had to dedicate more time to utilizing it, which can cut into other projects.
- Correction of issues faster. While we haven't been able to quite prove ROI, we have been able to find issues (technical or with our SEO strategy) faster which prevents us from wasting time and efforts into something that doesn't work.
While they all do some of what BrightEdge does, they come nowhere near to everything BrightEdge can do. These tools are all very high level and simple, whereas BrightEdge gives SEO professionals a much more in-depth insight which enables us to take actions or make changes without spending a lot of time analyzing data.
Brightedge is definitely not the cheapest tool out there, so if you're looking into it, make sure you have the budget and are able you utilize all of the features. This does take some time to set up and pull the data, so this would be ideal for a team with a designated SEO professional to administer. This is great for companies looking to take their SEO to the next level, ideally companies who have an SEO strategy in place.