Overall Satisfaction with Brightpearl
We moved from MYOB to Brightpearl and used both systems side-by-side for the last month of the accounting year, firstly to get used to the system and secondly to hit the ground running when the new accounting year began. In actual fact, I'm not sure we needed to as it was extremely intuitive to use.
Usually very good, but can be a little slow to respond. However, the electronic forums and help pages are very good.
We use Brightpearl as our main accounting and invoicing system. All users have access to create their own invoices for work completed, taking a load off the accounts department. Certain users are also granted access to the accounts functions of Brightpearl. Brightpearl provides us with our profit and loss and balance sheet figures on a weekly basis.
- Moving between sections of Brightpearl is particularly good.
- Information about any particular client is available easily, ranging from invoices & quotes to past history.
- Regular updates mean functionality is continually being improved.
- Sometimes updates do break a little bit of the system which can take a while to resolve if it's minor, but not very often.
- Positive - accessing information from anywhere. Brightpearl was one of the first companies to offer online systems.
- Positive - only paying for the users we have. Again, Brightpearl was among the first to take the initiative on this and was one of the reasons we choose them.
- Each staff user does their own invoicing, saving time and duplication.
Brightpearl seems particularly well suited to inventory based businesses or retailers. Its functions for moving stock, dispatching and using products codes is very good. It is perhaps less well suited to service based businesses, but we are one such and have been using it very successfully.