CI done right
April 10, 2018
CI done right
ARM MarketingMarketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with CircleCI
In our Marketing firm when we started developing custom applications for our clients, we needed a robust continuous integration and delivery solution. We used Apache Jenkins for several years before we made a push towards cloud infrastructure. For that purpose we decided to use Circle CI for testing, building and packaging our code in the Github repository. It is used by our Software development department for continuous integration.
- Easy configuration via the Circle.yml file
- Build concurrency helps improve parallel execution of tests.
- CircleCI offers seamless integration with Github, hence the code commits and merges process is very smooth.
- With their new Workflow feature rolled out, we are having issues with test result statistics not being reported correctly.
- Recently we have experienced some major outages with CircleCI and a few performance degradations because of the AWS infrastructure that hosts the services. They had an issue with application authentication failing with Github that resulted in several problems.
- We have seen a marked improvement in our automation testing and regression analysis using CircleCI. It has helped us raise our software quality standards appreciably.