Overall Satisfaction with CircleCI
We use CircleCI to run our React tests as well as build and deploy our React code to AWS CloudFront on both staging and production.
- Deploy to AWS
- Integrate with GitHub
- Ruby support
- YAML files require a lot of configuration for basic setup
- Pricing outside of the free tier is pretty costly for what's offered
- Hard to rebuild a single job in a workflow
- Hard to setup a configuration with multiple dependencies (for example, both node and Python)
- Allows us to have CI
- Allows us to have CD
- Lots of time spent debugging configuration vs writing app code
Pages can be somewhat slow to load. There are a lot of issues with their integrations with third party tools in the background that cause outages or slowdowns on CircleCI.
CircleCI is well suited for a small team that needs to run tests on web app codes like Ruby on Rails, React, Python, etc. It's not as well suited for larger teams as the cost quickly scales up. It's also not well suited for more complicated builds because the configuration process is pretty arcane.