Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Catalyst Switches
- Catalyst 2960 X/XR Series
In our region, the Cisco 2960-X/XR Series Switch has been standardized in our organization as an access switch. In our building, we have 4 floors. On each floor, we have a rack with 2 to 3 2960-X access switches with 48 ports and 10GB uplinks, all with power over ethernet technology to connect workstations, printers, IP phones and points of access. We have been using it for many years and now have a lot of reliability in this product for its high performance, safety, features, durability, and zero technical problems. Cisco always surprises us in positive ways, so we have chosen to purchase several pieces of equipment from them.
- Manageable switch.
- Stacks up to 8 switches on site and is managed with a single IP.
- Layer 3 routing functions.
- It has power over ethernet on all access ports.
- LAN network segmentation with VLANs.
- Avoid loops in the network with spanning tree.
- 2960-X does not stack more than 8 switches.
- Graphical interface can be improved.
- High price.
- The organization was able to create a standardization of a single access switch model in our regional office and helped with equipment management.
- We've increased network security.
- We were able to connect WiFi access points without the need for an external source because they are power over ethernet.
Standardization of 2960-X access switches in our region made it easy to manage the entire LAN solution. We created a network segmentation by department type, as well as one for guests. We also created mechanisms with spanning trees to avoid loops in the network and we were able to route between different VLANs with static routing. It is an easily scalable switch and can be stacked up to 8 units. We manage the entire switch park with Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
We have taken advantage of all the features available on this switch. The 2960-X/[XR Series] Switches are connected to the core switch in our topology. CLI management is excellent and also via Prime software. With an alert and notification system, we have a view of the entire network and the health of the switches. Through the management interface, we are able to apply security features like DHCP snooping, MAC filtering, access control lists, authentication portal, and more.
Do you think Cisco Catalyst Switches delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Catalyst Switches's feature set?
Did Cisco Catalyst Switches live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco Catalyst Switches go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco Catalyst Switches again?
The Cisco Catalyst 2960-X/XR Series Switches has been a reliable reference in the Switch market since the 2950 model. I've used and had positive experiences with the 2960 and 2960S. I also recommend the 2960-X. The CLI interface is one of the best. We recommend the 2960-X for access scenarios and for connecting PCs, printers, phones, and WiFi hotspots. It's reliable, easy to use and very secure.