Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls
We use Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls to create VPN connectivity between sites. We also use this at locations with minimal IT support since configuration is done remotely. We generally use this across the organization.
- VPN Connectivity between sites is basically automatic.
- Configuration is extremely simple.
- We have run into more complex situations that the Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls can not support.
- I think the firmware upgrade can be a bit confusing.
- In remote places where we can not get an MPLS connection, or it is very expensive, we get the Internet and place a Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls.
- We don't need to hire a 3rd party or have an IT tech onsite since the configuration is cloud-based
Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls' support is excellent to work with. They are quick at responding and usually can diagnose a problem and resolve on the first contact.
Do you think Cisco Meraki MX delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Meraki MX's feature set?
Did Cisco Meraki MX live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco Meraki MX go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco Meraki MX again?
- We find Cisco Meraki MX Firewalls best at smaller remote sites where the requirements are relatively primary remote offices, retail locations, ETC. It can be managed remotely as long as there's Internet connectivity, and the VPN configuration back to the central office is excellent.
- Complex firewall operations can be tricky. Some times we have had to resort to using an ASA device.