Overall Satisfaction with dapulse
Our marketing design team first started using dapulse because we needed a more flexible project management system. Our marketing department works with a wide range of projects and consequently we needed something that was easy to share with others, without sharing everything (we love the shared boards). Also because our projects are often shifting in need or collaboration, the mobile nature of how dapulse works makes it easy to move around tasks and update information. It also allowed us to easily choose who got updates when; we opt for just tagging specific people when attention is needed to minimize the number of emails and notifications we all get. And as visual designers, the simplicity in design and structure is wonderful!
- Dapulse is as simple of complex as you make it. For example, we have a 'higher tasks' board which makes for a nice at a glance view of what our department is working on. But then personally, I make my own private boards to flesh out complex ways of tracking large extensive projects, but no one else has to be overwhelmed or confused by seeing my own way of staying organized.
- The layout is visually simple and user friendly. Dapulse gives you a lot of options without "feeling" like there is a lot you need to do. The user interface is very subtle, allowing you to make lots of modifications without cluttering up the space.
- Anytime we have had a question, we have gotten a direct response. The team is very helpful and present.
- I wish there was the option to create your own label color options beyond the colors given.
- The mobile app needs to be re-worked with more intentionality. Right now it functions the same as the desktop, but the user interface should change based on the mobile experience. Long horizontal layouts are not conducive to a mobile screen.
- It helped us realistically visualize how much work our teams actually had and if our deadlines and tasks aligned with our overall schedule and needs.
With both Asana and Basecamp, unless you are the organizer, it is very hard to control how much information you are receiving. That is one reason we chose dapulse because each specific user has more control over how involved they want to be. Asana and Basecamp are also both set up in a way in which you have less flexibility from project-to-project in terms of how you might want to organize, collaborate, and divy up tasks. With dapulse, each project board can look vastly different and that's actually super helpful.