Overall Satisfaction with Dataloader.io
We use Dataloader.io to import and update data in Salesforce. We utilize Dataloader.io over other products when we need to reference other objects in Salesforce and don't have IDs. Its ability to retrieve IDs based on on other fields saves us a lot of time! It is currently being used by our Salesforce administrators.
- The user interface is very easy to use. When I show new admins the different tools they can use Dataloader.io is usually the one they prefer.
- The ability to look up Salesforce IDs based on other fields.
- Keeping a history of jobs with success and error files is a big help. You don't need to save field mappings somewhere else, and you can quickly review what you imported/updated previously.
- The status/progress indicator doesn't always update. Not a big deal, and a quick refresh of the browser will fix this.
- The monthly limit of the free version keeps dropping.
- data loader and Jitterbit
Jitterbit had more features and options, but was also more complicated to use. Salesforce's Data Loader is pretty basic, but there are no limits. We utilize Salesforce's Data Loader for most of our jobs involved a quick import of data, or large amounts of data. Dataloader.io is used for jobs under 10,000 records where there are multiple lookup fields that need to be updated.
Dataloader.io is ideal when you need to update your data and don't have Salesforce IDs. One example we have is the need to update our object for zip code data. I can quickly update fields in the object by finding ID via the Zip Code. I can't think of any scenarios where Dataloader.io wouldn't be well suited.