Dataloader.io delivers a cloud based solution to import and export information from Salesforce.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/6C/FV/1PP42I097VQ1.pngDataloader.IO is the futureDataloader.IO is currently being used by the Enterprise Applications IT team, of which I am a part of. We decided to use the paid version of Dataloader.IO because it easily bridged gaps that other data loading Salesforce applications lacked in. The UI is amazing, but more importantly, it is not a local download. Dataloader.IO is cloud-based and can be accessed anywhere with internet access from any computer. Other applications require a local download and take up memory and processor power on your local machine during data loads, or extractions, which could slow you down when working on a large project. The ability to easily extract data across multiple objects makes this tool even more powerful. If there is a lookup field on the object you are extracting data from, you can also pull data that is related via that lookup. Features like this are super important, but our number one reason was the ease of extracting Salesforce attachments in bulk and in original file format! I am not aware of any tools, at least free tools, that allow you to extract files in original file format. This is critical when migrating data across Salesforce orgs, and will improve not only data quality but the stakeholders percieved value of the data being migrated.,Extracting Salesforce attachments in original file format! I do not know of a tool that can do this better, or more efficiently! This is a huge benefit to companies that would like to extract attachments from Salesforce for tasks like data migrations. Cross-object data extract within one file. You can pull data from related objects as long as there is a populated lookup from the object you are extracting, to another object (Child or Parent). UI is simple and requires very little to no training. Given the acquisition of Mulesoft by Salesforce, I would not be surprised if DataLoader.IO is rolled out as the new global data loading tool for Salesforce.,Since Dataloader.IO is cloud-based, you will find that some objects require you to extract in batches of 100,000. Regardless of the number of fields, 2 or 50, you will need to batch into groups of 100,000 which requires you to use criteria such as data ranges, owners, etc. You will need to conform to the date/time formatting within Dataloader.IO, which differs from Dataloader and other similar tools. This is a very minor inconvenience; however, you will need to know the different formats and when to use them.,10,Ability to meet tight deadlines related to data migration efforts due to increasing efficiency. Queue up several extractions at one time so you can focus on other work is a huge time saver. Once the extractions (Or imports) are complete, you can return to view the status and take next actions. Ability to migrate Salesforce attachments in original file format. I am unaware of any free, or paid, tools that can achieve this with the accuracy and efficiency of Dataloader.IO. Time saved across the IT team due to the ability to extract data across several objects at once has saved countless hours. No more combining documents together to analyze data. You can use Dataloader.IO to extract all of the data, given there are values populated in the lookup fields, in a single report that can help you analyze and make critical decisions.,Jitterbit, DemandTools and Informatica Application ILM,Salesforce.com, Oracle CPQ Cloud (BigMachines), Kimble, Spanning Backup for Salesforce, Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesforce Lightning, HerokuGreat Dataloading Tool for Any Size Salesforce OrganizationWe use dataloader.io for uploading and updating product configurations for Salesforce CPQ as well as cleaning out (deleting) spam emails that come in through email-to-case. It is also a good way for us to upload leads after trade shows, that occasionally error out when trying to upload using the built in salesforce data loader.,The selection of objects is much better and more extensive than the Salesforce built in data loader. Cross referencing of fields for record IDs is easy to use. I can work through this so much more quickly than using the built in Salesforce data loader. Success and error files are easy to identify what needs to be fixed (errors) and identification of records created (successes), so you can quickly do spot checks in your Salesforce org after doing a data load. The number of rows per month for a basic package, 100,000, is great for our business.,When files do not load, it is sometimes hard to identify the error.,10,We are able to so much more efficiently update the records in our Salesforce org and keeping them synced between sandbox and production. Errors in QA testing are decreased thanks to using dataloader.io instead of manually uploading records.,salesforce,Wrike, WordPress, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, Google Analytics, Pardot, SpyFu, LinkodyEasiest Salesforce Data Tool AvailableWe use Dataloader.io to import and update data in Salesforce. We utilize Dataloader.io over other products when we need to reference other objects in Salesforce and don't have IDs. Its ability to retrieve IDs based on on other fields saves us a lot of time! It is currently being used by our Salesforce administrators.,The user interface is very easy to use. When I show new admins the different tools they can use Dataloader.io is usually the one they prefer. The ability to look up Salesforce IDs based on other fields. Keeping a history of jobs with success and error files is a big help. You don't need to save field mappings somewhere else, and you can quickly review what you imported/updated previously.,The status/progress indicator doesn't always update. Not a big deal, and a quick refresh of the browser will fix this. The monthly limit of the free version keeps dropping.,10,The ease of use of this tool saves our Salesforce Admins a lot of time.,data loader and Jitterbit,Salesforce Analytics Cloud, DemandToolsDataloader.io ... an easy to use, efficient data upload tool!For my application, Dataloader.io is being used by the marketing department to upload prospects into the marketing data tables in Salesforce.com. The main advantage to using the Dataloader.io app is that is saves countless hours versus doing manual data entry into the marketing database.,It provides a simple, step-by-step process for uploading new data into Salesforce. The upload process is very efficient and can upload/delete/update a large number of records very quickly. For repeated tasks, Dataloader.io allows you to save your upload process for subsequent work. Dataloader.io has a good error checking function that alerts you to errors and puts them in an easy format to correct.,I've found that, at times, the Dataloader.io app will be working on a upload process and not provide feedback that the process is still active. It can take a bit of time to set up the initial process for an upload. It would be nice if the app supported additional file formats for data uploads.,9,Saves hours vs. manual data entry of getting records into Salesforce which saves a lot of money. Makes our IT group more efficient by pulling them out of standard data upload tasks that can be done by less technical folks. Allows the marketing department to more quickly communicate with their prospects by quickly getting them in to Salesforce, thus helping with sales.,,Salesforce.com, Jaspersoft, Amazon RedshiftWill save you a lot of headache for migrating records, even for Professional Edition companies.I prefer using Dataloader.io than the dataloader that Salesforce provides. It is much more intuitive and is functional for Professional Edition. As the Salesforce administrator, I am the only one who uses Dataloader.io. Importing into non-standard fields and custom fields are easier with Dataloader.io. I find it amusing that I am importing into a cloud solution using another cloud solution.,I had compatibility issues with Salesforce's dataloader and it just wouldn't execute for our Professional Edition. I believe this was a API access issue. Dataloader.io worked. I requested access to non-standard fields, and I was able to identify those fields and update records very easily with Dataloader.io. I wasn't able to import batches due to not having API access, but I was still able to import less than 200 records. When I imported a file and it failed for any reason, Dataloader.io notified me and kept the file in a history for me to re-execute anytime. I could fix the problem on our production side and run the import again without having to remap.,I actually really enjoy the features Dataloader.io offers as a sole user with limited needs. I see a lot of bells and whistles, like the getting files from an FTP site or Dropbox, so I can't really expect or recommend any improvements.,10,Faster migration and updating of records.,Excel Connector,Salesforce dataloader,10
Dataloader.io

Dataloader.io Reviews

Dataloader.io
Filter 24 vetted Dataloader.io reviews and ratings
Samuel Kephart ☁ profile photo
July 02, 2018

User Review: "Dataloader.IO is the future"

• Extracting Salesforce attachments in original file format! I do not know of a tool that can do this better, or more efficiently! This is a huge benefit to companies that would like to extract attachments from Salesforce for tasks like data migrations.
  • Cross-object data extract within one file. You can pull data from related objects as long as there is a populated lookup from the object you are extracting, to another object (Child or Parent).
  • UI is simple and requires very little to no training. Given the acquisition of Mulesoft by Salesforce, I would not be surprised if DataLoader.IO is rolled out as the new global data loading tool for Salesforce.
  • Since Dataloader.IO is cloud-based, you will find that some objects require you to extract in batches of 100,000. Regardless of the number of fields, 2 or 50, you will need to batch into groups of 100,000 which requires you to use criteria such as data ranges, owners, etc.
  • You will need to conform to the date/time formatting within Dataloader.IO, which differs from Dataloader and other similar tools. This is a very minor inconvenience; however, you will need to know the different formats and when to use them.
Data migrations, in general, will be more efficient when using Dataloader.IO. You will find that you are able to queue up several extractions at the same time, or several inserts/updates at the same time, which is great. Inserts/Updates or Extracts are called tasks in Dataloader.IO. You can increase efficiency when you queue up several tasks at the same time, and you will not slow down your PC since this is cloud-based.
Read Samuel Kephart ☁'s full review
Jack Pennuto profile photo
March 20, 2018

Dataloader.io Review: "Great Dataloading Tool for Any Size Salesforce Organization"

We use dataloader.io for uploading and updating product configurations for Salesforce CPQ as well as cleaning out (deleting) spam emails that come in through email-to-case. It is also a good way for us to upload leads after trade shows, that occasionally error out when trying to upload using the built in Salesforce data loader.
  • The selection of objects is much better and more extensive than the Salesforce built in data loader.
  • Cross referencing of fields for record IDs is easy to use. I can work through this so much more quickly than using the built in Salesforce data loader.
  • Success and error files are easy to identify what needs to be fixed (errors) and identification of records created (successes), so you can quickly do spot checks in your Salesforce org after doing a data load.
  • The number of rows per month for a basic package, 100,000, is great for our business.
  • When files do not load, it is sometimes hard to identify the error.
For the scenarios of having large amount of records that need to be added or updated, such as CPQ products, configurations, options, and price books, Dataloader.io is well suited. With the changes in the last few years from the Salesforce Dataloader, this software is quicker to upload new leads and is a little better than Salesforce data loader in automatically recognizing field titles.
Read Jack Pennuto's full review
Tony Messier profile photo
March 14, 2018

Dataloader.io Review: "Easiest Salesforce Data Tool Available"

• The user interface is very easy to use. When I show new admins the different tools they can use Dataloader.io is usually the one they prefer.
  • The ability to look up Salesforce IDs based on other fields.
  • Keeping a history of jobs with success and error files is a big help. You don't need to save field mappings somewhere else, and you can quickly review what you imported/updated previously.
  • The status/progress indicator doesn't always update. Not a big deal, and a quick refresh of the browser will fix this.
  • The monthly limit of the free version keeps dropping.
Dataloader.io is ideal when you need to update your data and don't have Salesforce IDs. One example we have is the need to update our object for zip code data. I can quickly update fields in the object by finding ID via the Zip Code. I can't think of any scenarios where Dataloader.io wouldn't be well suited.
Read Tony Messier's full review
Jeffry Ziegler profile photo
September 19, 2016

Review: "Dataloader.io ... an easy to use, efficient data upload tool!"

• It provides a simple, step-by-step process for uploading new data into Salesforce.
  • The upload process is very efficient and can upload/delete/update a large number of records very quickly.
  • For repeated tasks, Dataloader.io allows you to save your upload process for subsequent work.
  • Dataloader.io has a good error checking function that alerts you to errors and puts them in an easy format to correct.
  • I've found that, at times, the Dataloader.io app will be working on a upload process and not provide feedback that the process is still active.
  • It can take a bit of time to set up the initial process for an upload.
  • It would be nice if the app supported additional file formats for data uploads.
Dataloader.io is very well suited for use by individuals that may not have the detailed technical ability to otherwise do a data upload ... once of course, the basic process is created by someone with a more technical ability. By and large, we've found that for our specific marketing application of getting reasonably small batches (500 or less) of prospects into Salesforce, we couldn't find a better application than Dataloader.io! We've been very happy with the way it operates and how well it works.
Read Jeffry Ziegler's full review
Jerel Walker profile photo
March 04, 2014

Dataloader.io: "Will save you a lot of headache for migrating records, even for Professional Edition companies."

• I had compatibility issues with Salesforce's dataloader and it just wouldn't execute for our Professional Edition. I believe this was a API access issue. Dataloader.io worked.
  • I requested access to non-standard fields, and I was able to identify those fields and update records very easily with Dataloader.io.
  • I wasn't able to import batches due to not having API access, but I was still able to import less than 200 records.
  • When I imported a file and it failed for any reason, Dataloader.io notified me and kept the file in a history for me to re-execute anytime. I could fix the problem on our production side and run the import again without having to remap.
  • I actually really enjoy the features Dataloader.io offers as a sole user with limited needs. I see a lot of bells and whistles, like the getting files from an FTP site or Dropbox, so I can't really expect or recommend any improvements.
If a company has Professional Edition, Dataloader.io is really the only way to go. I would still recommended it for Enterprise and Unlimited users because Sales platform's import/export functionality is lackluster and sometimes you needs to update a large set of records instead. Most importantly, Dataloader.io was my lifesaver when I needed to migrate between Leads and Contacts. I wasn't able to use Salesforce's dataloader or the Excel Connector, which was absurd.
Read Jerel Walker's full review
April 12, 2016

Dataloader.io Review: "Batch import and update with Dataloader."

Dataloader is used within the office of admission as well as the office of graduate and professional studies. It is used in conjunction with TargetX/Salesforce.com to batch import and update records within the CRM.
  • Dataloader is a great tool for batch importing new records into TargetX/Salesforce.com.
  • It is also used for batch updating records already in the CRM system.
  • Dataloader has the ability to batch delete specific fields/items on records, as well as batch deleting the records themselves.
  • Not all fields are available for matching a record during updating. It would be great to be able to use any unique record identifier to match on. However, this may be a limitation of the CRM system, and not a limitation of Dataloader itself.
Dataloader is very well suited as a record importer or record updater, especially for users of TargetX/Salesforce.com.
April 10, 2015

User Review: "Way to go, Dataloader.io!"

I trust Dataloader.io every day to load and export data in support of our Salesforce.com instance, and our sales reps trust me to insert new data accurately and in a timely fashion. Without Dataloader.io to support our ETL processes, I don't know what I would do. Dataloader.io makes mapping fields extremely easy- and although performing bulk tasks in a live environment is always nerve-wracking, I am supremely happy to report that if anything should ever go wrong when upserting data I have only myself to blame.

I use Dataloader.io both at my job, and as a consultant, for non-profit and for-profit institutions alike. My hat's off to Mulesoft for putting together a great program that I can trust. Despite bad apples in the world of software, I feel that Mulesoft and Dataloader.io in particular are examples of success that live up to their promises.

Thank you Mulesoft for providing us with such a great tool!
  • Flexibility in extract and load processes; mapping fields is extremely easy.
  • Performance driven; jobs of 60,000 records take under a minute to complete.
  • Compatibility with all Salesforce objects, standard and custom.
  • At the moment, I can't find a way to rename jobs. This would be useful to organize what was previously created hastily by techs in a rush.
  • A preview of the job, especially upserts, would take a great deal of stress away from some of us (especially those who are not so confident in their ETL practice).
  • A native vlookup equivalent may be a welcome addition.
Dataloader.io is well suited to extracting and uploading data, in small and large sets, from csv to Salesforce.
June 30, 2014

Review: "Dataloader.io: A great tool to manage data"

Dataloader.io is a great tool provided by Salesforce for managing, importing, updating, and exporting data. As a Salesforce Developer, I use Dataloader everyday to manage large data sets. With the graphical tool, users can easily drag and drop to map all the fields they need to import or export data. I found Dataloader a very powerful tool especially in managing large data sets. And you know, in every business, data is the king.
  • Insert, Upsert Data from CSV file into Salesforce.
  • Export data from Salesforce to a CSV file.
  • Dataloader will tell you what are the errors in managing data when you try to insert or upsert data.
  • Mapping fields especially with ObjectID is sometimes not quite smooth.
  • The error messages in CSV file sometimes are not quite clear. Users hardly find a solution in fixing the errors.
  • You cannot export more than 10,000 rows using Dataloader.io, it would be the limitation
Dataloader.io is a powerful tool for managing data, to insert, upsert, and export data into CSV file. The question to ask is what are the appropriate fields, or data you need to insert or upsert.
July 07, 2014

Dataloader.io: "DL.io Quick Review"

We use Dataloader.io as an alternative to the Apex tool. The interface is much easier to navigate and makes more sense as an Administrator. It's currently used to update accounts and add new accounts. We also use it to upsert records in a complex Parent hierarchy.
  • Clones jobs
  • Easily edit existing jobs
  • Search jobs
  • More seamless integration into Salesforce.com
  • Duplicate tools built in
It is very user friendly and easy to access.
February 28, 2014

User Review: "Thumbs up for Dataloader.io"

It is primarily being used to conduct data jobs. It is being used by me, the Salesforce admin and expert at the company. The data it touches is across the whole organization. It allows us to do data jobs without the apex data loader. It is easy to teach others how to use.
  • In the cloud. You don't have to download or install anything.
  • Doesn't require security token.
  • Easy to use interface and mappings.
  • Ability to save and re-run jobs.
  • Sometimes exports fail.
  • Doesn't work with ftp or box or dropbox.
  • No upsert feature.
What experience do you have with data jobs? If you don't like apex data loader, you will like dataloader.io. it is easier to use, and the interface is nicer. However, it isn't as powerful as some of the other, less pretty tools. Also, if you are concerned with security of the data, then you need to understand that the data loader goes to an external server.

About Dataloader.io