Dataloader.io Reviews

September 16, 2020
Kurt Johansen | TrustRadius Reviewer
When we need to extract mass data to scrub for errors/gaps, acquire customer lists/company data we need to import into Salesforce, dataloader.io is the tool we rely on to complete these, sometimes very large, extractions or imports. Its pretty well a seamless integration and solid platform to use to parse through volumes of information within your SF CRM.
  • Splitting data between object sets
  • Mass upload/Insert ability makes changing multiple data sets on multiple fields very simple
  • Ease of use. One of the few instances Salesforce data correlation is very black and white.
  • The lag time doing large data sets can be tricky. Especially if you have errors.
  • It sometimes does not feel very stable; can error out multiple times for no real reason
  • Custom integration support needed
It is a great tool for parsing data. Nothing terribly diffiuclt about its function other than the basic knowledge of field nomenclature within SF and its related objects. If you have a basic Admin understanding of how SF operates, the dataloader tool will be pretty simple to use, understand and teach.
To be honest, I have never had to use it, so I can not comment.
Read Kurt Johansen's full review
September 21, 2020
Jordan Chevalier | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Dataloader.io as a data import wizard in Salesforce. It's better than the standard data import wizard & dataloader supplied by Salesforce because you can auto-map some fields and save a lot of time. It's also possible to plan some batches. I spend less time on Excel and that's really impacting my job. The main use of this software is to import accounts & contacts on Salesforce. But you can also export your data and clean it via this software.
  • Fields auto-mapping
  • Secure and simple
  • Batch scheduling
  • Professional version is really expensive.
  • Lack of features.
If you have a simple Salesforce organization with fewer import needs, this is not useful at all. Also, if you have a strong Data Team, you don't have to buy Dataloader.io. On my side, I really prefer the real Dataloader given by Salesforce. It takes a little longer to set up but is really more simple, efficient, and reliable, without lags.
Didn't have to contact support, strong product :)
Read Jordan Chevalier's full review
Rich Beliveau | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use this utility with some clients to aid in data loads, exports, and updates. This is used by various staff as a utility in the place of Salesforce Dataloader. This application is very intuitive and aids with data mapping as well as a historical view of work completed in the Salesforce org for exports, inserts, updates.
  • Data mapping
  • Links to download exports including successful or failed imports/updates.
  • Rerunning previous jobs
  • Tracking history of tasks completed in the Salesforce org.
  • Progress bar indicator would be helpful.
  • Options for quickly switching between salesforce orgs.
  • Increase monthly limits for free edition.
This product is excellent for quickly logging into a Salesforce Production or Sandbox Org, and being able to navigate objects to collect the information you are looking for. The user interface is very easy to understand and with minimal work you are able to write queries and export information you are looking for. Once the exports are completed, use your preferred Excel/Google Sheet viewer to make modifications and you can quickly update/insert new records back through the same utility.
The utility itself is very self-explanatory and has enough information to guide you through the process. It has an intuitive experience for those familiar with data loading/exporting utilities. Outside of this, they have a Zendesk help center to log support requests and provide documentation to help guide you troubleshoot any issues that may be occurring.
Read Rich Beliveau's full review
September 17, 2020
Daniel Chance | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilize Dataloader to mass load both sales prospect data into Salesforce, as well as actual customer data into their org. This tool is extremely crucial in shortening the time to get data into our org and we can spend more time on what we do with the data in there.
  • Easy user interface
  • Speed of upload
  • Alerting of issues/problems with upload
  • Maybe a little bit more help text and process instruction
  • A few more bells and whistles/automation could help
I think this is not the right tool if you are trying to upload a low number of items/objects. It is better to use the standard upload process to add those items and populate fields on the fly. This is really built for a mass data set that you have in a standard layout that can be pushed in and mass create items.
I think this is one of the only and best tools to get data into salesforce. It is critical to our business function, and has delivered unmatched ROI. This tool can be easily used by almost anyone, and training is very minimal to onboard someone to drive this process. I love it!
Read Daniel Chance's full review
September 12, 2020
Karan Gupta | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is used to add new leads and contact information to Salesforce. It's being used by Sales enablement department. It helps in keeping the data available to the sales teams. Dataloader provides an easy way to add data as large amounts of data can be added instantly. Dataloader is also easy to use and troubleshoot if needed.
  • Uploads large amount of data
  • Easy to troubleshoot
  • Learning curve
  • Doesn't notify when there are data errors
It helps in large amounts of data to be uploaded to the Salesforce database. It also adds information where one can see that the data was uploaded through the Dataloader platform. This makes it easier to change or correct data. One can also pull a large amount of data in one query.
It has done what we intented it to do.
Read Karan Gupta's full review
September 20, 2020
Dataloader is used by our Sales Operations team to update sales records in bulk. This has allowed us to:
  • Maintain data integrity easily and efficiently
  • Add new information into our SalesForce environment easily and efficiently
  • Update our accounts, account owners, contacts, and contact information easily and efficiently
  • Maintain opportunity progression over a large number of accounts
  • Close opportunities in bulk to alleviate the manual entry from salespeople and enable them to sell more products!
  • Easily update a wide swath of data.
  • Significantly reduce manual manipulation of data.
  • Built in efficiencies to templatize recurrent data loads.
  • User downloads is a bit cumbersome.
  • Easier method to sign back in.
  • More robust training material.
Dataloader is an incredible asset for a large organization or an organization that has a robust Salesforce environment. Specifically, Dataloader has allowed our sales team to focus on driving sales while our operations team can load the data they need in a manner that allows for robust reporting and tracking on our sales process. Organizations with less robust Salesforce environments or Salesforce environments in which many people are expected to maintain their own information likely do not need Dataloader.
Dataloader has been a very easy company to work with and set our team up for success from day 1. While the initial learning curve is steep, we have felt like we were set up for success long term. The peer community for Dataloader is robust as well, so we have felt very comfortable utilizing the product.
September 12, 2020
I used Dataloader pretty much everyday to upload new data or update existing data in Salesforce. It is being mainly used in our sales operations department. It helps with the data management in Salesforce, ensuring people have their access needed to each account and therefore could make new quotes for an account.
  • Automatic mapping on fields with similar names.
  • Fast loading process.
  • Allows bulk changes to be made though the upsert option.
  • Update option is being rarely used, unsure about the difference between upsert and update.
  • Always get errors when setting the batch API as a large number.
  • Sometimes I get loading errors when the number of records that need to be loaded is large.
Dataloader works pretty well with small datasets, either if you needs to insert new records or update existing records. It will do most mappings automatically for you as long as the field names are close enough with what is in Salesforce. However, I do get errors many times when I have a big dataset to load and I have to break it down into small batches and load them separately even though I am holding a corporate license (which allows me unlimited loading access).
I am pretty satisfied with their solid technical support. Dataloader's team has been adding features to the system, always for the better and with robust deployment. They typically respond to emails pretty fast and would address any problem in an efficient manner. Plus it is easy to find subscription support whenever you have questions on subscription fee/charges/transaction method/time etc.
December 30, 2020
Dataloader.io is used by a handful of Salesforce admins in our company. It's not mandatory; more of a personal preference. I switch back and forth between that and the Data Loader application. It doesn't necessarily address any "problems," rather it makes us more productive in our day to day. Instead of manually inserting, updating, or deleting data, we turn to Dataloader.io to automate it.
  • Scheduled imports/exports
  • Updated user interface
  • Better/more intelligent field mapping
  • Offer more scheduled runs with free version
  • Increase number of records with free version
  • Free version gets the job done, but the next tier is rather expensive
Dataloader.io and the Data Loader application are virtually the same thing, so it boils down to a personal preference. I started my Salesforce career using the application, so I didn't use Dataloader.io very much until recently. Dataloader.io is nice to use if you'd like an updated user interface and experience, as well as schedulable runs. Unless you want to pay for more functionality, I would suggest sticking with the Data Loader app for massive amounts of data.
September 23, 2020
It is used by the IT dept. We use it to upload data files with lots of data, i.e., over 100mb Excel spreadsheets with hundreds of thousands of rows. It is a decent tool that gets the job done, although the UI definitely could be better. Doesn't seem like it is a major priority for Salesforce.
  • Uploading large amounts of data
  • Mapping data to the correct fields
  • Simplifying the process of data upload
  • The UI
  • Often spits out error messages that are not specific.
  • Usually takes more than 1 attempt to install it
Dataloader.io is well suited for importing or exporting large amounts of data. It simplifies the process for you. Although it depends on the user's skills as to what you consider as simplified. It can sometimes give you errors that do not make sense and you have to figure out where the errors might be. Overall, it is a decent tool but could be better. It needs more competition to keep it up to date.
There is support for Dataloader.io, but it is nothing great. The support usually takes long to get back and requires back and forth conversations. I recommend screen-sharing in the 1st meeting to speed things up.
September 20, 2020
We use Dataloader.io for a very single department using Salesforce. Each department that has onboarded onto Salesforce had some sort of operational tool or platform used for their data management. Most of these systems were legacy-based and required servers or on-prem access. I used dataloader.io for each department to import, update, and/or upsert their data into Salesforce.
  • Upserts
  • Imports
  • Updates
  • Upserting more dynamically
  • Updating/Inserting more custom configurations/objects.
  • Less expensive cost
Given Salesforce's helpful trailhead on how to use this platform, I find it very intuitive and user-friendly which is one of the reasons I would easily recommend this product to a colleague. Not only is it easy to use, but it's very complex and has provided us with exactly what we need for data integrity.
I always feel like there is room for improvement, so a 10/10 in my book is not possible. Due to the easy-to-learn trail on Salesforce Trailhead for exporting, importing, etc. I find it exactly what any customer may need for their data management and integrity. This tool saves time, resources, and has helped our organization take a step forward in the right direction.
September 18, 2020
We currently use Dataloader.io to mass update and insert records into our Salesforce environments for large data driven projects.
  • Updating existing records.
  • Inserting new records.
  • Upserting into current records.
  • Data mapping.
  • The UI is a little dated.
  • The mapping function could be more intuitive.
  • The time it takes to update on large uploads could be improved.
Any projects where data is in a particular field that is being deprecated and you need to transfer that data to a new field to keep the historical record is a good use case for Dataloader.io.
I have not had to reach out for any support.
September 13, 2020
We used Dataloader.io to import, export, and delete data from our student portal to another system we use to manage accounts on campus. We also used Dataloader.io to import large amounts of contact information from other sources like standardized testing agencies and college fairs our recruitment attended throughout last year.
  • Ease of use
  • No need to download software
  • Security
  • Expensive
  • Priced per user
  • Only email & community support
Dataloader.io is great if you have a small team or a single person tasked with managing or mapping data from one system to another. If you want access to a large team and have more than 100,000 records per month, the price can quickly get out of hand. Dataloader.io works best for small teams.
Customer support might be where Dataloader.io saves money. Most of the competitors offer 24/7 live support but Dataloader.io only offers support via email and the community. Those types of support work fine until you need an answer right away. Some questions can't wait until the next business day or business hours for a reply.
September 11, 2020
Dataloader is a very powerful tool by Mulesoft, Salesforce. Being an admin of data I use this tool for basic operations like Insert, Update, and Delete. Dataloader has a simple interface. It is a powerful tool for mass update the contacts or deletes. With the simple mapping of fields, you can perform these operations (Insert, Update, Delete) on your data. Duplicates and incorrect data can be rectified using this tool and the purpose of why I use this tool is for data cleansing.
  • It supports a mass update of contacts in a single go.
  • Basic operations like Insert, Update and Delete are possible.
  • It has a simple interface, no major training is required.
  • Limit of free usage can be extended.
  • Finding errors while performing an operation is tricky.
Dataloader.io is best for organizations dealing with a large amount of data. We can update, delete, and insert contacts in bulk which is really helpful. With the mapping of fields, one can easily perform these operations. The UI is simple, it doesn't require much training.

When you have less data, you can simply use the Salesforce interface for these operations.
December 07, 2019
David Powell | TrustRadius Reviewer
We're attempting to implement an integration between our MySQL database and Salesforce. The process of this relies on Dataloader.io and it's upload scheduler.
  • Smooth Dropbox Integration
  • False advertising on feature availability in the Free version. We'd like to expand these integrations, but there's 0 chance we're paying money before we know if their product works for us. As it is, their support article dated September 2019 indicates you can use the free version to schedule one task. That's false. Attempting to schedule 1 task redirects you to a pricing page and hits you up for a subscription.
  • Literally 0 support exists for people who are not paying customers. I get that they're a business, and want to make money but they're following the troubling trend of documenting predominantly features and not limitations, then denying support to users running into these invisible barriers. As a consumer, I judge how a business will treat me when I'm paying them money based on how they treat me when I'm not.
At this point there's a 0 percent chance I'll recommend dataloader.io. I will probably mention that they claim to have the functionality I was seeking, but denied me the ability to test it before purchase and misrepresented that offering. In point of fact, I am about 10x more likely to talk about the fact that they misled me into a paywall than the features I sought from them.
Given that it does not exist for those putting the product through a trial run, I'm tempted to try to put a 0 here.
Read David Powell's full review
July 02, 2018
Samuel Kephart ☁ | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dataloader.IO is currently being used by the Enterprise Applications IT team, of which I am a part of. We decided to use the paid version of Dataloader.IO because it easily bridged gaps that other data loading Salesforce applications lacked in. The UI is amazing, but more importantly, it is not a local download. Dataloader.IO is cloud-based and can be accessed anywhere with internet access from any computer. Other applications require a local download and take up memory and processor power on your local machine during data loads, or extractions, which could slow you down when working on a large project. The ability to easily extract data across multiple objects makes this tool even more powerful. If there is a lookup field on the object you are extracting data from, you can also pull data that is related via that lookup. Features like this are super important, but our number one reason was the ease of extracting Salesforce attachments in bulk and in original file format! I am not aware of any tools, at least free tools, that allow you to extract files in original file format. This is critical when migrating data across Salesforce orgs, and will improve not only data quality but the stakeholders percieved value of the data being migrated.
  • Extracting Salesforce attachments in original file format! I do not know of a tool that can do this better, or more efficiently! This is a huge benefit to companies that would like to extract attachments from Salesforce for tasks like data migrations.
  • Cross-object data extract within one file. You can pull data from related objects as long as there is a populated lookup from the object you are extracting, to another object (Child or Parent).
  • UI is simple and requires very little to no training. Given the acquisition of Mulesoft by Salesforce, I would not be surprised if DataLoader.IO is rolled out as the new global data loading tool for Salesforce.
  • Since Dataloader.IO is cloud-based, you will find that some objects require you to extract in batches of 100,000. Regardless of the number of fields, 2 or 50, you will need to batch into groups of 100,000 which requires you to use criteria such as data ranges, owners, etc.
  • You will need to conform to the date/time formatting within Dataloader.IO, which differs from Dataloader and other similar tools. This is a very minor inconvenience; however, you will need to know the different formats and when to use them.
Data migrations, in general, will be more efficient when using Dataloader.IO. You will find that you are able to queue up several extractions at the same time, or several inserts/updates at the same time, which is great. Inserts/Updates or Extracts are called tasks in Dataloader.IO. You can increase efficiency when you queue up several tasks at the same time, and you will not slow down your PC since this is cloud-based.
Read Samuel Kephart ☁'s full review
March 20, 2018
Jack Pennuto | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use dataloader.io for uploading and updating product configurations for Salesforce CPQ as well as cleaning out (deleting) spam emails that come in through email-to-case. It is also a good way for us to upload leads after trade shows, that occasionally error out when trying to upload using the built in Salesforce data loader.
  • The selection of objects is much better and more extensive than the Salesforce built in data loader.
  • Cross referencing of fields for record IDs is easy to use. I can work through this so much more quickly than using the built in Salesforce data loader.
  • Success and error files are easy to identify what needs to be fixed (errors) and identification of records created (successes), so you can quickly do spot checks in your Salesforce org after doing a data load.
  • The number of rows per month for a basic package, 100,000, is great for our business.
  • When files do not load, it is sometimes hard to identify the error.
For the scenarios of having large amount of records that need to be added or updated, such as CPQ products, configurations, options, and price books, Dataloader.io is well suited. With the changes in the last few years from the Salesforce Dataloader, this software is quicker to upload new leads and is a little better than Salesforce data loader in automatically recognizing field titles.
Read Jack Pennuto's full review
March 14, 2018
Tony Messier | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Dataloader.io to import and update data in Salesforce. We utilize Dataloader.io over other products when we need to reference other objects in Salesforce and don't have IDs. Its ability to retrieve IDs based on on other fields saves us a lot of time! It is currently being used by our Salesforce administrators.
  • The user interface is very easy to use. When I show new admins the different tools they can use Dataloader.io is usually the one they prefer.
  • The ability to look up Salesforce IDs based on other fields.
  • Keeping a history of jobs with success and error files is a big help. You don't need to save field mappings somewhere else, and you can quickly review what you imported/updated previously.
  • The status/progress indicator doesn't always update. Not a big deal, and a quick refresh of the browser will fix this.
  • The monthly limit of the free version keeps dropping.
Dataloader.io is ideal when you need to update your data and don't have Salesforce IDs. One example we have is the need to update our object for zip code data. I can quickly update fields in the object by finding ID via the Zip Code. I can't think of any scenarios where Dataloader.io wouldn't be well suited.
Read Tony Messier's full review
September 19, 2016
Jeffry Ziegler | TrustRadius Reviewer
For my application, Dataloader.io is being used by the marketing department to upload prospects into the marketing data tables in Salesforce.com. The main advantage to using the Dataloader.io app is that is saves countless hours versus doing manual data entry into the marketing database.
  • It provides a simple, step-by-step process for uploading new data into Salesforce.
  • The upload process is very efficient and can upload/delete/update a large number of records very quickly.
  • For repeated tasks, Dataloader.io allows you to save your upload process for subsequent work.
  • Dataloader.io has a good error checking function that alerts you to errors and puts them in an easy format to correct.
  • I've found that, at times, the Dataloader.io app will be working on a upload process and not provide feedback that the process is still active.
  • It can take a bit of time to set up the initial process for an upload.
  • It would be nice if the app supported additional file formats for data uploads.
Dataloader.io is very well suited for use by individuals that may not have the detailed technical ability to otherwise do a data upload ... once of course, the basic process is created by someone with a more technical ability. By and large, we've found that for our specific marketing application of getting reasonably small batches (500 or less) of prospects into Salesforce, we couldn't find a better application than Dataloader.io! We've been very happy with the way it operates and how well it works.
Read Jeffry Ziegler's full review
March 04, 2014
Jerel Walker | TrustRadius Reviewer
I prefer using Dataloader.io than the dataloader that Salesforce provides. It is much more intuitive and is functional for Professional Edition. As the Salesforce administrator, I am the only one who uses Dataloader.io. Importing into non-standard fields and custom fields are easier with Dataloader.io. I find it amusing that I am importing into a cloud solution using another cloud solution.
  • I had compatibility issues with Salesforce's dataloader and it just wouldn't execute for our Professional Edition. I believe this was a API access issue. Dataloader.io worked.
  • I requested access to non-standard fields, and I was able to identify those fields and update records very easily with Dataloader.io.
  • I wasn't able to import batches due to not having API access, but I was still able to import less than 200 records.
  • When I imported a file and it failed for any reason, Dataloader.io notified me and kept the file in a history for me to re-execute anytime. I could fix the problem on our production side and run the import again without having to remap.
  • I actually really enjoy the features Dataloader.io offers as a sole user with limited needs. I see a lot of bells and whistles, like the getting files from an FTP site or Dropbox, so I can't really expect or recommend any improvements.
If a company has Professional Edition, Dataloader.io is really the only way to go. I would still recommended it for Enterprise and Unlimited users because Sales platform's import/export functionality is lackluster and sometimes you needs to update a large set of records instead. Most importantly, Dataloader.io was my lifesaver when I needed to migrate between Leads and Contacts. I wasn't able to use Salesforce's dataloader or the Excel Connector, which was absurd.
Read Jerel Walker's full review
April 12, 2016
Dataloader is used within the office of admission as well as the office of graduate and professional studies. It is used in conjunction with TargetX/Salesforce.com to batch import and update records within the CRM.
  • Dataloader is a great tool for batch importing new records into TargetX/Salesforce.com.
  • It is also used for batch updating records already in the CRM system.
  • Dataloader has the ability to batch delete specific fields/items on records, as well as batch deleting the records themselves.
  • Not all fields are available for matching a record during updating. It would be great to be able to use any unique record identifier to match on. However, this may be a limitation of the CRM system, and not a limitation of Dataloader itself.
Dataloader is very well suited as a record importer or record updater, especially for users of TargetX/Salesforce.com.
April 10, 2015
I trust Dataloader.io every day to load and export data in support of our Salesforce.com instance, and our sales reps trust me to insert new data accurately and in a timely fashion. Without Dataloader.io to support our ETL processes, I don't know what I would do. Dataloader.io makes mapping fields extremely easy- and although performing bulk tasks in a live environment is always nerve-wracking, I am supremely happy to report that if anything should ever go wrong when upserting data I have only myself to blame.

I use Dataloader.io both at my job, and as a consultant, for non-profit and for-profit institutions alike. My hat's off to Mulesoft for putting together a great program that I can trust. Despite bad apples in the world of software, I feel that Mulesoft and Dataloader.io in particular are examples of success that live up to their promises.

Thank you Mulesoft for providing us with such a great tool!
  • Flexibility in extract and load processes; mapping fields is extremely easy.
  • Performance driven; jobs of 60,000 records take under a minute to complete.
  • Compatibility with all Salesforce objects, standard and custom.
  • At the moment, I can't find a way to rename jobs. This would be useful to organize what was previously created hastily by techs in a rush.
  • A preview of the job, especially upserts, would take a great deal of stress away from some of us (especially those who are not so confident in their ETL practice).
  • A native vlookup equivalent may be a welcome addition.
Dataloader.io is well suited to extracting and uploading data, in small and large sets, from csv to Salesforce.
June 30, 2014
Dataloader.io is a great tool provided by Salesforce for managing, importing, updating, and exporting data. As a Salesforce Developer, I use Dataloader everyday to manage large data sets. With the graphical tool, users can easily drag and drop to map all the fields they need to import or export data. I found Dataloader a very powerful tool especially in managing large data sets. And you know, in every business, data is the king.
  • Insert, Upsert Data from CSV file into Salesforce.
  • Export data from Salesforce to a CSV file.
  • Dataloader will tell you what are the errors in managing data when you try to insert or upsert data.
  • Mapping fields especially with ObjectID is sometimes not quite smooth.
  • The error messages in CSV file sometimes are not quite clear. Users hardly find a solution in fixing the errors.
  • You cannot export more than 10,000 rows using Dataloader.io, it would be the limitation
Dataloader.io is a powerful tool for managing data, to insert, upsert, and export data into CSV file. The question to ask is what are the appropriate fields, or data you need to insert or upsert.
July 07, 2014
We use Dataloader.io as an alternative to the Apex tool. The interface is much easier to navigate and makes more sense as an Administrator. It's currently used to update accounts and add new accounts. We also use it to upsert records in a complex Parent hierarchy.
  • Clones jobs
  • Easily edit existing jobs
  • Search jobs
  • More seamless integration into Salesforce.com
  • Duplicate tools built in
It is very user friendly and easy to access.
February 28, 2014
It is primarily being used to conduct data jobs. It is being used by me, the Salesforce admin and expert at the company. The data it touches is across the whole organization. It allows us to do data jobs without the apex data loader. It is easy to teach others how to use.
  • In the cloud. You don't have to download or install anything.
  • Doesn't require security token.
  • Easy to use interface and mappings.
  • Ability to save and re-run jobs.
  • Sometimes exports fail.
  • Doesn't work with ftp or box or dropbox.
  • No upsert feature.
What experience do you have with data jobs? If you don't like apex data loader, you will like dataloader.io. it is easier to use, and the interface is nicer. However, it isn't as powerful as some of the other, less pretty tools. Also, if you are concerned with security of the data, then you need to understand that the data loader goes to an external server.

What is Dataloader.io?

Dataloader.io delivers a cloud based solution to import and export information from Salesforce.

Dataloader.io Competitors