DemandTools is a must have for Salesforce data hygienehttps://www.trustradius.com/data-cleansingDemandToolsUnspecified9.2371012013-05-10T18:46:07.166Z
Updated December 04, 2014
DemandTools is a must have for Salesforce data hygiene
Score 10 out of 101
- SIngle Table Deduplicator
Overall Satisfaction with DemandTools
- The tools for deduping records are very complete. Not only will it clean up duplicates within the same database, but you can compare leads to existing account and existing contacts to look for duplicates in separate databases.
- They have several ways to do mass updates of multiple records at one time, and I had done updates of 50,000+ records at one time so it will handle large batch updates.
- I have yet to find something that I think they do poorly. The tool is focused in some very specific areas but handles those areas very well.
- The most easily quantifiable return is the cleaning of duplicates. When we first loaded data into Salesforce we had no tool for cleaning duplicates and were loading spreadsheets that a number of different people had collected and maintained over the years, along with lists we got from vendors and trade associations we work with. We had a ton of duplicates in the system but within 30 days of of implementing DemandTools we were able to eliminate 30% of our database of over 400,000 total records from accounts, contacts and leads. This was not eliminating names but just cleaning up the mess we had loaded. Since then i have had our data looked at by several different people outside our company for multiple different reasons, and in most cases I got positive feedback about how duplicate-free our database is.
I can't imagine use Salesforce with any significant number of records and not also using DemandTools
- We use DemandTools to help control data within Salesforce. It is our primary way to clean up duplicate records, do mass updates and edits to records and for reassigning large blocks of records as needed. I consider DemandTools as being like Norton was for Windows in the early days. It provides the utilities you really must have to manage the data effectively