Overall Satisfaction with Deputy
We use Deputy across our entire company. All employees receive their Deputy link as first step in employment orientation; and all employees use Deputy daily at work. The 2 main purposes we use Deputy is for clock-in and -out; and scheduling all shifts across each station (bartenders, customer service, fry cook, grill cook, prep cook, dish, bicycle delivery). For employees, having their schedule in real-time on their mobile with ability to message one another and swap shifts is a big help. As owner, the clock in and clock out function, and how we can export it directly into our ADP payroll processing is the biggest help for me. Most of my employees are students, have a second job, or child care needs. So the "unavailability" and "leave" function helps me keep up with each person's unique schedule needs so I can best accommodate.
- Adding a new employee, via mobile or desktop, is simple and quick.
- Publishing the schedule or schedule changes via desktop is very helpful. I like the notification options, copy to next weeks options, publish only changes or all shifts options, and bulk delete/update options.
- The clock-in & -out details are very helpful. Requiring a photo or location (if using mobile clock-in) and the data logs of who approved a timesheet or edited it is all so helpful for our leadership team so we can keep always have transparency, accountability, and clarity in dealing with time worked for both employees and owners.
- Real-time seeing who is clocked in (via mobile or desktop) is a great feature.
- A calendar function please connected to the schedule! A functionality for folks to see if that day & the coming weeks includes a catering, ball game, event, graduation, show or other community event that will impact our business level and parking/traffic situation. That way, they'd understand why the schedule and staffing is setup as such and can prepare for the shift accordingly.
- Please mobile functionality to delete a shift or edit the person working an upcoming shift.
- Please a mobile functionality to direct message all those clocked-in at the time. And to message those that are upcoming scheduled that day.
- Document holding area. We'd love to post PDFs of employee manual, training guides, and health department and licensing documents to a Deputy spot that employees can access anytime w/o having to filter through the News Feed.
- As a restaurant owner, my time is crucial. Deputy has saved me countless hours that would have been spent recording and collecting time sheets and manually sending them into my payroll processor.
- The payroll accuracy saves both time, money, and confusion. Employees can see their timesheets they've clocked in & -out for, and the total number of hours worked at anytime. That information is directly exported into ADP and processed into the pay and paystub. They comment directly on the timesheet any correction needs (forgot to clock-in or -out) & we can edit the times accordingly. It's imperative we do not under- or over-pay due to clerical error or lack of record and Deputy ensures we don't. Simple and accountable.
- Real-time schedule publication and updates lets us focus on our cooking and customer service, rather than group texts and posts about any schedule updates.
- Heartland Payroll+ and Heartland Restaurant
I honestly can't remember how we managed from 2016-2018 before moving to Deputy service. So much time saved. No more spreadsheets and legal pads of time worked! Once we started running with more than 3 or 4 employees, other services simply couldn't provide the depth and breadth of functionality we needed, nor at a fair price. Deputy is a scalable service and what we needed at 5 employees and where we are now with 20+ and growing. All the record keeping is so crucial. We export directly into our ADP payroll processor. At tax time, the reports are so easy to pull and we know they're accurate. So much time saved. Other services didn't have the functionality, simplicity and integration we needed. Our employees appreciate the real-time schedule and how they can see their time sheets and time worked directly matched to their pay stubs. The customer service team at Deputy is so helpful. The chat-service is accessible and helpful. They come out with helpful updates and functionality regularly so we're getting what we pay for rather than feeling like we pay for a static service that isn't listening to us.
Do you think Deputy delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Deputy's feature set?
Did Deputy live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Deputy go as expected?
Would you buy Deputy again?
We appreciate what Deputy offers and would definitely purchase again with what is currently offered in features. Tech products always have room for continuous improvement so we give Deputy an 8 as we hope to see: improved schedule editing functionality on mobile, a document holding section (for employee manuals, training guides, new-hire and tax forms, etc.), mobile news feed improvement, and a calendar function in the scheduling feature so we can plug-in caterings, live shows, reservations, and sports events (we're located next to University of Kentucky campus), so our employees know what business & traffic will be like at work for the week.
We've used Deputy since 2018 and there were no implementation issues; nor any with continuous use in adding new employees or accessing records of past employees through multiple tax seasons now.
We're a restaurant and recommend using Deputy for making the schedule, timesheet recorder, and connect to your payroll servicer. This allows for transparency, accountability, records, and clarity in time worked for both the employee and company. Employees can message one another, pick up shifts & swap shifts, and get their schedules in real-time using the app. Employees can submit their "leave" and "unavailability" so it helps the leadership team effectively manage and best accommodate all employees' schedule needs. The leadership team can see who is clocked-in in real-time and who is upcoming scheduled for the day. Push notifications for the news feed messages and schedule publication help us all stay current, which is so helpful for the day-to-day operations in a restaurant.